• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Don't forget, the RH team included a cameo of the Chorus Kids in Warioware U (a moderately recent game), so they could very well reference them again in the next Rhythm Heaven installment to keep 'em relevant. They are very iconic to the series, after all. Perhaps Glee Club could even be remade if Rhythm Heaven U were to be a thing, much like how Fever included remakes of GBA minigames.

In regards to DLC.. Honestly, as I iterated before, I really do think the Kids were considered or in development. If 3DS limitations truly were the reasons behind their exclusion in the release build, DLC would definitely be an ideal way to release them given the extra development time. It would really make quite a bit of sense to have a character patch coinciding with the Wii U version for numerous reasons.

Here's an interesting post I saw on Reddit that brings up some valid points for DLC.

From this point forward, I'm going to continue with an open mind and await the final nail in the coffin when the Wii U version releases.

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
So'm watching the Treehouse stream, and they're playing a game of Smash Run.

First event? Sneaky Spirit Fest.

The bloody game is taunting us.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So'm watching the Treehouse stream, and they're playing a game of Smash Run.

First event? Sneaky Spirit Fest.

The bloody game is taunting us.
I'm not sure if that's actual taunting so much as it's fans perceiving that as taunting.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Don't forget, the RH team included a cameo of the Chorus Kids in Warioware U (a moderately recent game)
Rhythm Heaven stuff has always made cameos in other Rhythm Heaven games and WarioWare games, this isn't an exclusive trait to the chorus men. It does show the characters the dev team likes though, but basically every likely/often considered rhythm heaven character and then some (Like the hairy veggies) has made cameos in the newer rhythm heavens or a warioware game.

Also the smash run even sounds glorious.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I'd be up for a musical combo character. It would just be like Mother 3 but w/o psychics or machines!

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
I don't think we've ever really mentioned it (although I'm probably wrong), but speaking of stages...

What would be a good stage to show what RH is all about?
I imagine a stage that's kinda like the Warioware stage in a sense that it switches to different minigames with different hazards and maybe, like the Warioware stage, can have mission objections.

Rhythm Heaven stuff has always made cameos in other Rhythm Heaven games and WarioWare games, this isn't an exclusive trait to the chorus men. It does show the characters the dev team likes though, but basically every likely/often considered rhythm heaven character and then some (Like the hairy veggies) has made cameos in the newer rhythm heavens or a warioware game.

Also the smash run even sounds glorious.
Did anyone find any RH related music yet? It would make the already fantastic soundtrack even better.

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Hm, have CDs or unlockable songs been confirmed yet, or is the entire soundtrack available from the sound menu?
I don't know. I looked around a bit on Google and nothing comes up about it. Though, I have a feeling that they've returned.

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936

I.. would've never thought the sight of a trophy of such silly characters would bring me this much sadness.. I actually came to truly love the idea of the Chorus Kids after all these months, ever since the fateful day of the Gematsu character list that got me back into Rhythm Heaven and allowed me to meet other passionate supporters.. Well, it's been quite the honor everyone. To think that something that seemed so plausible and perfect was just simply.. fabricated.

..at least it's a nice trophy..

R.I.P. Chorus Kids...

;~;

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Well ****.

Best case scenario, trophies have crap all t'do with any potential DLC and we get some dudes even if they're not these guys. (Super-best case scenario would be that, except us getting these guys.)

Worst case, they're not in yet. But! We shouldn't stop supporting them, we shouldn't stop coming out every Smash game, just like every other fanbase, and hoping they're in. If nothing else, look at Arcadenik. He supported Duck Hunt for 12 years before it happened, and he never gave up.

I still fully believe the Kids will get their shot, even if it isn't this time around.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Well ****.

Best case scenario, trophies have crap all t'do with any potential DLC and we get some dudes even if they're not these guys. (Super-best case scenario would be that, except us getting these guys.)

Worst case, they're not in yet. But! We shouldn't stop supporting them, we shouldn't stop coming out every Smash game, just like every other fanbase, and hoping they're in. If nothing else, look at Arcadenik. He supported Duck Hunt for 12 years before it happened, and he never gave up.

I still fully believe the Kids will get their shot, even if it isn't this time around.
You're right. Rhythm Heaven actually getting acknowledgement in this Smash is definitely a great start! Maybe one day, it'll eventually be popularized enough to finally receive the representative it deserves. Perhaps there are even still chances for DLC to be reserved for more obscure characters.

But, regardless..

Long live the Chorus Kids, Karate Joe, Rhythm Girl, and everyone else!

As long as they're not an assist trophy or stage hazard, they can still be playable DLC.

According to another poster, this is meant to be a reliable source

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=129524882&postcount=14153
This too. They could always go the Melee route and have separate trophies for the actual playable characters. (For example, Mario had multiple trophies; some of which were based on his Smash bio, while some on his appearance in actual Mario games)

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Sorry if this has been discussed (just got out from avoiding secret characters til I unlocked them), are Rhythm Heaven and Ice Climber still the only 2 series that have Smash Run enemies without a playable character?

Anyway, whether they manage to get in some way or not...I do have to say I wouldn't have gotten into Rhythm Heaven without the leaks. So I guess its not that bad, since others seem to have too.

Last edited:

Gombukelp

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised of some of the initial reactions in this thread upon the sight of that trophy. So what if they have trophy in the game? How does that garauntee 100% that they are not in? If there really is character DLC which I believe there is, what tells us that this single trophy would disconfirm them completely? That's right. Nothing. DLC is a whole new concept that has never been used in a Smash game before. It could go either way.

