• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"My Friends Are My Power!" Sora Unlocks the Way! (KH 2.8 Revealed, and new KH3 info coming November)

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I think Explosion should be his DownSmash and Reflect shoud be his DownB.
His Final form should be his Final Smash but sometimes you get his Anti-form when you use it -especialy if you already have used it during the match. Using it more than 2 times almost guarantees Anti-form since the probabilty doubles each time. Getting Anti-form resets the probabilty counter back to zero ensuring you Final Form next. Or maybe you can get all his forms with a different chance for each.
Also if he gets in the game MUST have the battle theme -
Tension Rising - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pyfiN3QRjE
It's like the best battle theme evar!
What do you guyz think? Good ideas?

peeup

Smash Lord
Anybody know if anybody outside of this thread cares of Sora gets in? Like are significant amounts of people requesting him?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Anybody know if anybody outside of this thread cares of Sora gets in? Like are significant amounts of people requesting him?
Not particularly. As a SE rep he's brought up semi-frequently (mostly as a wishlist character rather than a serious prediction), but he isn't brought up nearly as much as some other third parties, mostly from other companies. Plus any KH character is really really unlikely, even compared to other SE characters, so no one is really getting their hopes up for him.

But no, Sora doesn't have a noticeable amount of support compared to other 3rd parties. At least, not a noticeable amount of serious support. There will always be people who request him no matter how poor his chances are.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
this is one of the characters that will make me buy the game just for him. but thinking logically it most likely will not happen. the 2 main stories are sony exclusive and so is birth by sleep.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
its fine as long as theres no disney character assist trophy or disney anything

D

Deleted member

Sora is owned by Disney. So if he gets in, that means a Disney character is in Smash.

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
its fine as long as theres no disney character assist trophy or disney anything
What's with the Disney hate? They own half of most people's childhood nowadays(Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel) and treat them with respect.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
explaining deeper would derail the whole thing, besides, where theres fandom, haters too.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
What's with the Disney hate? They own half of most people's childhood nowadays(Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel) and treat them with respect.
No, it's because Disney would never be in Super Smash Bros. in any shape or form. Sora and the varies original characters would be fine, but adding the Disney related content won't fly. Which is a notable problem because Disney makes up 70% of the Kingdom Hearts franchise to begin with, so basically it would be striping the series of a lot of content, including key characters like Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy.

Not that I'm not complaining considering Sora is very unlikable to begin with, but that's a topic I don't want to get into simply because fangirls would spam my inbox with hate.

peeup

Smash Lord
I mean it would kinda make sense for him to be in. Obviously there have only been 3 games on Nintendo devices, and Disney is probably anal about it. But he's the creation of a crossover game, and Smash is a crossover game. Also you could have KH stuff without intruding into classic Disney stuff. For example, Sora could be a playable character, Axel could be an assist trophy, Twilight Town could be a stage.

That said, though, obviously I don't think he's gonna get in. But I would buy a Wii-U and the game just to play as him. Probably. Well probably not, but you get the idea. It's not 100% far fetched for him to be in it. Just 99%.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
the point is he most likely will not be in the game. if he somehow does (like if nintendo loses rights to a lot of their main characters) then i will be surprised and probably willing to think about buying the game to main sora haha

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Yeah, that is true, that Sora's chances are extremely low, especially when taking into account the fact that he is owned by Disney. As much as I would like to see him in Smash 4, even I do not have high hopes for his entry. (Shrugs) Even so, I just thought it would be fun to make a thread for him.

I think Explosion should be his DownSmash and Reflect shoud be his DownB.
His Final form should be his Final Smash but sometimes you get his Anti-form when you use it -especialy if you already have used it during the match. Using it more than 2 times almost guarantees Anti-form since the probabilty doubles each time. Getting Anti-form resets the probabilty counter back to zero ensuring you Final Form next. Or maybe you can get all his forms with a different chance for each.
Also if he gets in the game MUST have the battle theme -
Tension Rising - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pyfiN3QRjE
It's like the best battle theme evar!
What do you guyz think? Good ideas?
I totally forgot about explosion--maybe I will replace Blitz with it on the moveset. Reflect would make a good move, too.

As for Final Form, I did think of that when I was writing the moveset, but specifically because it is only in Kingdom Hearts 2, a PS2 exclusive, I ultimately decided against it. The main reason why I chose Ragnarok is because in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for the GBA, it is Sora's most powerful attack next to Trinity Limit.

Tension Rising is a pretty catchy track, now that I remember. Maybe I will add that to the list soon, when I am feeling less lazy.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
No, it's because Disney would never be in Super Smash Bros. in any shape or form. Sora and the varies original characters would be fine, but adding the Disney related content won't fly. Which is a notable problem because Disney makes up 70% of the Kingdom Hearts franchise to begin with, so basically it would be striping the series of a lot of content, including key characters like Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy.

Not that I'm not complaining considering Sora is very unlikable to begin with, but that's a topic I don't want to get into simply because fangirls would spam my inbox with hate.
I hope this applies to wreck it ralph as well, a drop of disney would indeed compromise the integrity of smash bros. that's right I see it as a THREAT. I don't see sora as a threat at all.

D

Deleted member

You can't pick and choose. You either hate all Disney, INCLUDING Sora, or you don't actualy hate Disney as you claim.

If you hate Disney and don't want anything from it in Smash, you cannot support Sora. It's that simple.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I hope this applies to wreck it ralph as well, a drop of disney would indeed compromise the integrity of smash bros. that's right I see it as a THREAT. I don't see sora as a threat at all.
Quit your whining. Seriously, no one cares if you dislike Disney.

However, it's also quite pathetic of you saying a character shouldn't get in because you dislike a company. It makes you look like an *** hole.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
You can't pick and choose. You either hate all Disney, INCLUDING Sora, or you don't actualy hate Disney as you claim.

If you hate Disney and don't want anything from it in Smash, you cannot support Sora. It's that simple.
I feel like this is comparable to if someone hates one game in a series, they hate the whole series. Like people don't like Other M? oh they must hate the Metroid series. People hate Spirit tracks? Oh they must hate Zelda series. On someone hates all Mario Partys? They must hate the entire Mario series then.

Peopel can like and dislike things in a grouping. They don't need to be as extreme as "oh hate company HATE character" or "Enjoy company, yeah I like this character"

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
I was only being neutral about sora, besides, ralph is a fake game character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's not that. He said, and I quote,

a drop of disney would indeed compromise the integrity of smash bros. that's right I see it as a THREAT.
He can't say that for someone like Ralph and not Sora.

D

Deleted member

It's not that. He said, and I quote,

He can't say that for someone like Ralph and not Sora.
This.

It's not a case of "I don't like Disney, but I find Sora to be ok".

It's a case of "I hate Disney, and nothing from it should be in Smash as it would taint it! Sora's ok for Smash, though, despite being Disney and me saying Smash would be tainted if anything Disney was in".

It's hypocracy at it's finest.

Dub24M

Smash Rookie
There is so much that they could do with Sora in the game he would be a very unique character such as a pit great combat , fast chaining air combos and smash moves together great pick to me

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is so much that they could do with Sora in the game he would be a very unique character such as a pit great combat , fast chaining air combos and smash moves together great pick to me

Dissidia was suppose to be a Kingdom Hearts fighting game, but Disney refuses to let their characters be in a fighting game

Since Sora is associated with Disney characters, I wonder if they would refuse to let him be in Smash or if they even have a say so.

Assuming if the powers that be would be interested in putting him in SM4SH

hugemariofan

Smash Apprentice
Altais you forgot to post that it would also be neat to hear a celebrity's voice in Smash!

shadowdude

Smash Apprentice
sora is the character i want most of all in ssb4.his move set possibility's are great and he could fit smash i think fairly easy.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Considering i'm not much of a fan of Kingdom Hearts, I don't really want Sora in there, and I don't find him likely based off of what he has against him as far as other 3rd party characters are concerned

goldglover5

Smash Rookie
Ever since Smash Bros 4 was announced, I have always wanted Sora the most in the game. He would be a perfect 3rd party character, if Sonic made it in Brawl, Sora should have a high enough chance to join. I think that Sora has been in as much Nintendo Console games as Sonic.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Take it away, Lex.

Far as I can tell, there have only been 4 KH games on Nintendo systems. Sonic has been in WAY more than that.[/QUOTE
It doesn't really matter.
:ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell:

No offense, but when you first stated that, I'm assuming you meant it to matter. Nontheless, comparing Sora to Sonic is apples and oranges. Sure, Sora is a 3rd party character. But he is no comparison to the popularity or impactful upon gaming history.

Not that it really hurts Sora's chances or anything. It just isn't a good comparison to begin with.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
No offense, but when you first stated that, I'm assuming you meant it to matter. Nontheless, comparing Sora to Sonic is apples and oranges. Sure, Sora is a 3rd party character. But he is no comparison to the popularity or impactful upon gaming history.

Not that it really hurts Sora's chances or anything. It just isn't a good comparison to begin with.
Oh, god, PLEASE FIX THAT QUOTE.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Won't lie, i'm really lost by what you mean. I'm not referring to what you said, more of what GoldGlover said. Don't worry, I agree with what you said previously lol.
I'm not talking about what you said, I'm talking about the formatting. Read your post: The way it's formatted, it looks like you were quoting me when you were really quoting the other guy. It's really his fault, though.

peeup

Smash Lord
Never give up hope. Maybe if KH3 is in the works, he could be in SSB4 as a promotion? Fingers crossed for the #bestE3ever

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Altais you forgot to post that it would also be neat to hear a celebrity's voice in Smash!
Such a compelling argument... /sarcasm

Dissidia was suppose to be a Kingdom Hearts fighting game, but Disney refuses to let their characters be in a fighting game

Since Sora is associated with Disney characters, I wonder if they would refuse to let him be in Smash or if they even have a say so.

Assuming if the powers that be would be interested in putting him in SM4SH
So... the characters can be in an action RPG but not in a fighting game...? I LOL'd at this one. Lemme guess the reason: fighting games are violent... :rotfl:

Well, just to clear up something: is Sora owned by Disney or Square Enix? Or is he owned by both companies?

Top Bottom