• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Well they're not in (I figured as much since the ESRB leak was confirmed). It's been a good speculation ride nonetheless :b:

I want to play the game real bad now.

spd12

Smash Cadet
NNID
PinkDodecahedron
3DS FC
0104-0418-0459
All we had was speculation from the seemingly spot-on (at the time) Gematsu stuff, and them Sneaky Spirits! But it's always fun to entertain any reasonable possibility.

It's all good. Looking forward to playing the game!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's been a good ride, guys. Let's hope for DLC!

Downloadable Choir. :)

Gombukelp

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I'll wait for the Wii U version before I accept their exclusion completely. There is a big gap between the two releases and anything could be revealed or saved for the release of the Wii U version. I'm sure they have many other things up their sleeves that they are going to surprise us with to maintain the hype for winter. It would make sense. Considering what Nintendo did with Mario Kart 8 DLC is very likely.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Dont give up hope yet!!!

Based on the Wii U/ 3DS transfer rumor

Wii U: Chorus Men, Ridley, Dixie and Mewtwo.
3DS: DHD, Bowser Jr, Dark Pit, Dr Mario

They actually fit into the 3DS roster nicely.

http://i.imgur.com/PliZwku.png

and can support DLC nicely.

http://i.imgur.com/JajAywn.png

Next, none of the above newcomers have trailers revealed. Its possible none of these characters have trailers at all, as they are version exclusives.This would explain a lot in this sense.

Nintendo needs incentives to sell both games. They do this often, with games like Pokemon series. Having unlockable characters by owning both versions is one of the best ways to push both games. Especially when they need to push sales on the Wii U. It would actually make less sense to not include a feature like this from a marketing standpoint.

We have not seen trophies of either of the 4 Wii U characters yet. I know Karate Joe doesnt have a symbol, but the series symbols are overlayed behind the text, and this can be an easy fix with a future patch. For that matter, the polar bear does't have a symbol, yet many believe ICs are a strong candidate for DLC. If you belief they can be DLC, then you'd have to believe having no symbol now means nothing at the moment.

For this to be true, Gematsu would have to be true. Gematsu failed to account for the 3DS exclusive characters. Its very possible the leaker only had inside information with the Wii U version's marketing.

Then we have the /v/ leaker, who claimed these characters are in the game. Please refer to this thread for more details. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/70028141

Lastly....if this is true, then this means the 4 characters above are indeed in the games files. While 3DS hacking is difficult, it has been done, and I'd assume it wont be long before people start digging into the games coding. We won't have to wait long to know for sure.

This user claims his source is reliable, and Neo Zero said he too heard the same from his source.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=129524882#post129524882

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I hope if that the kids are DLC (be it free, Wii U transfer silliness, or otherwise), I hope we get a metric ton of RH trophies.

In fact, I hope we get a metric ton of RH trophies anyway.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
..coming home to this really hurt. >.<

However..

Call me in denial, but I seriously do mean this: I absolutely refuse to believe that the Chorus Kids were never in development or are planned for the game. The man who claimed over 10 newcomers (many of which were incredibly implausible to guess) and only got one incorrect also claimed one of the most out of left field, seemingly impossible, characters to date. And now we have Rhythm Heaven actually represented in the game.. Who would've guessed?

As many of you have pointed out, an unlock or patch that adds characters to both games to coincide with the release of the Wii U version is a very possible thing. Honestly, I could easily see them using more characters as an opportunity to promote it/add freshness to maintain hype once the release date rolls around. (I've seen numerous people saying they don't have much incentive to buy the Wii U version seeing as how the 3DS one will already be out)

Think about it. It makes quite a bit of sense, saving some of the most requested characters for the release of the arguably more definitive version of the game that would highly benefit from promotion and incentive to purchase.

I'm not ready to accept our fate until the grand release of the Wii U version.

The Choir will live on until the end.
Dont give up hope yet!!!

Based on the Wii U/ 3DS transfer rumor

Wii U: Chorus Men, Ridley, Dixie and Mewtwo.
3DS: DHD, Bowser Jr, Dark Pit, Dr Mario

They actually fit into the 3DS roster nicely.

http://i.imgur.com/PliZwku.png

and can support DLC nicely.

http://i.imgur.com/JajAywn.png

Next, none of the above newcomers have trailers revealed. Its possible none of these characters have trailers at all, as they are version exclusives.This would explain a lot in this sense.

Nintendo needs incentives to sell both games. They do this often, with games like Pokemon series. Having unlockable characters by owning both versions is one of the best ways to push both games. Especially when they need to push sales on the Wii U. It would actually make less sense to not include a feature like this from a marketing standpoint.

We have not seen trophies of either of the 4 Wii U characters yet. I know Karate Joe doesnt have a symbol, but the series symbols are overlayed behind the text, and this can be an easy fix with a future patch. For that matter, the polar bear does't have a symbol, yet many believe ICs are a strong candidate for DLC. If you belief they can be DLC, then you'd have to believe having no symbol now means nothing at the moment.

