• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I think you should all start a Kickstarter funding Chrom's DLC development and show Sakurai that people are willing to pay for him if DLC characters actually happen

Sonicdude234

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0576-5109-7228
"Why do you guys like Chrom?" Personally, Chrom is a character I can relate to on a personal level. Overall I love his Character.

"Chrom is love Chrom is life" Yes.

"Who do the guys ship Chrom with?" Shipping, Oh my worst nightmare. Uh...I'd have to say Sully, out of his choices.

"Why is Chrom hated so much?" I honestly don't know. I am confused about this as well. I've heard things such as, He is bland and and uninteresting lord. But I don't see that view point. I can't see it.

battletendacies: "Do you guys think that Sakurai gave up on Chrom too early?" Eh..Maybe a bit soon. There are alot of different things people can do with a moveset like Chrom's. I think if Sakurai looked a bit deeper he could see that.

IronFish

Smash Ace
To continue last the page discussion..
Chrom x Robin.
Yes.
There is no where else where you get "You are the wind at my back..."
Well Chrom doesn't give Robin that family ring of his, that he gives TO PRETTY MUCH EVERY OTHER WIFE, Sumia is the highest priority wife for Chrom anyway. And Pega Pony Princess.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Well Chrom doesn't give Robin that family ring of his, that he gives TO PRETTY MUCH EVERY OTHER WIFE, Sumia is the highest priority wife for Chrom anyway. And Pega Pony Princess.
Pega Pony Princess for life.

What happens in the Chrom/FeMU S supports reminds me of Ricken/FeMU lol. Maybe one character supports have multiple writters and then, they lose congruency.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see why Chrom being a FS AND a character is that big of a deal OR a dealbreaker. He could definitely be Alfonzo'd and that would solve the problem, but to be honest, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if they just left him as-is in the FS. I mean... we can have up to 4 of the same character on the field beating the crud out of himself in Smash so it's not like it would be all that odd to see more than one Chrom at the same time.

It's not even unusual within Awakening, LOL. If you face someone's Streetpass team and it has Chrom on it, he can literally kill himself. Same goes for the Wellspring of Truth stage, where everyone has doppelgangers.

I wonder if some of the hostility comes from people who have the tiniest bit of fear that -by some chance probably slimmer than winning the lottery - Chrom actually does get in as DLC.

If such a day does come, things could get interesting. I don't hold out much hope, but eh, I've done my part and it doesn't really take me much time so it isn't like I've wasted my life agonizing over this.
Chrom's FS should be the same as Robin's. Summoning Chrom. There can never be too many Chroms on one screen.

By the way, guys, let's not act like we get offended easily, because we don't. People can state their opinions of Chrom even if they don't like him. The reasons can be discussed. If someone insults or something then we don't need to respond. Just chill. :awesome:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Are there any benefits to having Chrom on the roster?
Special move that switches his weapon from sword to lance. Juggle/combo based swordsman. Summoning a partner for dual strike. And smash needs more fatherly figures :troll:

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
No one would want to pay money to show support for a character -- besides, we can't just KICKSTART that, we're not Nintendo.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Are there any benefits to having Chrom on the roster?
My understanding of the situation is that Chrom could potentially have a unique move set, and he's a fairly popular and important Fire Emblem character.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Does this thread need a morale boost?
Well good. Because Frederick just ordered statues for that.

..Guess we'll have to return them. Sorry Shepherds :(
I've just died laughing after seeing the hidden image. I'm surprised that Frederick x Chrom isn't that popular at all. :troll:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Actually, I was pretty serious about a Kickstarter. Would speak 100x louder than a Wordpress page.
It's a good idea but who would the money go to? Nintendo themselves will have to make one. A petition like what they did with Reggie as a character would speak pretty loud if it gets a lot of support.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
No one would want to pay money to show support for a character -- besides, we can't just KICKSTART that, we're not Nintendo.
No one? Including the developers who have to pay substantially more money and time to produce the multiplying work of adding a new character, particularly one who was cut from the original roster?

Remigrated

Smash Rookie
"Why do you guys like Chrom?" - Chrom is actually a diverse character; at least more than people tend to view him as. he's got more color than just "blue-haired sword-wielder" which has kind of become a slur for the FE fanbase.

"Chrom is Love, Chrom is Life" - please do not make a video of that ohgod

"Who do the guys ship Chrom with?" - I'm actually not a big shipper. no personal favorites, here.

"Why is Chrom hated so much?" - probably because people tend to completely overlook him due to the before-mentioned "blue-haired sword-wielder" thing. it's a first-glance kind of notion that a lot of people have, and people don't consider looking deeper into the character itself because of it.

"Do you guys think that Sakurai gave up on Chrom too early?" - of course. Chrom has much potential, and he was completely overlooked imo due to other characters with higher popularity statuses.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Actually, I was pretty serious about a Kickstarter. Would speak 100x louder than a Wordpress page.
You might be on to something...
Stretch goals:

$500,000: Blue Hair Option for Mii Swordsmen.
Too many Blue-haired swordsmen? We think not! With this stretch goal, we shall aim to have blue hair a customizable option for all Mii Swordsmen, so Chrom and Lucina can lead forth their army of blue-haired swordsmen to battle!

