• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
So I uh, played my first Rhythm Heaven game after this thread was closed, and I gotta say, the Chorus Kids have really grown on me.

I fully support them for DLC!

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Holy second chances, Batman!
Heck yeah! It isn't over until the fat lady- er, the Chorus Kid sings!

So, how does everyone feel about the Wii U connectivity leak? Mewtwo is downloadable when connecting both versions just as the leak specified, and despite Ridley being confirmed as a stage boss, I feel as if there is still a glint of hope.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721

So, how does everyone feel about the Wii U connectivity leak? Mewtwo is downloadable when connecting both versions just as the leak specified, and despite Ridley being confirmed as a stage boss, I feel as if there is still a glint of hope.
To be fair, unless there's more to that leak, he did only specify that his source had seen 'moving models' of Ridley (and the rest), not that he'd be playable. Definitely a glimmer of hope, though, especially if CK don't steal the Icies' gimmick of a player-worthy AI (for lack of a better way of putting it) and just have multiple models that act as one 'unit,' so to speak.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I haven't completed my moveset idea for them yet, but I'd love for their Down Special to be Crop Step, where if you hit it in rhythm it hits for more damage. One Kid throws the foe behind him, press it again, the other Kid throws him, press it again, the third one does the most damaging throw.

Essentially, it'd be a rhythmic command grab of sorts. I thought it'd be neat. :p

chronomantic

Smash Ace
I want to believe.

Man, but if it comes down to getting new characters by having the two games then that will be tricky. I don't even have a Wii U :ohwell: EDIT: oh so I can actually pay to get a character. That's good.

Good news nonetheless.

Last edited:

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
I haven't come on this thread before, but dang! I've really wanted the Chorus Kids in and just got the ds game a week or so ago. I need the Chorus Kids. DLC!!!!

Edit: I always type haven't as havn't:p

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Character Support Threads are my favorite part of a new Smash game (or any kind of 'mascot' game, really). There's nothing quite like seeing all of the genuine fans of [Obscure Character] get together and put some really neat concepts out for movesets and all that.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

The connectivity thing is not part of the leak, though, it is just speculation. Read the following messages in the thread and you will see another post by SpainKiller. Anyways, I am still hoping what he said is true, even though "moving models" could mean a few different things Chorus Kids and Dixie. Hopefully it means they are DLC characters, but seeing how they are still working on Mewtwo and seeing how much time they apparently need to finish it, I don't know if they had moving models of CK and Dixie back when SpainKiller posted that... I am trying to stay positive, though. :D

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I remember when RH came with my DSi. One of the most nostalgic things about it was when I just couldn't beat Glee Club (I sucked. :p), and eventually my cousin beat it for me. That's part of why they're awkwardly my preferred Rhythm Heaven rep. :p

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i actually got a copy of rhythm paradise on the ds after the threads died down a wee while ago and i love these guys even more now

so i really hope they are

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I haven't completed my moveset idea for them yet, but I'd love for their Down Special to be Crop Step, where if you hit it in rhythm it hits for more damage. One Kid throws the foe behind him, press it again, the other Kid throws him, press it again, the third one does the most damaging throw.

Essentially, it'd be a rhythmic command grab of sorts. I thought it'd be neat. :p
So Basically how Harmo knight plays? also have you thought about them being like Pac-Man as they take different aspects of Their History? Since Mewtwo is playable the Trophy Debate is dead (YES PLEASE LUCAS BE DLC!.....) which opens up lots of characters who have trophies to perhaps be playable now so I'm really excited about the possibilities of DLC.

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
The thread is back up?! I guess I'm late for the celebration party! :)

Just wait for them to be patched in the 3DS, all I can say were inevitably closer to them being playable.
I believe if there's some coding relating to any character in the 3DS version, there might be something big for them in the WiiU version. The sound files in the 3DS version of the game talking about 8-player smash and tourneys were actually talking about those modes in the WiiU version. If the Chorus Kids are in the coding, I have a feeling that (if assist trophies are different in both games) they'll either be an assist trophy or DLC.

Solar Crimson

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolarCrimson
3DS FC
1504-6082-4629

I feel that you may have misinterpreted that. Mewtwo isn't available by linking both versions together. He's available as free DLC for people who bought both versions and (more than likely) registered them both with Club Nintendo. For everyone else, Mewtwo will have to be paid for.

That said, I'm not opposed to the Chorus Kids being DLC. They'd probably have to be done differently so that the same problems that kept the Ice Climbers out don't arise with them.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I feel that you may have misinterpreted that. Mewtwo isn't available by linking both versions together. He's available as free DLC for people who bought both versions and (more than likely) registered them both with Club Nintendo. For everyone else, Mewtwo will have to be paid for.
Well, the Direct didn't really specify what exactly the method of accessing the download will be, though I'd imagine linking both versions would grant you permission to do so once Nintendo releases the update with Mewtwo. In addition, the fact that the text "A Challenger Approaches!" was found to be included in the index of text that is suppose to appear on the Wii U connectivity menu for the 3DS version also lends credence to this. Source of the text dump.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So Louie's been gone for a long time. Anyone want me to update the OP to reflect the DLC movement?

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
At first I was like "Chorus Kids? No. That's just dumb."
But now I'm like "Eh why not? Chorus Kids for DLC"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think there's a benefit of having lots of support though. He likely doesn't think the general public are "aware" of the Chorus Kids being likely planned (they aren't; the average consumer knows nothing of Gematsu). Hence, he may not be immediately motivated to add the Kids. If we make ourselves known, who knows? More the merrier.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I think there's a benefit of having lots of support though. He likely doesn't think the general public are "aware" of the Chorus Kids being likely planned (they aren't; the average consumer knows nothing of Gematsu). Hence, he may not be immediately motivated to add the Kids. If we make ourselves known, who knows? More the merrier.
I agree. Heck, look at @ Arcadenik Arcadenik sticking by Duck Hunt Dog for all those years. Evidently, his efforts to build a fanbase and to let the potential of DHD be known had an influence on Sakurai. It's a prime example of what hardcore fan devotion can really do. (which is also likely why we got Mewtwo back)

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I've never visited a character support thread before, and I'm getting a different kind of vibe here. But I like it.

Now I'm okay with how the roster is, personally, but of the rumored newcomers who didn't get in initially, I wanted the Chorus Kids to make it in the most. So I guess you guys have my support.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
You don't think so? Surely he had an impact on the fanbase, which led to some kind of acknowledgement..

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Arcadenik is actually my go-to example of why you should never give up on a character. Dude stuck out all of the trolling and being laughed at that comes with being a DH supporter for, like, 12 years and it finally paid off. I think the best thing any support group can do is raise awareness, get people talking about the character(s) they want in, and keep it up even when new games aren't being announced.

Don't spam everyone with 'HEY GUYS X CHARACTER SHOULD BE IN BECAUSE REASONS,' but just keep it fresh in everyone's mind. The more people talk about X Character, the bigger chance that someone important's gonna notice.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And I mean honestly, some fanbases have fans that go a bit overboard. As a mod, I know that firsthand. That being said, I honestly believe that over all, the Chorus Kids supporters are among the most agreeable and over all nice fanbases there are. Thanks for that, guys. :D

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Arcadenik is actually my go-to example of why you should never give up on a character. Dude stuck out all of the trolling and being laughed at that comes with being a DH supporter for, like, 12 years and it finally paid off. I think the best thing any support group can do is raise awareness, get people talking about the character(s) they want in, and keep it up even when new games aren't being announced.

Don't spam everyone with 'HEY GUYS X CHARACTER SHOULD BE IN BECAUSE REASONS,' but just keep it fresh in everyone's mind. The more people talk about X Character, the bigger chance that someone important's gonna notice.
I feel that if fans could come up with an unique concept that's feasible enough to work in Smash and sell that concept to Sakurai, maybe it might hold Sakurai's interest long enough for Sakurai to visualize the character "dancing" in his mind.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Chorus Kids for DLC, huh? That kind of depends on quite a few variables. Assuming that they were, in fact, considered for being made playable, as the likely-outdated Gematsu leak stated, then there is definitely the possibility that Sakurai may revisit the idea for DLC. However, it does raise the question of why the Chorus Kids weren't in the final roster to begin with. As I'm sure many of you have already concluded as well, I think the most likely reason for their exclusion is the fact that they are a trio of characters, and thus may have presented the same technical problems that resulted in the removal of the Ice Climbers. Going off of that, for the Chorus Kids to be DLC, Sakurai would have to think that it's worth the effort to include them on the roster, as well as overcome any technical issues they may have caused, which in itself may prove to be a daunting task.

All that considered, I'm not sure if the Chorus Kids are the most likely DLC candidates... Just my thoughts on the matter.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I must say, I really hope Louie's doing alright.

And, I do agree with False Sense. I don't view them as very likely DLC candidates as well.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I feel that if fans could come up with an unique concept that's feasible enough to work in Smash and sell that concept to Sakurai, maybe it might hold Sakurai's interest long enough for Sakurai to visualize the character "dancing" in his mind.
I'm still about half-convinced that your moveset tweet to Sakurai is one of the reasons that DH is in the game.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Haha, I appreciate the support. cx

If Louie doesn't show anytime soon, (I honestly hope he's well and returns soon, he was just as dedicated as me) I'm always up for the job, if ever necessary. I'll certainly be supporting the Kids to the very end.

I'm still about half-convinced that your moveset tweet to Sakurai is one of the reasons that DH is in the game.
I feel the same way. At the very least, there must've been some slight form of influence.. Duck Hunt was the absolute last series I thought they'd dig up for playable representation.

Top Bottom