• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2015 Venue Changed! Competition Will Restart Tomorrow

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

Good news! It seems that Twitch.tv has helped secure a new venue for Apex 2015!!! The Apex Team has now officially confirmed that they will be moving to a new venue. the new venue is the Garden State Convention Center located at 50 Atrium Dr, Somerset New Jersey. As the saying goes, the show must go on!!!

The news keeps coming in! it seems that Twitch may even be providing buses to transport players to the new venue as well. A huge shoutout to Twitch.tv for their awesome work to help Apex 2015 run! There is also a thread on /r/smashbros to organize transportation so be sure to check it out. #ThankYouTwitch is already being massively posted on Twitter, join the thank you celebration!

EDIT: Big update from Apex Team. There will be no tournament matches taking place today. The FGC schedule will continue as planned and signups will also continue ON SITE on Saturday at the new venue.

Hi guys, SmashCapps here. I want to remind everyone that keep adding I WILL BE RETWEETING ALL THE NEWS AS SOON AS I SEE IT ON TWITTER. You'll see reshares before I can even post articles so for the most update info follow me and keep posted! You can also stay tuned by watching the official Apex 2015 update thread on Smashboards.

Last edited:

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
Great news! Here's hoping they don't run into further complications with this than they've already had, my goodness.

Fish&Herbs19

Smash Journeyman
According to Prog and PewPewU on twitter, this doesn't have full confirmation yet. The new venue is 45 minutes away from the old venue, so it would take a very long time to transport all the players to the venue

Edit: Nevermind, the new venue is confirmed.

Last edited:

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Ohh thank God, man it would of sucked if you traveled the whole way there just for the event to be cancelled.

AJawesome07

Smash Apprentice
Wow, this is another spirit bomb moment. The Smash community is just awesome.

Edit: I'm in math class right now, and I literally could not care less right now about verifying trigonometric identities because this whole situation is amazing.

Last edited:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
What about the matches that were interrupted because of these shenanigans? Hopefully Apex can get it together.

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
Well, like Queen once said:

NiZMO LS1

Smash Cadet
I love this community!! Just imagining this mass exodus of Smashers to a promised land via bus makes me smile!

Apex TO's = Gandhi

Zebkeet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ivan_Revi_Adames
They did it. They pulled victory from the jaws of defeat. Despite all of the things in our way, the weather, PM cancelled, the evacuation, Apex is still ready and raring to go. And this time, with Nintendo on our side. Here's hoping for the best Apex ever. Cheers!!!

Last edited:

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
Is it just me or do y'all think the Smash Community should do something to thank Twitch. I mean seriously we have been waiting for Apex for quite some time and it almost went to hell... I'm just saying they are pretty amazing for doing this for us.

Liam_Butler

Smash Apprentice
Twitch is officially the first opponent of the Ice Climbers to escape their wobbling antics, without ICs messing up. Apex comes back from the four stock, we going to game three baybee.

Top Bottom