• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
How can Chrom be DLC when he's part of Robin's FS. It's a real shame he's not playable I really like his personally. But if there's going to be any FE character DLC it should be Roy.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Aight, sounds good! And I see you have another anti-Chrom barking at ya. I dunno, maybe I have a twisted sense of humor, or maybe it's just because I refuse to take that sort of thing seriously, but... I find it kind of funny. For some reason, people choose to be offended by things that do not affect them and they also feel compelled to save us from ourselves. Or something. As though we're not aware of how slim the odds are that Sakurai-senpai will notice us.

It just boggles my mind why people waste their time to say these things. The way some hate Chrom, you'd think that he personally came to their house and flipped their table while they were trying to eat breakfast, then threatened Sakurai into cutting their favorite character from the game.

And haha, thanks Turokman! Don't worry, I'm not the type to flame Chrom/Sumia supporters, I just prefer to stick both Sumia and Chrom with people who can even them out.
I just don't get why people are against characters period. Unless they are crazy requests. The more the merrier I say; especially if they can have unique movesets.0

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How can Chrom be DLC when he's part of Robin's FS. It's a real shame he's not playable I really like his personally. But if there's going to be any FE character DLC it should be Roy.
A simple Alfonzo scenario would hypothetically do the trick.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Why do you guys like Chrom? I like his design and I like him as a unit, is pretty fun to use him in Lunatic. And well, I want "another fancy way to use a sword", in Brawl every sword user don't fill me, Marth is not combo based (and is preeety floatie), Ike and Link sux, Toon Link is a weird Link and MetaKnight is baned with my friends. In Smash 4 Lucina is pretty much Marth and Robin only has very basic sword moves, he seems like more a campy character.

Who do th guys ship Chrom with? Sumia, cuz canon and I prefer to use a Male MU. I wish Cordelia can have supports with Chrom, Lucina and Severa with Aether, Armsthrift and Galeforce sounds amazing. Severa with blue hair and Lucina with red hair (I know she can't for plot reasons) looks like pretty sweet in my head.

Why is Chrom hated so much? because he's not Gary Stu :troll:

Do you guys think that Sakurai gave up on Chrom too early? I don't think so, seems like he considered him but he worries for aestethic diversity and moveset potential. It's not an easy choice, even with Robin, he's obscure for people who don't play Awakening before and (most of) the people who did it, it took them a second replay or a visit in the Robin Thread to ever considered him.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
Hmm....anyone got any good ideas for Chrom's Final Smash?
Great Lord + Exalted Falchion

Aslo, people, i looked at the website.

We have only a single moveset for him. We should be trying to give him multiple special moves, to show much of Chrom's potential rather than just one.

It's a real pity, that the strongest ideas i have revolve around Chrom having a partner... and the best partners he could have are taken, would try to enforce some canon pairing for him, or are impossible due to horses (Frederick)

Anyway.

Here are 3 moves i wanted to share with you guys.

Luna:

Luna would work as a throwback to Marth's original Shield Breaker from Melee, with a different visual effect (a shining blue effect similar to Falco's laser, or a shining white). Like what happened to Lucina, Chrom wouldn't have a sweetsopt, but in comparison to Marth's sourspot, this move is stronger.

But that's not all! After Fully charigng Luna, Chrom could be able to save the charge, but unlike the charge Shot and it's pokemon cousins, Chrom doesn't get a free fully-charged Luna for whenever... instead, the Luna effect is placed on all of his moves, allowing them to deal a bit more damage and knockback for a while, and severely improving their shield damage.

Aether:

How can Chrom's Aether differ from ike? Simple enough! Aether has two parts, the toss, and the slam..

For the Toss, Chrom could throw the Falchion much like he can throw the Ragnel in this game: like a Javelin. Chrom could get more horizontal reach out of the move, in exchange for it's offensive range (sine Ike's is a big ball of doom)...

