• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Summer 2015 Melee Power Ranking

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Summer 2015 update! Panelists include j00t, Keno, moogle, and Zylo.

1. j00t :falconmelee:
2. moogle :sheikmelee:
3. ragnarock :foxmelee:
4. RAM :luigimelee:
5. Keno :peachmelee:
6. Zylo :foxmelee:
7. saintrage :falcomelee:
8. Spade :samusmelee:
9. Mikeyy :icsmelee:
10. Jimb0 :falcomelee:

1. J00t (Captain Falcon)
2. Moogle (Sheik)
3. Ragnarok (Everyone)
4. Keno (Peach)
5. St. Rage (Falco)
6. Zylo (Fox)
7. Mikeyy (Ice Climbers)
8. Jimb0 (Falco)
9. Dron (Fox)
10. Wafe (Link/Puff)

Discuss. Constructive Criticism is welcome.

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Appreciate the enthusiasm to get some hype started up for the new season. I need to stick around and give a harder look at the Melee scene so I can try and get my name on here on day. And to throw in my two cents....While the video may give a brief "why" as to the reasons for the placement, for a more complete look provide a quick sticky to all the results (if possible) and typed notes about how they were placed.

Hope PM and Smash 4 get one as well, or maybe a mega thread for all games

MTGEL33T

Smash Rookie
The first tournament I ever attended J00t and Moogle both played in. Placed 17th I think? Hoping to go back and do better this weekend :D

Mikeyy

Smash Apprentice
I've beaten Ragnarok, who have you beaten? I take matches every set against Rag, I doubt you could.

Mikeyy

Smash Apprentice
One more time, who have you beaten? What would have ever made you think your better than me. Your strait up fraudulent. I think you know nothing about our scene down here. You only beat Wafe because he went to deep for an edge guard last stock game three. I promise I'll destroy you. As far as we're concerned in south AL this PR is unofficial and fraud. Plus you still haven't told me anyone good you have beaten.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
One more time, who have you beaten? What would have ever made you think your better than me. Your strait up fraudulent. I think you know nothing about our scene down here. You only beat Wafe because he went to deep for an edge guard last stock game three. I promise I'll destroy you. As far as we're concerned in south AL this PR is unofficial and fraud. Plus you still haven't told me anyone good you have beaten.
First off, Wafe was 2-0, not 2-1. If you know Winnar in MS, I've beaten him recently. I've taken games off of Keno and St. the last 4-5 I've met them in tournament. Also, as far as unofficial and fraud, I made sure to include Ryker as one of the panelists, and he made no complaints on the placings.

Edit: Also, a better question might be who have you lost to?

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
This is the magic in PRs though, we can't get matches like this going without it.

Mikeyy

Smash Apprentice
Ryker knows absolutely nothing about our melee scene. You still haven't given any reason you should be higher than me. You have still never beaten anyone.

Last edited:

Mikeyy

Smash Apprentice
And you haven't beaten anyone high up the list. So yeah facts say I should be higher than you. Strait up.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
And you haven't beaten anyone high up the list. So yeah facts say I should be higher than you. Strait up.
If your "facts" are that you've beaten one of them who you've played consistently for years, I'd be quite interested in the kind of list that would make. You may have beaten Rag, but you've also lost to players like Sickolas and Huemon, so...

Mikeyy

Smash Apprentice
I only played my main in one match against Sickolas when he beat me. I was Falco the other two games. And against Huemon I played all Falcon.

Zone

Smash Champion
I don't see how playing someone a lot, disregards a legit win.

Not going to comment who I think is better because I've never played zylo.

But you **** on rag as a player if you think that stance is legit. As if rag has zero ability to adapt.

Ssbm has constant adaptation. Playing someone a lot doesn't make you play better against them. Unless your bad, the better adapter will always come more on top.

Last edited:

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how playing someone a lot, disregards a legit win.

Not going to comment who I think is better because I've never played zylo.

But you **** on rag as a player if you think that stance is legit. As if rag has zero ability to adapt.

Ssbm has constant adaptation. Playing someone a lot doesn't make you play better against them. Unless your bad, the better adapter will always come more on top.
This is something that actually came up a lot when they were talking about the MIOM ranks. Like, yeah, DEHF might have a win vs. Westballz, but what's his record vs. Westballz? I'm interested in your tournament record against Ragnarock. I disagree that the better adapter will ALWAYS win, just on the merit that there's enough variance in melee among players of comparable skill that upsets can still occasionally happen. It's a good win, but as long as there's a chance of victory each time you play, playing a lot definitely drastically increases the chance of winning at least once.

Zone

Smash Champion
This is something that actually came up a lot when they were talking about the MIOM ranks. Like, yeah, DEHF might have a win vs. Westballz, but what's his record vs. Westballz? I'm interested in your tournament record against Ragnarock. I disagree that the better adapter will ALWAYS win, just on the merit that there's enough variance in melee among players of comparable skill that upsets can still occasionally happen. It's a good win, but as long as there's a chance of victory each time you play, playing a lot definitely drastically increases the chance of winning at least once.
I don't disagree that you could chance win someone better than yourself, but the bridge in melee is pretty big. If you are able to be someone who can cheese a win off m2k, there is a minimal skill level that you must be to even tap that chance.

Mikeyy has beaten me once, and took rice to game 5.

But he's also lost to some people who aren't close to being able to beat me yet.

Wobble+mikeyy consistency is a weird thing.

But a win vs rag is a win vs rag. I wouldn't dream of discrediting a win you could get in the future on players you play a lot above you.

A single win does not mean you are = to the person you beat. But it does say something about your minimum skillset

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
I don't disagree that you could chance win someone better than yourself, but the bridge in melee is pretty big. If you are able to be someone who can cheese a win off m2k, there is a minimal skill level that you must be to even tap that chance.

Mikeyy has beaten me once, and took rice to game 5.

But he's also lost to some people who aren't close to being able to beat me yet.

Wobble+mikeyy consistency is a weird thing.

But a win vs rag is a win vs rag. I wouldn't dream of discrediting a win you could get in the future on players you play a lot above you.

A single win does not mean you are = to the person you beat. But it does say something about your minimum skillset
Taking all that into consideration, I think a placing of 7th on the PR is justifiable.

Last edited:

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
Me too man. I've always had the upper hand on Mikey but recently I haven't been able to take a set off him. He has definitely been leveling up a lot recently!

ragnarock

Smash Lord
The top 3 are just speculation. But it doesn't bother me. I have bigger fish to fry. I have no more to prove to AL. Im trying dethrone the current king down here. But when i do get the chance to come up there and i will. I come get what is mine and that's king of Al. Im glad u started this pr. But i have to agree with mickey n zone

Last edited:

j00t

Smash Champion
Bring it. I'll show you who the real king is.

I'm the king of the **** castle known as AL :D

Last edited:

ragnarock

Smash Lord
We'll see, once i conquer what i need to down here, ima come and take whats mine. This is Elm st, and im Freddy Kruger joot. And you xxxxed around and went to sleep.

j00t

Smash Champion
Looking forward to playing you again. We haven't played since like 2010 lol

Top Bottom