• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amazon Has Spoken: 06/15/2014

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hmm, it's just a fortnight before my birthday as well. :laugh:

But, I dunno if I should take this seriously. There is always a possibility of delays.

SlashMolder

Smash Apprentice
Don't these things end up being just being mistakes because the company put a placeholder date?
I bet Nintendo doesn't even have a release date yet and are waiting for the game to be done before they release it.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
prepare your anuses.

Seriously though, it might just be a placeholder(remember the 700$ price for PS4?)

SlashMolder

Smash Apprentice
Don't these things end up being just being mistakes because the company put a placeholder date?
I bet Nintendo doesn't even have a release date yet and are waiting for the game to be done before they release it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I NEVER use Amazon (or GameStop) for a reliable source. For me, if Nintendo themselves doesn't confirm the date, then it's not correct. I'm 99.9999% sure that's nothing more than a placeholder date.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yeah, this doesn't hold much weight.

It seems a little too early for me. It'd be awesome if that was the real date and the game was finished but it's better to expect it towards the end of 2014 and not the middle of 2014.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It might be a placeholder date, so I wouldn't trust it much.

It does seem plausible, though.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Placeholder or not, keep in mind that Nintendo doesn't show anything at E3 unless it's release date is within 18 months of the show.

EDIT: Unless it's Pikmin 3. :laugh:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wouldn't bet much on this being true, but it would be nice if it was.

BTW do they have a placeholder for the 3DS version?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Cut characters are a given. And if they're useless dudes like Toon Link, I'm fine with it.
The content will be OK, and Nintendo doesn't release games with glitches which break it.
With SO many characters that have their own moves, it really doesn't matter if like 3 are SLIGHTLY similar to others. That's just being ungrateful for what Sakurai has given you. Don't you get satisfaction from WHO is in it, and not necessarily what their moves are. I mean you might as well just ask that every character is the exact same person as long as they have different moves.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
I call bull, I especially want the game delayed

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I know what a place holder date is, and I'm inclined to believe everyone here, but I have two questions about them:
1. Why does Amazon do them if they have the ability to just not put a date?
2. Have they ever been earlier then the actual release? I've seen them be later, but I have yet to see one be earlier. Of course, I don't have a ton of experience with this sort of thing so I'd appreciate feedback.

Regardless I find the idea of finding out through Amazon instead of Nintendo to just be odd if this date is correct. If Nintendo already knew a date, why didn't they tell us during E3? Did they really figure that out just weeks after the Nintendo Direct?

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I call bull, I especially want the game delayed
I don't know, I won't draw any comparisons, but Melee was a good game, and it was rushed. Maybe being rushed isn't such a bad thing. :happysheep:

I couldn't find the troll face, so I hope this rainbow sheep is close enough.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I trust this with a grain of salt because I seen amazon wrong so many times, I actually hope it sooner I am not getting any younger

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I trust this with a grain of salt because I seen amazon wrong so many times, I actually hope it sooner I am not getting any younger
Lol this sounds like you're going to die in the next couple of years. I could wait till Christmas '14 to be honest, the trailer kinda killed my hype (maybe that was on purpose? Brawl's one was simply too good).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Geez guys... I don't think we should trust this.

Sakurai just putting "2014" shouldn't mean he'd throw the release date to Amazon.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I don't know, I won't draw any comparisons, but Melee was a good game, and it was rushed. Maybe being rushed isn't such a bad thing. :happysheep:

I couldn't find the troll face, so I hope this rainbow sheep is close enough.
The rushing of Melee DID result in some pretty terrible physics

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Most likely a meaningless placeholder date. Game stores put up placeholder dates all the time.

Top Bottom