• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 2, 2015] Hall Of Gaming: Project M and Sm4sh Biweeklies. (Wallingford, CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Marks

Smash Rookie
Yes im also curious as to when the venue opens. i have an hour drive to the tournament and i need to plan accordingly because of traffic.

Thanks,
-Nick

MLGF

Smash Lord
Venue opens at six, and bracket begins at seven. Sign ups close at seven. Please plan your arrival accordingly.

Last edited:

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
I'll be there around 6 for Sm4sh friendlies! :)

Last edited:

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
I know it says biweekly but I'd just like to confirm to be sure; will this tournament also happen on March 18th? I have an exam to study for but during spring break I'd like to attend.

crocaturtle

Smash Cadet
NNID
crocaturtle
I'm new to ct so I hope I meet sum new friends dere

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Well... it's a biweekly? So I'm not running it for another week, so there's a lot of time.
Can't really predict the attendance in a week, lol.

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
Ugh! I could have sworn I saw a post somewhere that the next one was on a Thursday! WHAT HAVE I DONE?! :p

I'll be at the next one, on the 15th!

MLGF

Smash Lord
The opening post shows all the rules for both games.

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
I plan on being there this Wednesday! :D

MLGF

Smash Lord
Mlgf do u know when u would be able to add doubles in to the mix
Given the limited time we have to run these and how we have multiple events being run. We are not intending in running doubles for either event in the foreseeable future.

BlueBerryKila5

Smash Rookie
Hi I'm new to the whole Smash tournament Community, and I would like to ask if there is a tournament for Sm4sh this upcoming Thursday, April 16th. Im wondering cause I wouldn't be able to make a Wednesday tourney due to the fact that I have school at 6:50 on Wednesday.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Sorry to say, but we are not intending on changing the date of the tournament from its traditional wednesday at the moment.
There are Melee Tournaments at the same location on the alternating thursdays however, so if that's something you're interested in that's the best I can say

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
I night be able to answer part of that! The venue is normally open an hour before the start of the tourney. Feel free to come around 6 and play some friendlies prior to the start of the brackets!

BlueBerryKila5

Smash Rookie
I night be able to answer part of that! The venue is normally open an hour before the start of the tourney. Feel free to come around 6 and play some friendlies prior to the start of the brackets!
Ok thank you, cause I wanna make the smash 4 competition but I have class and it ends at 6:30 so I wanted to see when the sign up close, again thanks for the information

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
People can sign up right until the start of it, from what I've seen! :)

MLGF

Smash Lord
Uh, yeah, sure. We usually have a spare CRT or two, so go for it.

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
To whoever is bringing their systems for Smash 4, please update to the latest patch!!

PlainSimpleGarak

Smash Cadet
Since these have been getting a great turnout every time, is it possible that this could become weekly, and not just bi-weekly?

MLGF

Smash Lord
Perhaps during the summer, but I won't make any changes until these turnouts are consistent. Like, yesterday but consistent.
Also, CT has a lot of tournament saturation for such a tiny state, so there's also that to keep in mind. I don't want to have a lot of tournaments all over the place. Making these biweekly from their original format as a weekly was my way to amend that in the first place.

Last edited:

borderlinebassist

Smash Rookie
NNID
smashKil
3DS FC
4055-3970-7864
Hey, just wanted to introduce myself here. I'm Kyle, my tag is kil. Just a few quick questions though.
1) Is it possible to play on gamepad here? It's not a big deal if I can't, but that is my preferred controller.
2) Are Mii fighters allowed? (no equipment obviously)
3) When is the next Sm4sh tourney?

MLGF

Smash Lord
1) Generally, I'm not going to stop people from playing with their preferred controller. But I know quite a few setups do not have gamepads, so there's that issue. I'd say that while you certainly may be able to use a gamepad, it'll be at the mercy of the people who bring setups. Tournaments generally have a bring your own controller format and I'm a firm believer on that.
2) With customs being... customs, I'm sorta iffy on Miis. But hey, if you just run the default moveset then it's fine.
3) Literally two weeks from now, you got here a little late.

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
He means two weeks from yesterday. ;) The next tourney is on the 29th.

borderlinebassist

Smash Rookie
NNID
smashKil
3DS FC
4055-3970-7864
Sounds good. In regard to the gamepad situation, I'll be sure to have a backup if that setup doesn't have a usable gamepad. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom