• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Venue Evacuation: Apex Likely Canceled For Day, Brawl Possibly Cancelled

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

Apex 2015 is off to a difficult start this morning. After a fire alarm was pulled at the event, the venue was told to be evacuated by hotel staff. The Melee room was still running for a short time before the fire marshal also shut it down as well. The news does not unfortunately get any better however.

The bad news does not even stop here unfortunately. There is also a possibility that Brawl may be cancellled, and that Apex day 1 may even be canceled all together:

SmashBoards will keep this thread updated as more announcements become available.

EDIT:

Hi guys, SmashCapps here. I want to keep adding Tweets to this article but it will just stretch for all eternity. If you want to keep as up to date as possible I WILL BE RETWEETING ALL THE NEWS AS SOON AS I SEE IT ON TWITTER. This will be a fast way and a central hub to get news, so come join me there.

Last edited:

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
YES NO MELEE ,SUCK IT YEAAAA ILY Storm wHICH MEANS NO SPLATOON NOOOOOOOOOO, Wolf O'Donel Did this , "CANT LET YOU DO THAT APEX" This is what happens if Wofl isnt in smash 4

WwwWario

Smash Ace
The biggest Smash tournament of the year.... even Nintendo was involved this year, too... and everything is ruined by someone using the Emergency Exit.... what bad karma is this?

....possibly our bad karma for complaining about Ridley.

Last edited:

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
Really what happen was they was looking for Mango and M2k
ᕕ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ RUN MANGO YOU CAN MAKE IT ᕕ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So this is going to be my first time watching Apex.......Is it always like this?

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
The biggest Smash tournament of the year.... even Nintendo was involved this year, too... and everything is ruined by someone using the Emergancy Ext.... what bad karma is this?
Considering the fact that the Fire Marshall deemed the venue status to be a complete wreck, that emergency exit pull might just have been a blessing in disguise.

I'm beyond livid, but don't misdirect the blame here. Thank the guy for exposing the abysmal venue for lying and the irresponsible management, and maybe even saving some lives in the process.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
There's no stream when they aren't even allowed in the rooms to setup. . .
Dude, there is a stream linked on the frontpage and it's just empty chairs.
Still a working stream though.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Can't APEX get a break? Goodness...

Brawl possibly being cancelled sucks tho...I mean....at least Smash Wii U and Smash Bros Melee need to continue. They were by far the biggest.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wow, everything that could go wrong for Appex has. Surprised nintendo didn't pay for a much better hotel. In fact what hotel they at? Anyway, hoping they don't have a snow storm atm and that everyone can stay safe and get it back and running and have a good year this year despite all the setbacks.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Brawl possibly being cancelled.

What about 64, Melee, and Wii U? Do they suffer from the same fate as one of their brothers did?

Last edited:

Marth Regalia

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4871-4228-5850
This makes some part of me glad that I wasn't able to make it to Apex, but this is still terrible for everyone there.

Things need to get underway soon- I was so hyped for all the salty suite matches.

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
This problem may of have reached its....

*Pfft...*

...APEX.

But really, this is ridiculous, what a good impression to leave on Nintendo and the FGC, their first year supporting us...

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
This sucks so hard...... come on Apex we all came here from forever away, lets do the tourney in rooms

TriTails

Smash Lord
Apparently, 4k people are still watching chairs.

They will consider moving the matches to hotel rooms. Hopefully, everything goes alright.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Somebody tempted fate and asked "Gee, what else could go wrong?"

Top Bottom