• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amiibo Figures Available for Pre-Order!

AkashicSword

Yokai
A few hours ago, the first wave of Amiibo figures for Wii U emerged for pre-order on Amazon.com. These figures can be used with the upcoming Super Smash Bros. for Wii U along with other titles, such as Mario Kart 8. The recently announced New 3DS is also Amiibo compatible, meaning portable games may see Amiibo use in the future as well. The price for an individual figure is $12.99 USD. The initial wave of Ammibo figures include the following twelve combatants.

1. Mario
  2. Peach
  3. Donkey Kong
  4. Fox
  5. Kirby
  6. Link
  7. Marth
  8. Pikachu
  9. Samus
  10. Villager
  11. Yoshi
  12. Wii Fit Trainer
Not only are the individual prices for Amiibo figures realtively affordable, they look incredibly awesome. You can invest your hard earned money here.

"Warning: Wave Shine skill not included."

In the item description, Amazon notes that: "Additional amiibo characters and compatible games are coming soon." Also, the item description makes a point to say that the figures are for Wii U, raising questions in regards to how Amiibos will function on the New 3DS for Smash 3DS.

The product is scheduled to release on December 31st of this year, which is likely a placeholder date for it's actual release. What fighters do you think deserve Amiibos? Do you think every fighter will have one? Discuss below.

AkashicSword may just buy a few of these newfangled toys to enhance his gameplay experience. Join him in figuring out which ones he should buy @AkashicGaming.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
If only these came with special unlockable alt costumes to warrant me purchasing one...

If Ganon came with a Hyrule Warriors costumes id buy that in a heart beat.

Otherwise i ain't interested in these figurines.

Last edited:

Globe

I only care for waifus
Alright lets see
13 bucks each the next Smash has like 40+ characters times that by that and add tax = no Christmas gifts for the family.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I think Sakurai said it best, it is best that you only collect the figures of the character you will use the most. Which I will.

Right now, it seems only Pikachu is available out of my mains though.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Gonna be getting them all eventually. Might as well start with my mains

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
they're good figures but $13 each to collect them all is a little rough...
I agree, and just calling something "relatively affordable" more than once doesn't make it so. Depending on the features, I could see maybe owning one as a general collectible for that specific series, but getting all of them? That's already more than $150.00.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
All of the first wave will be $156 in total.

That's not that bad for me, since I have a big family and Christmas is a thing.

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
$13 is a little harsh but, I will wait to get most of them when they get a little cheaper.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
If there's a Pac-Man one, I will get that one and that one only because that's the only one that really matters.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Wario will probably be 26 bucks cause of the amount of plastic that'll be used. Im screwed.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I've been wanting official smash bros merch since Melee, so I'll be snagging them all eventually.

...which is why I kinda hope they don't add too many more.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I wanted to collect them all but that's pretty pricey...I may get a few, meh.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
anybody else alittle confused about what these figures do? From what I understand we can store data in them, but not sure what else. Dont think ill invest in them, but they will sell like crazyy

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I will get Fox for sure, and maaaaybe link and marth, but fox is by far the best well made figure there. The simple design characters are ok too, but i'm afraid of link's face a bit and marth's overall body details. Still probably getting those 3....

But the one i want most is SHULK!!! whenever the rest of amiibos get released...

P.D.: If we store characters' data in the amiibo, OF COURSE all of them need to get an amiibo, what's the point of storing data for 12 characters and not the rest? they were already committed to do all of them since they stated the amiibo's utility ...

Last edited:

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
Hmm so what size are these cute little things? I imagine fairly small; maybe 4, 5"?
Also, is the Marth one sold out or something..? I can't order it lol

AlwaysMilk

Smash Cadet
NNID
DivineMilk
3DS FC
3668-9753-1480
Why are people planning to buy all of them. Just get the ones you want and favor the most, nothing must into it. Me of course I'm getting Peach and possibly Meta Knight. Cause I won't need to carry a lot of Amiibo around ; -;. Can't wait to Smash with you people~

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Villager for me. I don't know, if these things get knocked down in price I would consider getting more. or maybe I could just space my purchases.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Wouldn't interested in the Amiibo thing Nintendo showed at E3. If I buy them it would be for Collecting them all.
"Gotta Collect Them, Amiibo"

Mister the Wizard

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7432-3401
Wait so are these required to play the character? Like, to play Fox you HAVE to have the Amiibo figurine? Like Skylanders? If so I am going to be seriously pissed at Nintendo.

Imber

Smash Cadet
How do people still not know what amiibo is? It's seriously the coolest new feature of smash bros other than custom moves. Just look up the amiibo trailer if you don't know.

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
WHOOPS WRONG THREAD
I accidentally posted something here that was mean't for today's POTD thread. It's now there instead of here.)

Last edited:

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116
Im only getting Peach, Zelda, and Rosalina the only 3 main characters I will play as

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Lame, I was expecting them to come in sets for around this same price, but $12.99 for each is kinda ehhh.

Top Bottom