$600,000: Swim Trunks Alternate Costume for Chrom.
Enjoy your taste of fanservice with Chrom, donning his swimwear as an alternate costume, first seen in Fire Emblem Awakening! Thanks to the spare money made from this kickstarter, Chrom can finally buy it from Anna without the fear of Robin killing him for wasting gold!

$700,000: Summer Scramble Island Stage.
The beach from Fire Emblem Awakening's Summer Scramble dlc becomes a alternate version of Tortimer Island! Summer Scramble's main theme is one of the tracks that plays on the stage, and fan favorites such as Tharja can be seen trying on swimsuits in the background. Perfect for battles with Chrom in his swimwear, acquired with the previous stretch goal!

$800,000: Chrom Gets a Proper Trailer.
Remember Sonic's cheap 40 second trailer? We shall not have that for our lord with this goal! It shall be a 3 minute long trailer with as much CG as the Robin/Lucina trailer consisted of. It begins with Chrom still on the floor of Arena Ferox. Suddenly:
"Now I'm angry!"
The rest is up to Sakurai's creative mind to finish~

$1,000,000: Replace Robin with Chrom.
All Chrom fans can agree: Robin represents FEA well, but fails for being a FE newcomer without blue hair. This cannot do, and so our stretch goal is to replace him with Chrom:
As in, Chrom Robin:
We shall let the remainder of the money convince Sakurai this is what we want!

:awesome:

It's a good idea but who would the money go to? Nintendo themselves will have to make one. A petition like what they did with Reggie as a character would speak pretty loud if it gets a lot of support.
That definitely would too. I'm sure that Mii Fighter bit happened because of that petition.

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
No one? Including the developers who have to pay substantially more money and time to produce the multiplying work of adding a new character, particularly one who was cut from the original roster?
Are you quite done?

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
I'm not gonna answer ALL of the questions we got because I can agree with all of the answers but I do want to answer "Why do I think Chrom is hated so much?"

Most people say his a bland character which I can understand. A good portion of characters have very subtle personalities like Chrom. It is a lot harder to enjoy his character unless you find him relatable due to his subtle personality. If the player doesn't see a connection, they usually see him as bland.

Also, ChromxSumia but only if Male Robin.

Edit: Also, I love @ False Sense False Sense 's signature.

Last edited:

Speculator

Smash Ace
While i do whole hardedly agree it's probably best you dont talk like that round these parts.
Everyone has a right to say what they think. The worst support threads are the ones that act like an exclusive club for supporters. Without a discussion from both sides the subject becomes stagnated.

There's nothing to be found in surrounding yourself only with those who agree with you. Particularly when it comes to discussing potential SSB characters, people need to consider alternative viewpoints to help keep their expectations in check and to prevent unnecessary outrage when character X doesn't make it in.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Everyone has a right to say what they think. The worst support threads are the ones that act like an exclusive club for supporters. Without a discussion from both sides the subject becomes stagnated.

There's nothing to be found in surrounding yourself only with those who agree with you. Particularly when it comes to discussing potential SSB characters, people need to consider alternative viewpoints to help keep their expectations in check and to prevent unnecessary outrage when character X doesn't make it in.
There's a difference between giving people a reality check and antagonizing people.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
"Do you guys think that Sakurai gave up on Chrom too early?" - of course. Chrom has much potential, and he was completely overlooked imo due to other characters with higher popularity statuses.
This isn't exactly true. Chrom has always been one of the most popular characters from Awakening, and it sounds like he was the first character Sakurai considered to represent the game. However, he found Chrom to be somewhat unoriginal and too similar to Marth and Ike, so he decided to go with Robin, a character just as important to the game as Chrom who had much more unique potential than Chrom and could better represent Fire Emblem as a whole. Popularity had little to do with it. Sakurai just decided to go with the character he believed to be the best choice.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
This isn't exactly true. Chrom has always been one of the most popular characters from Awakening, and it sounds like he was the first character Sakurai considered to represent the game. However, he found Chrom to be somewhat unoriginal and too similar to Marth and Ike, so he decided to go with Robin, a character just as important to the game as Chrom who had much more unique potential than Chrom and could better represent Fire Emblem as a whole. Popularity had little to do with it. Sakurai just decided to go with the character he believed to be the best choice.
I always assumed that if Robin was to be in that it would have nothing to do with popularity but rather diversity. I was right on that front.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I keep seeing people in other threads saying Chrom was 'cut from the roster'.... Can someone tell me why people think this? Sakurai clearly stated that he considered Chrom, but went with Robin. Being considered for the roster is completely different than being in the roster and then cut from it.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I keep seeing people in other threads saying Chrom was 'cut from the roster'.... Can someone tell me why people think this? Sakurai clearly stated that he considered Chrom, but went with Robin. Being considered for the roster is completely different than being in the roster and then cut from it.
You are completely right. Probably people that are trying to insist that Gematsu was merely outdated in regards to Chrom by saying the list given by Gematsu was the list of planned characters, which doesn't really work considering Chrom was rejected before the "core" roster had been finalised (read: one that doesn't include last-minute additions). If the list from Gematsu was actually legit, then Robin should have been in as unlike Chrom, he/she was planned to be in.

Last edited:

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
Well some people like to joke that Falcon beat Chrom so bad, he went off the roster!

But in all seriousness, like True Blue Warrior said, people just want to continue to believe in Gematsu. The fact that people say Chrom has a detailed model and voice clips...eh, Sakurai has proved time and time again his team is putting their all into these models, trophy, assist, or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom