• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

RandomNickname

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flori2000
Count me in just for the sake of having a RH representative. I don't want the Chorus kids specifically, I'd love to have a general representative that transforms to another character for each of hid moves. Something like that:

Neutral-B: Built to Scale
You can charge up the small cylindric thing and a little bit in front of you the two square things start moving towards the stage. It can get fired and if fully charged the opponent will also get hit by the squares. If assembled successfully, it can be thrown.

Side-B: Karateka:
Works kinda like WFT's Side B, where a flower pot, light bulb or barrel fly towards you and you hit it, causing it to fly towards the enemy. The flower pot is average, the light bulb flys farther but deals less damage and the barel flys shorter but deals less damage. If you hit an enemy with the punch, instead of spiking like WFR does, it'll launch them sideways.

Down-B: Drummer

The drummer from the original Rhythm Tengoku slams on the ground, causing a pretty huge shockwave. Kinda like DK's Down-B, but it can't be spammed.

Up-B: Launch party

Works kinda like Diddy Kong's Up-B. Yiu can charge it, and ehile charging you fall down slower but straight horizontally. Depending on how long you charge, the type of rocket will change.

Side-B 2: Hole in One

Kinda like the original, but the ball flys really far and diesn't do much damage and if you get hit by the golf bat you'll fly extremely far.

Final Smash: Packing Pests

You're basically playing Packing Pests, just that everything you catcj or throw away could potentially hit your enemies. If someone walks into the hands he'll receive a devastating hit.

Up-Smash: Tambourine

Hits the enemy multiple times with tambourine hits.

Don't have any further ideas, sorry.

Stage: Remix

Variant A) Make it like WarioWare so from time to time there'll come a Rhythm minigame you'll have to succeed in for rewards.

Variant B) A more classic transformation stage whith 3-5 games featuree. The main music will be a Rhythm Heavem medley, switching sings as the stage does (see Paper Mario on Smash 3DS). Other music includes a Packing Pests Remix, a Hole in One Vocal and normal Remix and a Karateka Medley remixing all 3 Karateka themes w/o the Lyrics. Original music will Iinclude the RHF main theme, Screwbot Factory, Space Dance and the Elite Beat Agents Main Theme (maybe it's region specific so it's the Ouendan Main Theme in JP or they're maybe just reusing ghe Ouendan Main Theme worldwide, who knows).

That'd ne the best way to represent the whole franchise imo. One char can't represent this series, even less habe material for his own moveset.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I love the idea for the side-B, but would hope that you'd have to time a second press for the punch in order to actually hit it. Basically, I'd kill for their gimmick (since a lot of the newcomers this time seem to have one) be rhythm or proper timing in their attacks.

RandomNickname

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flori2000
I love the idea for the side-B, but would hope that you'd have to time a second press for the punch in order to actually hit it. Basically, I'd kill for their gimmick (since a lot of the newcomers this time seem to have one) be rhythm or proper timing in their attacks.
That's actually an idea I also considered, and then maybe the secondary custom Specials don't rely on Rhythm and deal less damage and the thirs custom Specials rely heavily on Rhythm and do a lot of damage. I didn't really think it would work in a hesitated situation where you'd have to think fast though.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Count me in just for the sake of having a RH representative. I don't want the Chorus kids specifically, I'd love to have a general representative that transforms to another character for each of hid moves. Something like that:
stuff
Those are some really interesting concept ideas! I haven't even considered custom specials.. the RH rep could definitely have some completely unique moves in a similar fashion to Palutena to add even more Rhythm Heaven minigame representation with the plethora of options. Your Launch Party idea has to be my favorite. Even if it's not specifically for the Chorus Kids, I can add your moveset ideas to the OP if you'd like.

In regards to the concept; in my personal opinion I think the Chorus Kids or Marshal would be fine representatives of the franchise as a whole. They're simple, cute, iconic, and overall just great neutral characters as opposed to someone like Karate Joe who wouldn't be as fitting smacking people around with a tambourine or golf club. I also choose Chorus Kids over Marshal because of the trio factor, allowing for more references to the "repeat after the other two" minigames. also bowties

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
It would be so cool and original if the attacks required to keep with a rhythm to do attacks stronger or successfully together. So just like in the trailer, when they attack like that you could keep with a beat when they hit to complete the attack

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I see CK as being kinda like Pacman in that they don't just rep their own stuff, but the game as a whole (or Namco as a whole, in Pacman's case), so I definitely like pulling in ideas from other minigames.

That's actually an idea I also considered, and then maybe the secondary custom Specials don't rely on Rhythm and deal less damage and the thirs custom Specials rely heavily on Rhythm and do a lot of damage. I didn't really think it would work in a hesitated situation where you'd have to think fast though.
That makes sense, but maybe the normal attacks, such as their jab. Sure, just hitting the button a lot would do nicely, but if you timed it properly, maybe each successive hit (up to three, of course) could do more damage or have more knockback, so it wouldn't be an automatic 'rhythm is better.' You'd have to decide between keeping them close enough for a combo with an untimed hit, or launching someone with a timed one.

Pre-emptive :4greninja: by Creativion, who said basically everything I wanted to except more concise and less rambly.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Those are some really interesting concept ideas! I haven't even considered custom specials.. the RH rep could definitely have some completely unique moves in a similar fashion to Palutena to add even more Rhythm Heaven minigame representation with the plethora of options. Your Launch Party idea has to be my favorite. Even if it's not specifically for the Chorus Kids, I can add your moveset ideas to the OP if you'd like.

In regards to the concept; in my personal opinion I think the Chorus Kids or Marshal would be fine representatives of the franchise as a whole. They're simple, cute, iconic, and overall just great neutral characters as opposed to someone like Karate Joe who wouldn't be as fitting smacking people around with a tambourine or golf club. I also choose Chorus Kids over Marshal because of the trio factor, allowing for more references to the "repeat after the other two" minigames. also bowties
Honestly, if I was given the choice of adding a new Rhythm Heaven character, I would be tempted like all hell to say Wrestler and Reporter. I would have to have their character models pried from my cold, moribund hands if I was given that chance.

And yet I must concede that that's almost entirely down to their design. It's times like this that I'm glad that Sakurai is in charge of these games and not I, because I am well aware that the man knows what he's doing. As much as I do love the concept of smacking somebody upside the head with sound waves and then belting them with a follow-up from a German suplex, that's total bias on my part, and it doesn't have any contribution towards their actual merit as potential fighting game characters.

For better or for worse, the Chorus Kids really do strike me as the perfect Rhythm Heaven characters to represent and stand in for such a series: they're cute, quirky, bizarre and have the potential to do whatever best represents the series. Be it whacking their opponent with a tambourine, smacking them upside the head with a golf club, releasing super-powered musical notes, dancing an adorably devastating polka and so on and so forth, they're simple and impartial enough to pull it off. They're pretty much the Mr Game & Watch or Wii Fit Trainer of the series: a non-specific avatar that can be used as a tabula rasa for pretty much anything you want.

tl;dr - Love them or hate them, the Kids are arguably the best choice to represent Rhythm Heaven in Smash.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
It's been a long time since this thread has seen some action, so let's bring the chorus back together in 2015!

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Are there any new supporters here who recently played RH for the first time?
I'd like to hear some thoughts on the experience.
I would love to hear about this as well! I've actually seen quite a few people getting into Rhythm Heaven solely because of the initial plausibility of the Chorus Kids being playable.

Also - Happy New Years, my fellow choir! May 2015 bring good things for Rhythm Heaven and us~

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
You know, I think it'd be cool to see a Rhythm Heaven game happen for the 3DS or Wii U this year. I think a lot of people could get into it with talk of the Chorus Kids.

And of course, Happy New Year, everyone!

ElesaOmari

Smash Rookie
If the chorus kids did join, I think that'd be amazing! I support all the way. We need more characters like this!~
Happy New year! Maybe they'll think about more characters for the game this time around!

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
You know, I think it'd be cool to see a Rhythm Heaven game happen for the 3DS or Wii U this year. I think a lot of people could get into it with talk of the Chorus Kids.

And of course, Happy New Year, everyone!
To be honest, I'd absolutely love to see a Rhythm Heaven U over a 3DS version.. It could utilize the gamepad to incorporate different types of minigames; touch, button, motion control, etc. Oh, and I have to wonder if they'll have returning minigames from Rhythm Heaven DS like they did with the GBA minigames in Fever.. Glee Club please. ;u;

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Happy belated new year everyone! Time for some Chorus Kids!

To be honest, I'd absolutely love to see a Rhythm Heaven U over a 3DS version.. It could utilize the gamepad to incorporate different types of minigames; touch, button, motion control, etc. Oh, and I have to wonder if they'll have returning minigames from Rhythm Heaven DS like they did with the GBA minigames in Fever.. Glee Club please. ;u;
Maybe they can have it work like how Gamer did in Game 'n Wario with the Chorus Kids singing on the main screen and the gamepad you're watching out for audience members getting cranky... Something along the lines of that.

And by the way, I found some Rhythm Heaven merchandise on the internet. There's T-shirts and hoodies (but sadly not of Chorus Kids, I guess you could always get the pillow or the stickers though.) :)

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Happy belated new year everyone! Time for some Chorus Kids!

Maybe they can have it work like how Gamer did in Game 'n Wario with the Chorus Kids singing on the main screen and the gamepad you're watching out for audience members getting cranky... Something along the lines of that.

And by the way, I found some Rhythm Heaven merchandise on the internet. There's T-shirts and hoodies (but sadly not of Chorus Kids, I guess you could always get the pillow or the stickers though.) :)

omg

I would pay good money for a Chorus Kids pillow.. and sleep on it forever and ever.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It makes me pretty sad to even now, personally view these guys as implausible, due to IC issues.
I don't even think the ICs are out, but somehow I don't see how these three guys could work with 8player smash.
Unless they never desynced- but I truly believe they were in development now, and were scrapped.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I still like the idea of them being a single 'unit' with three models, assuming that it was the idea of having (up to) 8 AI Nana running around that caused the Icies to get dropped.

If it was an issue with having (up to) 16 player models at the same time... Well, hopefully the CK models would be simple enough as to not cause that to be an issue.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Do we know if Sakurai and the team couldn't include the Ice Climbers because of technical limits? I'd heard a bunch of times from people that they got cut because of the "3DS' limitations," but on the other hand, I'd also heard that they could have implemented them without any actual problems on both versions. Sorry, I'm just a bit confused.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
OHMYGODOHMYGODHELP

I'M SO HYPED RIGHT NOW I CAN'T EVEN CONTAIN MYSELF HEEELP I'VE ALWAYS WANTED A TRILOGY PLUS NEW GAMES OH LORDY

THEY EVEN FEATURED THE CHORUS KIDS IN THE PREVIEW. HELP ME. THIS MAKES UP FOR EVERYTHING.

HOW 'BOUT THAT RHYTHM HEAVEN DLC REP NOW HUH

(also sorry about the super informal post, I'm not even home and I'M SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED HELP ;A; )

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Chorus Kids confirmed? :troll:

But in all seriousness, I hope this game is localized next year since Fever and the DS versions were my favorites.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
at last a new one, old games and new looks great

to bad it wasnt in the other versions of the direct i feel left out

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
30 new games. (For the record, Fever had 27. Unless sequels and remixes are counted as part of the 30)

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
There's 30 new mini games if you watched the video.
Thanks. I watched the video, I just couldn't read the Japanese.

That's exciting to hear though! I'm looking forward to some new catchy music and charming characters!

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
you know i seem to recall some of you were worried chorus kids wouldnt be in the next rhythm paradise

even our buddy wrestler is in all i need now is the hue birds and the cheer readers

overall the cast of characters is getting more weird and awesome

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I wonder if the 30 new minigames includes the new remixes and sequels.

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
This is absolutely perfect!
IT ACCURATELY DEPICTS ME RIGHT ABOUT NOW.

okay i think i'm calm

Where do I even begin? The fact that they're bringing back old favorites of the past games is just incredible.. Glee Club, Lockstep, GBA Karate Joe, and Ringside all in the same game? I can't even... Oh, and I'm loving the updated art style too! It seems as if they're going to implement some 3D aspects into the visuals while still keeping the 2D characters. I'm extremely excited to see more of the new minigames and the hilarious and creative ideas the team comes up with!

you know i seem to recall some of you were worried chorus kids wouldnt be in the next rhythm paradise

even our buddy wrestler is in all i need now is the hue birds and the cheer readers

overall the cast of characters is getting more weird and awesome
I KNEW THEY'D BRING BACK THE CHORUS KIDS! I had no doubts, especially considering both the 3DS and Wii U utilize the touch screen. The Wrestler returning is amazing aswell! How could they leave iconic characters like those out? I just CANNOT wait for more information on the new and returning minigames.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Funny that I watched the direct live and didn't even know until eight hours after that a new Rhythm Heaven was announced.
It was phenomenal.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Remember when Sakurai said that the Ice Climbers didn't join the roster because they couldn't not go through 3DS limitations and most importantly had no upcoming game? Chorus Kids do. This is probably a significant increase in chances for them now!

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I was outraged at that RH news at first, since I have doubts it'll be localized, but after 40 minutes I remembered I have a Japan region 3DS anyway :troll:

Hopefully it plays a factor in RH rep finally happening.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Do we know how well RH and RH Fever did? If nothing else, I could see it the new 3DS game getting an eshop-only release, just gotta make sure that Nintendo knows it's wanted over here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom