• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Northern WA smashers? (Bellingham area)

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
Finally getting back into the smash scene after a decent break from brawl and was wondering if anyone was active in northern Washington, particularly the Bellingham area.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
The WWU club includes both current students (the majority) and non-students (alumni and others who just happen to live nearby like some high schoolers, etc.). The last weekly club session was last Friday, so most of the students have already gone home or are preparing to, but I'm pretty sure at least a few non-students who live up there will be around to play.

While weeklies (during the academic year) are guaranteed, you can pretty much just post on the group page whenever you're open to others coming to play, or asking if others are available to visit. Probably less active over the summer, but you can almost count on at least one session every other day taking place when the students are around! The scene there is super chill; I just transferred out from WWU lol. Feel free to introduce yourself and get going

EDIT: noticed that the only game you mentioned was Brawl. While the main games are PM/Melee and a bit of S4, and most may not be interested in Brawl, ask around for Daniel (his tag is Felix). He's plays all the games, but he was 1st on the Brawl PR back when we had one. Nobody wants to play him in Brawl, so he'd prob be more than willing to play you regardless of how confident you are aha

Last edited:

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
I'd probably mainly be looking at S4, brawl was just the last time I was in the competitive scene. I'm actually a semi recent graduate/current employee of WWU. I was in the club back when I was a student a few years ago but I wasn't sure if it was still going on. I'll definitely check out the page and see who's gonna be up here for the summer.

Thanks.

Last edited:

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Nice, there's definitely at least a small chunk of the club members who're into S4. And from what I've heard, the club started growing quite a bit around the time I joined (sometime over the 2013-2014 academic year), so hopefully it'll end up a nice surprise on your end (:

Top Bottom