But once he grabs the sword, he could slam it with a spin attack, much like th eone he uses Vs 'Marth" in FEa (think like a long version of MK's nair).

Brave Bow:

Representing Chrom's Archer class tree, we have a brave bow. Chrom simply picks the bow quickly and shoots two weak arrows, and like Wolf, he puts the weapon back inot hammerspace immediately after using it

I was thinking of making it shift into an Astra bow during his final smash, for 5 very fast shots like Shiek's needles, except bigger.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
A simple Alfonzo scenario would hypothetically do the trick.
With Who Frederick? It's unlikely to happen. Sure it's could, but we don't even know if there will be character DLC yet and if there is, there are characters that should get in before Chrom does.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Hey, if this is what they want to do, let them. There's no point in trying to talk them out of it. If they make it happen, then great. If not, then they can at least say they tried...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
With Who Frederick? It's unlikely to happen. Sure it's could, but we don't even know if there will be character DLC yet and if there is, there are characters that should get in before Chrom does.
Stop antagonizing the Chrom supporters. They've literally done nothing to deserve this ire, and to kick them while they're down when you're on the winning team just makes you look like a giant asshole. Seriously, if the Chrom supporters had spent as much time as you did pre-announcement bashing Robin/Lucina, I might let you off on this one, but Oppo and everyone else just wants to hang on to hope for the character they want.

Sit the **** down.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Stop antagonizing the Chrom supporters. They've literally done nothing to deserve this ire, and to kick them while they're down when you're on the winning team just makes you look like a giant *******. Seriously, if the Chrom supporters had spent as much time as you did pre-announcement bashing Robin/Lucina, I might let you off on this one, but Oppo and everyone else just wants to hang on to hope for the character they want.

Sit the **** down.
It's ok, don't worry about it. We gotta real with it all the time, especially since I support Ridley too...

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
Stop antagonizing the Chrom supporters. They've literally done nothing to deserve this ire, and to kick them while they're down when you're on the winning team just makes you look like a giant *******. Seriously, if the Chrom supporters had spent as much time as you did pre-announcement bashing Robin/Lucina, I might let you off on this one, but Oppo and everyone else just wants to hang on to hope for the character they want.

Sit the **** down.
You know perhaps he isn't mad because you want chrom in as dlc but rather, Chrom being in as dlc might prevent other characters that he judges deserve more and add more than chrom addition.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's ok, don't worry about it. We gotta real with it all the time, especially since I support Ridley too...
I know I know, I was here for most of it. It was bad enough how often people came in here just to spit on supporters and talk about how "Robin > Chrom" (Which, while I have my own feelings about that, doesn't make it right.) and spout "He's just going to be Roy, go do something useful with your time."

That's bad enough, but coming in here after the Robin and Lucina people both made a come from behind victory, just to **** on Chrom supporters, is ridiculous and stupid.

You know perhaps he isn't mad because you want chrom in as dlc but rather, Chrom being in as dlc might prevent other characters that he judges deserve more and add more than chrom addition.
Based on all the Chrom hate there was from him long before Monday, and how much he talked about how Robin would be better, I find this unlikely.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Sarcasm...?:(
Wrong reply sorry!
Look at the older posts. Plus this is a CHROM THREAD!! Specifically for supporting chrom as dlc! If he wants other dlc characters go to their threads right?

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
Oh man would I kill for some Volnutt alt or color scheme with Mega Man..

Actually I don't think thinking up more specials for Chrom to put on the website is a bad idea at all, we are trying to show how unique Chrom can be after all.
Probably not the best idea for a special, but I sure wouldn't mind seeing that spinning slash in action...

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Oh man would I kill for some Volnutt alt or color scheme with Mega Man..

Actually I don't think thinking up more specials for Chrom to put on the website is a bad idea at all, we are trying to show how unique Chrom can be after all.
Probably not the best idea for a special, but I sure wouldn't mind seeing that spinning slash in action...
Nair?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Or alternatively maybe IronFish is merely pointing out that Chrom DLC isn't likely to begin with since he now has an assigned role?

I understand this was Chrom's one chance to get in Smash(In seven years time there will almost inevitably be other FE protagonists he must compete with and judging from Smash history, no older character has ever made it in over a newer one), and that must completely suck, but all I can see is this leading to more disappointment for Chrom supporters when Sakurai ignores this petition.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Or alternatively maybe IronFish is merely pointing out that Chrom DLC isn't likely to begin with since he now has an assigned role?

I understand this was Chrom's one chance to get in Smash(In seven years time there will almost inevitably be other FE protagonists he must compete with and judging from Smash history, no older character has ever made it in over a newer one), and that must completely suck, but all I can see is this leading to more disappointment for Chrom supporters when Sakurai ignores this petition.
We know it's unlikely, just go back a page or two, I've written on this. But that's really not what iron fish seems to be saying; he could at least pretend to be civil about it.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Past posts lead me to believe the overall goal of said Fish are not as altruistic as that. Like has been said already.

Besides, I've said as much to them already, but nonetheless give them my support. And if "It might disappoint you." is such a big deal, why can't they just grow up and deal with it, if it doesn't pan out to anything? It's not like it isn't worth a shot.

Last edited:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman

While i do whole hardedly agree it's probably best you dont talk like that round these parts.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Welp, This looks just like the robin thread! Except I loathe almost everything this thread stands for.I'll be loafing here for quite some time!!!
...I don't understand why someone would come here to post about things they hate. Do you think I've spent even a minute in the Jigglypuff thread? No, just let people enjoy what they want and move on. If you don't want to see the Chrom thread anymore, there's a way to do that.

****, man.

Edit: Shouldn't there be some kind of rule against this? Honestly, some people. (I don't even particularly care either way for Chrom DLC, but man.)

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
...I don't understand why someone would come here to post about things they hate. Do you think I've spent even a minute in the Jigglypuff thread? No, just let people enjoy what they want and move on. If you don't want to see the Chrom thread anymore, there's a way to do that.

****, man.
Summon a mod!

I think there may be if they troll a lot..

Last edited:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman

You some kind of masochist friend? It's like dr Mundo over here

****, man.

Edit: Shouldn't there be some kind of rule against this? Honestly, some people. (I don't even particularly care either way for Chrom DLC, but man.)
I may hate this thread it's goals and it's means of achieving it. But im sensing some good vibes here. Heck all i said is that i dont like this thread. I did not troll. I did not flame. I simply stated my opinion on the matter to make it perfectly clear i didnt care what happens.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I may hate this thread it's goals and it's means of achieving it. But im sensing some good vibes here. Heck all i said is that i dont like this thread. I did not troll. I did not flame. I simply stated my opinion on the matter to make it perfectly clear i didnt care what happens.
I'm not saying you did don't kill me!
That said, apart from a handful of posts, even people who hate chrom have been really nice, and I appreciate that :)

Enloc

Smash Cadet
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see why Chrom being a FS AND a character is that big of a deal OR a dealbreaker. He could definitely be Alfonzo'd and that would solve the problem, but to be honest, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if they just left him as-is in the FS. I mean... we can have up to 4 of the same character on the field beating the crud out of himself in Smash so it's not like it would be all that odd to see more than one Chrom at the same time.

It's not even unusual within Awakening, LOL. If you face someone's Streetpass team and it has Chrom on it, he can literally kill himself. Same goes for the Wellspring of Truth stage, where everyone has doppelgangers.

I wonder if some of the hostility comes from people who have the tiniest bit of fear that -by some chance probably slimmer than winning the lottery - Chrom actually does get in as DLC.

If such a day does come, things could get interesting. I don't hold out much hope, but eh, I've done my part and it doesn't really take me much time so it isn't like I've wasted my life agonizing over this.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Summon a mod!

