• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alpharad Presents: Getting Better #1 - Tunnel Vision

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Youtube content creator and musician Alpharad is commonly known in the Smash scene for his comedic videos especially the How To Play Sm4sh 101 Series. In a turn from this usual humorous nature however, he has created a video that is the first in a series meant to help players get better discussing Tunnel Vision.

Hopefully this video can help players avoid falling into the trap of Tunnel Vision so they can up their games. To keep up with Alpharad's other work follow him on Twitter or check out his Youtube channel.

SmashCapps has always found Alpharad's videos to be quite hilarious, and is excited to see him extend into the realm of more serious content. Follow SmashCapps on Twitter to keep up to date with all things Smash.

Last edited:

Sidhe Sí

Smash Rookie
NNID
InfiniteAlchemy
3DS FC
3926-5917-6773
I don't think I'll ever be able to take him seriously to be honest xD

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
This video is like when your favorite teacher tries to give you a serious class, you can take her seriously.

Smasher-LTIMT

Smash Cadet
NNID
battlefront157
3DS FC
2165-7609-0420
Youtube content creator and musician Alpharad is commonly known in the Smash scene for his comedic videos especially the How To Play Sm4sh 101 Series. In a turn from this usual humorous nature however, he has created a video that is the first in a series meant to help players get better with the first in the series discussing Tunnel Vision.

Hopefully this video can help players avoid falling into the trap of Tunnel Vision so they can up their games. To keep up with Alpharad's other work follow him on Twitter or check out his Youtube channel.

SmashCapps has always found Alpharad's videos to be quite hilarious, and is excited to see him extend into the realm of more serious content. Follow SmashCapps on Twitter to keep up to date with all things Smash.
Thats cool :D I'll check this out! even tough I ain't new to Sm4sh, I ain't at the competitive tourney level yet, about half way there, so i am always looking for advice :)

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Alpharad being serious?
What is this, 21XX?
Illuminati Confirmed?

On topic: Alpharad never dissappoints me (besides Little Mac 101 :| ) with his content. I wouldn't say i focus on myself alot in game but it's probably 50/50 bewteen me and my opponent. I never really pay attention to both of us at once so this will give me something to think about next match :^) .

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Smashboards showcasing AlpharadTV videos? I'm liking this so far!

Morgan S. Court

Smash Cadet
NNID
MorganSCourt
3DS FC
0216-1002-7781
The video was certainly excellent; tunnel-vision is something a lot of new players struggle with and is something I have just began to get out of.

StriderSean

Smash Cadet
NNID
RagnarokSeraph
3DS FC
1332-8232-6969
This helps A LOT. I have noticed myself falling for tunnel vision, and have been punished. I'll see how this changes my gameplay.

Diltune

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't say Alphrad is REALLY good, but he sure does know some **** we should all be learning. My friends watch his channel, and hopefully they can learn from this and improve their gameplay so our games can come close and be fun instead of a big roll fest. >.>

Last edited:

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
I've more of a habit of watching my opponent instead of my own character, I feel that action serves me better.

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
This was not helpful i am still but at smash i tried spamming roll it wont work i dont want to adapt i want to play the game my way

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Never really had this problem. In Smash, it's about focusing on all enemies and allies. Otherwise you'd just be thrashing about without any good mindset.

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
I switch in and out of Tunnel Vision when playing as Olimar. Should I stop using it? I most likely use it to check on my Pikmin lineup and haven't been punished much on doing that. I'm usually away from the opponents when I do this or have my teammates draw their aggro. Other than that, I'll keep it mind to avoid doing this when playing as other characters.

Troyfullbuster

Smash Cadet
NNID
Troyfullbuster
Glad a popular youtuber or streamer gives smash advice like they are good because they are popular. -_- dude you aren't good

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Tunnel vision... I've found I'm more prone to it when I don't get enough sleep, because it's so much tougher to focus on things for very long. an intriguing point, but until I can repair my sleep schedule, I doubt I'll be testing this soon...

Last edited:

NxtLegend

Smash Rookie
NNID
NxtLegend
This helped me a lot because I have Tunnel Vision really bad.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
I tend to focus on MY habits first to make sure I'm not very punishable and then learn my opponents habits mid match.
If I start to be predictable, I try a different tactic. Such as faking out by jumping in with an air dodge instead of an attack with jigglypuff.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I like Alpharad's videos and all but I don't think he's qualified to be some kind of smash tutor.
He has admitted himself to not playing in very many tournaments, and unless I'm wrong (please, correct me if I'm wrong) gets his footage from for glory games where he is playing people with no skill whatsoever, some of them perhaps being 6 year old children.
This whole "don't have tunnel vision in a fighting game" is so common sense that it shouldn't need to be explained.

Until this guy has some actual good tournament results / wins under his belt I think he should stick to his funny montages of clips that he records of himself fighting scrubs on for glory.

I don't think he's qualified to give advice in the same way that someone like Zero is, even if I don't like zero, I can respect his knowledge of the game and his results.

Alpharad has by no means earned this respect simply by making funny edits of for glory gameplay vs players with no idea how to play. That's my 2 cents.

Tunnel vision... I've found I'm more prone to it when I don't get enough sleep, because it's so much tougher to focus on things for very long. an intriguing point, but until I can repair my sleep schedule, I doubt I'll be testing this soon...
No johns.

What's to "test" this is common sense. And it has nothing to do with sleeping or not sleeping... wow.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I like Alpharad's videos and all but I don't think he's qualified to be some kind of smash tutor.
He has admitted himself to not playing in very many tournaments, and unless I'm wrong (please, correct me if I'm wrong) gets his footage from for glory games where he is playing people with no skill whatsoever, some of them perhaps being 6 year old children.
This whole "don't have tunnel vision in a fighting game" is so common sense that it shouldn't need to be explained.

Until this guy has some actual good tournament results / wins under his belt I think he should stick to his funny montages of clips that he records of himself fighting scrubs on for glory.

I don't think he's qualified to give advice in the same way that someone like Zero is, even if I don't like zero, I can respect his knowledge of the game and his results.

Alpharad has by no means earned this respect simply by making funny edits of for glory gameplay vs players with no idea how to play. That's my 2 cents.

No johns.

What's to "test" this is common sense. And it has nothing to do with sleeping or not sleeping... wow.
That doesn't make the point of his video less legit.

It applies to every smash game.

Top Bottom