I've read a few solid counter arguments afterwards against them being out though. That is what I like to see. Let us just keep doing what we do until the release of the Wii U version. Stay strong :)

Anyways, do you guys now if there is a way we can get the translation for the trophy?

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Welp. Confirmation they're gone. Oh well. Maybe Smash 5 will be kinder to them...

Here is the Evidence:
https://twitter.com/Cobanermani456/status/510166416939827200/photo/1
I'm Sorry But The Who The Hell would be dumb enough to Try and leak these guys when we already have a trophy of them? makes no sense, Plus The Journalist who reports this has had lots of people saying he is a trustworthy source; It would be stupid to be Given such a tarnished reputation all for 15 seconds of Fame. The Sakurai Thought Process Is very Baffling here I mean make Trophies of Mewtwo And Chorus Men to throw people off that they are playable?.....WHICH IS EXCATLY WHY IT MAKES SO MUCH ****ING SENSE!Sakurai Is a Master Troll I could easily see him doing this plus You Know In order to get these characters you have to link the versions could give Nintendo Huge Profit Hell, I'd even call that a genius Business Move

Last edited:

Chase

Smash Ace
Sorry, guys. Good luck for Smash 5 with these guys, sad not to see them.

Gombukelp

Smash Apprentice
People give up hope way to easily. Sakurai frequently throws curve balls and/or teases his fans like this. We all know this, people! It ain't over yet. Just have patience.

This reddit post is pretty accurate to what i'm thinking right now. It has very valid points. Read it: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2g53o8/do_people_really_think_that_sakurai_would_let_the/

I do not believe that this is the complete roster. Sakurai is going to have to do very big things just before the release of the Wii U version so hype doesn't die down now that the 3ds version is out. There is room for him to do a lot here content wise in order for marketing to go well.

If this isn't the case people are welcome to tell me, "I told you so." But i'm not accepting anything just yet.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Honestly, I'm just trying not to set myself up for disappointment again.

However, I'm not willing to lose hope just yet, you guys have brought up many valid points. Thinking it over, being trophies doesn't exactly rule them out. Had Sakurai just left the Chorus Kids, Mewtwo, Ridley, and Dixie trophies out, suspicions would be raised and it'd pretty obvious that they would be included as characters in some way, effectively ruining the surprise. (and we all know how much he loves his surprises :troll:) Plus, we've had multiple trophies of the same character from different games before; perhaps the Kids will get a Smash Bros. one with their new models while still having the trophy that originates from their game.

There's no way Sakurai would let the hype die down for the arguably more definitive version of the game, and what better way to promote it than to save two of the most requested (and teased) characters, along with two other surprise characters? It just makes a little too much sense on a marketing standpoint if you ask me. (and trust me, they are well aware of what the Smash fanbase wants)

For now, I'm going to hang on to the idea of Wii U connectivity characters. If those four characters from the "leak" get in, Sakurai is free to drop the mic and bestowed the title of Master Troll. (yet at the same time, an absolute genius)

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Sorry if this has been discussed (just got out from avoiding secret characters til I unlocked them), are Rhythm Heaven and Ice Climber still the only 2 series that have Smash Run enemies without a playable character?
Yep. This leads me even further to believe that they were at least planned at some point, if not already intended for DLC/Wii U connectivity unlockables.

chronomantic

Smash Ace

Anyway, whether they manage to get in some way or not...I do have to say I wouldn't have gotten into Rhythm Heaven without the leaks. So I guess its not that bad, since others seem to have too.
Sneaky Spirit is listed as a 'bonus enemy' in Smash Run.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Honestly, I'm just trying not to set myself up for disappointment again.

However, I'm not willing to lose hope just yet, you guys have brought up many valid points. Thinking it over, being trophies doesn't exactly rule them out. Had Sakurai just left the Chorus Kids, Mewtwo, Ridley, and Dixie trophies out, suspicions would be raised and it'd pretty obvious that they would be included as characters in some way, effectively ruining the surprise. (and we all know how much he loves his surprises :troll:) Plus, we've had multiple trophies of the same character from different games before; perhaps the Kids will get a Smash Bros. one with their new models while still having the trophy that originates from their game.

There's no way Sakurai would let the hype die down for the arguably more definitive version of the game, and what better way to promote it than to save two of the most requested (and teased) characters, along with two other surprise characters? It just makes a little too much sense on a marketing standpoint if you ask me. (and trust me, they are well aware of what the Smash fanbase wants)

For now, I'm going to hang on to the idea of Wii U connectivity characters. If those four characters from the "leak" get in, Sakurai is free to drop the mic and bestowed the title of Master Troll. (yet at the same time, an absolute genius)
Yeah, if there is anything Sakurai does, its surprise and have it makes sense. Leaving clues like All Star still having the padlock, or excluding the trophies, would have everyone now expecting them as playable characters. Not only that, but why have the Chorus Kids been brought up so much? Why would Gematsu bring up an unexpected, and not too requested character? It just raises too many questions.

Steelia

Smash Champion
This topic title is seriously misleading. All I see all over are disappointed people XD

Wonder what it says.
Here's the original Japanese:
コーラスメン
不思議な魅力のキャラクターの多さでいえば、「リズム天国」の右に出る作品はそんなにない。たとえば「子孫たち」「ウラおとこ」「わるもの」、ひねったのか、そのままなのか、わからない。また、「ミニ町人」「ラブさん」「トランとポリン」、かわいい、なんていうか、とてもかわいい。そんな中から今回、「コーラスメン」をどうぞ。

Unfortunately, I have no idea what it's talking about, so I can't translate it properly :( Something about "Offspring", "Bad Guys", "Mini Townspeople", "Mr. Love"... Yeah, I dunno. Minigames or something?

Top Bottom