For this to be true, Gematsu would have to be true. Gematsu failed to account for the 3DS exclusive characters. Its very possible the leaker only had inside information with the Wii U version's marketing.

Then we have the /v/ leaker, who claimed these characters are in the game. Please refer to this thread for more details. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/70028141

Lastly....if this is true, then this means the 4 characters above are indeed in the games files. While 3DS hacking is difficult, it has been done, and I'd assume it wont be long before people start digging into the games coding. We won't have to wait long to know for sure.

This user claims his source is reliable, and Neo Zero said he too heard the same from his source.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=129524882#post129524882
I couldn't have said it better. With all of that, I'm still very optimistic at this point, especially that fact that Neo Zero obliged to it aswell.

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Oh yeah, it's super obvious that CK (and probably Icies) were in at /some/ point, but had to be delayed or removed for whatever reason. I'm also not entirely believing the Wii Transfer Rumor, but I could see something special for the Wii U version's launch, like any additional on-disc characters (like those four) being free DLC for a time, or forever.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I think, if we do get more characters for the Wii U version, then I'm positive they're in.

For now, I'll enjoy the current characters. Even if we don't get Chorus Kids, I'd be happy enough with a Rhythm Heaven stage on Wii U!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
What a strange history the Chorus Men have.

Hardly even considered as a possibility one minute, brought into attention and deemed as a shoo-in the next due to a leak, and then ultimately not on the final roster...

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
What a strange history the Chorus Men have.

Hardly even considered as a possibility one minute, brought into attention and deemed as a shoo-in the next due to a leak, and then ultimately not on the final roster...
It's been one heck of a wild and dramatic ride, that's for sure..

Regardless, I'm still optimistic about the whole Wii U connectivity unlockable thing. That, or DLC in some form.

73V3N

Smash Rookie
The final roster was hard to look at without my favorite singing trio there among other characters. I just want to say to you guys that you should stick with Chorus kids. Don't give up hope, because DLC is always a possibility and than, IMO, would be the perfect opportunity for Sakurai to include the Chorus kids. If not, well that'd just suck.

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Hmm, I'll wait for the Wii U version before I accept their exclusion completely. There is a big gap between the two releases and anything could be revealed or saved for the release of the Wii U version. I'm sure they have many other things up their sleeves that they are going to surprise us with to maintain the hype for winter. It would make sense. Considering what Nintendo did with Mario Kart 8 DLC is very likely.
Totally agree, I won't completely believe it until WiiU version is out. If they're not in it, I'll have to face the facts and accept that they're probably not in the game.

It's been fun knowing you guys, even if I hardly posted. I still believe that they deserve a roster spot, their series is very popular in Japan and the Chorus Kids just have the charm that no other rhythm heaven representative can capture.

I'm still going to be routing for these guys though. :)

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I guess the only thing to do now is to see the extent of RH content in Smash. I'm hoping for some songs in there, maybe some other enemies.

Ah well. At least I got two really enjoyable games out of my pre-Smash hype. Time to gold medal everything...

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
I guess the only thing to do now is to see the extent of RH content in Smash. I'm hoping for some songs in there, maybe some other enemies.

Ah well. At least I got two really enjoyable games out of my pre-Smash hype. Time to gold medal everything...
Wait, according to the leak, wasn't there suppose to be a RH stage on the 3DS version?

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I don't think we've ever really mentioned it (although I'm probably wrong), but speaking of stages...

What would be a good stage to show what RH is all about?

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
After coming home from school and hearing the news of the final roster, I was very disappointed.
However like @ Jigglystep Jigglystep said, I'm sure these guys if not in the game in some form, they were considered. (I mean come on, the most I seen people get correct for their predictions were about three slots, Gematsu had the majority of his correct. So I believe he had outdated info, but that's a topic for another time.)
However let's hope for DLC and even though it would irk me if the rumor is true, I would be ecstatic that the choir finally joins the battle!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well gematsu may have inadvertently crated a new very popular character for next time round

that assuming all the theories about how they may yet be in it are wrong of course

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
well gematsu may have inadvertently crated a new very popular character for next time round

that assuming all the theories about how they may yet be in it are wrong of course
But by next time if more Rhythm Heaven games come out they will be even more 'outdated' in a way since they were really the stars of the DS game. I think there best chance is smash 4 DLC right now.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
But by next time if more Rhythm Heaven games come out they will be even more 'outdated' in a way since they were really the stars of the DS game. I think there best chance is smash 4 DLC right now.
unless the make a new version of their game didnt they do that with some other games? (or was it just karate man?)

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
They are going to be in as DLC, I'm sure of it, the only reason they aren't in is because of 3DS limitations like the Ice Climbers, just be patient.
Sakurai will personally install a new CPU into every 3DS on Earth if that's what it takes to bring the IC and Chorus Kids in as DLC.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
unless the make a new version of their game didnt they do that with some other games? (or was it just karate man?)
They do bring a handful back as updated minigames and rhythm toys/extra modes, but it is mostly the characters who have stuck around since the GBA days.

Top Bottom