I think there may be if they troll a lot..
YOU CALLED ME TROLL!!!! I ONLY STATED MY OPINION AND IM ALREADY GETTING CALLED TROLL!!!
I'm not saying you did don't kill me!
That said, apart from a handful of posts, even people who hate chrom have been really nice, and I appreciate that :)
AND DON'T EVEN TRY TO SAY OTHER WISE! Gods im starting to get why ironfish is a pompeus douche all the time.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see why Chrom being a FS AND a character is that big of a deal OR a dealbreaker. He could definitely be Alfonzo'd and that would solve the problem, but to be honest, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if they just left him as-is in the FS. I mean... we can have up to 4 of the same character on the field beating the crud out of himself in Smash so it's not like it would be all that odd to see more than one Chrom at the same time.

It's not even unusual within Awakening, LOL. If you face someone's Streetpass team and it has Chrom on it, he can literally kill himself. Same goes for the Wellspring of Truth stage, where everyone has doppelgangers.

I wonder if some of the hostility comes from people who have the tiniest bit of fear that -by some chance probably slimmer than winning the lottery - Chrom actually does get in as DLC.

If such a day does come, things could get interesting. I don't hold out much hope, but eh, I've done my part and it doesn't really take me much time so it isn't like I've wasted my life agonizing over this.
Yeah, I don't see what's wrong with chrom not being replaced. We can already have 4 of any character on screen at once!

Yeah, I don't see what's wrong with chrom not being replaced. We can already have 4 of any character on screen at once!
"I hate everything this thread stands for.. I'll be staying here a while."
It sounds kinda like a troll, but I assumed you're being sarcastic

-Mod Note, Please Don't Double Post-

Last edited by a moderator:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
"I hate everything this thread stands for.. I'll be staying here a while."
It sounds kinda like a troll, but I assumed you're being sarcastic
I dont see why ones opinion should clash with the personality of those inside. I mean you guys don't eat ,live and breathe chrom.
You aren't some kind of cult. You're no Grimleal, sal supporters, robin enthusiests.You contantly talk about other threads. Why should me not caring, wanting or liking chrom change that? Heck wouldn't you want stuff from the perspective of someone who doesn't care? Wasn't that your goal in the first place.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I dont see why ones opinion should clash with the personality of those inside. I mean you give don't eat ,live and breathe chrom.
You aren't some kind of cult. You contantly talk about other threads. Why should me not caring, wanting or liking chrom change that? Heck wouldn't you want stuff from the perspective of someone who doesn't care? Wasn't that your goal in the first place.
I'm sorry, but you haven't actually offered us anything helpful other than, I loathe these threads and getting mad at me... I'm not mad at you, I respect you opinion, and I'm not gonna report you ok? We have different opinions and that's fine, but the way we express them is really important, especially considering how great this community has treated me so far. So I ask that if you respond again, keep this in mind; people here have a different opinion and don't mind discussions, but none of us want flaming arguments. Cool?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
@ Turokman5896 Turokman5896
If you want to add onto your post and no one has posted after you, please use the edit function.

..Carry on.

Enloc

Smash Cadet
At least someone gets it!
I think about that a lot too. I really don't have a darn thing against most of the characters I hear people asking for and heck, I even support some (Ridley, Toad, Shulk, Isaac). The only ones I don't really like much are the ones that are 3rd party because I feel like we have plenty of those and I'd rather that the Nintendo All Star game keeps it to Nintendo's actual characters.

But even in cases like those, I wouldn't go out of my way to bother people about their choices. It's fun to dream.

Hong

The Strongest
To continue last the page discussion..
Chrom x Robin.
Yes.
There is no where else where you get "You are the wind at my back..."
Ah, yes. The only pairing of the three leads that I find to be acceptable.

And it just seems cooler to have them all as one family, as opposed to Robin being somehow Chrom's son-in-law. Something just feels off with the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom