• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Salty Suite 2015 Results and More

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something

Thrills, chills, and shrills happened last night after the Salty Suite. For those that don't know or missed it, The Apex 2015 Salty Suite is an after-hours Super Smash Bros. Melee event at Apex with money matches and exhibition sets, organized and streamed by VGBootCamp.

The following matches happened from the Salty Suite;

Style vs. Fundamentals: Eikelmann vs Bizzaro Flame
-Eikelmann replaced Kage; Kage wasn’t able to play because of health reasons
-Bizzaro Flame (Ganondorf) defeated Eikelmann (Ganondorf) 3-0

Colbol vs Westballz

-Westballz (Falco) defeated Colbol (Fox) 3-0

A Chance for Redemption: Silent Wolf Vs Axe
-Axe (Pikachu) defeated SIlentWolf (Fox) 3-1; SilentWolf took Game 2

An Old Rivalry Reemerges: Ken vs PC Chris

-PC Chris (Fox/Falco) defeated Ken (Marth) 3-2; Ken took game 1 and 4 – PC Chris switched to Falco after Game 1

Chillindude vs Leffen
Wager: $200 + default Fox color

-Leffen (Fox) defeated Chillindude (Fox) 5-0; after this happened, Mang0 challenged Leffen to a 1K money match in Brackets

Don't feel bad if you missed the salt! While the 1v1's are over, here’s still more to go for the rest of the event with two more events

The Melee Games Finals

The time is set for tomorrow; the stakes are The Melee Games Season 2

NorCal vs Florida

NorCal vs Florida acts as a crew battle; the time is set for some time tomorrow.

Head over to twitch.tv/vgbootcamp for more APEX action tomorrow.

Thirdkoopa was pumped after seeing that even if he had to watch it on his phone. Follow him on Twitter so he tweets about Smash more at @Thirdkoopa!

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm crying LOOOL Salty Suite summed up in 1 pic

Last edited:

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Chillin really wasn't doing bad at all. Sad he couldn't secure it. Still an amazing player.

link2702

Smash Champion
man I kinda feel bad for chillin. Leffen was such a douche it wasn't funny.

Ah well, least you did semi-decent against him chillin....till the final match anyhow.

[NameGoesHere]

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4356-2722-9069
i thought Ken and Pc went game 5? "Last game, last match last stock"
Kinda was a little like that...... no?

Last edited:

Chef Besh

Smash Rookie
When Leffen laughed, put his hand on Chillin's shoulder, gave him a charity stock, and still won, I knew that set was over.

Last edited:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
i had to turn away that was so hard to watch

here's hoping mang0 puts leffen in his place for good. cause if he don't...well there goes 1k and leffen gets to keep opening his big mouth *cries*

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
Leffen is the guy this community needed, he generates so much hype. Leffen vs chillen was the only real salty suite match IMO, all the others felt forced.

Ornstine

Smash Cadet
NNID
Faroose
3DS FC
3454-1164-7348
Chillin vs Leffen was like watching the 2nd last episode of some hype TV show and its like Chillin was the good guy that trained his little heart out for this moment to beat the evil tyrant Leffen and the crowd was wild and couldnt wait for the match with Mentor Mango believing Good guy Chillin could make this tyrant go back to Sweden

The match starts and Chillin was doing good at first until Tyrant Dark Lord of Evil Leffen used his evil tricks and power to overwhelm him after that first stock in game one then getting utterly destroyed trying his best to find a way to beat Leffen but his little heart gave out. Then his mentor god Mango came up as poor Chillin was dying on the ground and challanged the tyrant to dual DBZ style! and yeah.... Wait a minute.. Speaking of DBZ this moment seems all to similar.... wait ITS EXACTLY THIS OMG

CHILLIN = VIDEL
LEFFEN = SPOPOVICH
MANGO = GOHAN
D1/PROG = TOURNEY ANNOUNCER
TWITCH CHAT/APEX CROWD = TOURNEY CROWD

MIND = BLOWN

SOMEONE DUB THIS OVER WITH THEIR FACES OVER THE CHARACTERS OMG PLEASE

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Will Smash 4 ever be able to create moments like these? I hope, but we need to get our **** together and stop whinning about our characters.
This Salty Suite brought my Melee love back. Though is probably better just to watch. If I played again, I would pick Ganondorf; because its not about winning, its about the style (and winning after that).

Last edited:

JFyst

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1822-1491-9293
man I kinda feel bad for chillin. Leffen was such a douche it wasn't funny.

Ah well, least you did semi-decent against him chillin....till the final match anyhow.
To be fair, chillin was kinda a ****, he made a rap, and told leffen he was all talk.

Neecko Senpai

Smash Rookie
Will Smash 4 ever be able to create moments like these? I hope, but we need to get our **** together and stop whinning about our characters.
This Salty Suite brought my Melee love back. Though is probably better just to watch. If I played again, I would pick Ganondorf; because its not about winning, its about the style (and winning after that).
I would love to see it, but i doubt it... Diddys all day man

Last edited:

AJawesome07

Smash Apprentice
Are people not bothered by the fact that Leffen's the larget douche in smash? Ask yourself, what's better, losing with grace, or winning, and being an ass about it?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Gotta love the Salty Suite

I was only able to see a few bits but damn, that Leffen vs. Chillin was brutal.

DonEsteban

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheCleanSlate
Some may argue that Leffen vs Chillin was a bit too much drama and reality tv like... But this kind of rivalry draws so much attention to the scene, which helps expanding the community we love more and more. Just hope that people don't expect this much drama every tourney...
However with that being said, I'm kinda hyped seeing Mango vs Leffen now :yeahboi:

Top Bottom