• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AdvancedBrackets.com The future of tournaments is here!

Shears

Smash Master
The future of tournaments is here! This is an online tournament software app that allows you to manage your tournaments. The tournament app allows TOs to enter the phone numbers or emails of the entrants and the number of setups being used so the app can automatically text/email players telling them who they are scheduled to play and which setup to play on. All tournaments can be submitted to smashboards using the TIO/XML export feature. Twitch streams and chats can be embedded to create a one stop shop for viewers wanting to see the tournament and the bracket at once. The app is also mobile friendly, so you can manage and TO your tournament right from your phone! A dedicated mobile app for android and iphone will be available in app stores soon, for now try out the mobile version of the site on your phone. *Since privacy and security are our biggest concern, all contact information is destroyed from the site.

Features include:
-Bracket software. Just like challonge or tiopro featuring single and double elimination styled brackets.
-Text/email notifications and setup management. Just enter the number of setups for the tournament and it will automatically manage the matches. Players receive text/email notifications telling them who to play and on which setup. When a match is finished, just report the outcome and it will automatically allocate the open setup to a new match. You can also with a single click set matches for stream and resend text notifications to players. *phone numbers and emails are not required for entry, they are optional and all contact information is destroyed.
-Smashboards rankings integration and TIO export. After a tournament is finished you can export the tournament to a tio/xml file and upload it to smashboards.
-Embedded streams. If your tournament also has a twitch stream, you can upload the stream to the app and it will embed it right into the bracket along with the twitch chat so people can watch the stream and see the bracket all from the same screen.
-Its online. Anyone, anywhere in the world can access and see the bracket. Each tournament gets a unique URL that can be shared with anyone so they can view it wherever they are.
-Mobile support. A dedicated mobile app will be available soon but for now the site is fully functional and mobile friendly. From any smart phone you can view and manage the tournaments right from your fingertips. In your phones browser navigate to the site or your unique tournament URL and view/manage it from there.
-Sitewide SSL for that extra layer of protection. *SSL does not come in studded, ribbed, or hot/cold sensation versions
-Internal private message system. You can send messages and communicate with other TOs and site members right from the site. MasterHand is the site administrator who is just a message away from helping you with any tournament needs.
-Unique URLs for each user. Each user will get a profile that they can share with followers and entrants to stay up to date with past, present, and future tournaments. URL is advancedbrackets.com/username. Example URL, https://advancedbrackets.com/shears
-Payment management. Entrants can be flagged as paid to keep track of who is good and who owes money.
-Pre-registration. Entrants can now sign up and join your tournament before they get to the event. Entrants simply go to the tournament from their computer or mobile phone and join before the tournament is started.
-Embedded youtube videos. After a tournament is complete, any streamed or recorded matches that are uploaded to youtube can be attached to each match. Simply click on the match, paste the youtube url, and click upload.
-Users can report their own matches. Don't worry though, if anything is reported incorrectly the TO can simply re-enter the correct results.
-StreamManager. This awesome application is now available for download and allows you to sync your bracket with your stream to automatically upload the names, bracket position, and more with the click of a button.

No more will TOs have to run around screaming at players telling them which TV to play on or who to play against. No more will a player miss their match because they were in the bathroom or out getting food and didn't know who they had to play or where. The future of tournaments is here and all the TO problems have been solved. A video tour will be coming out shortly to help show everyone all of the apps new and awesome features and how to use them.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or have a problem to report, do not hesitate to let me know. My goal is to make this the best and easiest tournament software in the world. Help me help you. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

On the agenda:
-HitBox.tv stream and chat support
-Pools support
-Swiss tournament support
-Bracket pools support

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
Sitewide SSL has now been added. Twitch chat doesn't support https, so that is currently being figured out. If anyone knows about twitch https support it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
I don't know much about TO'ing, but your site (assuming its yours) is very fleshed out and extremely clever. 10/10 would use if I was a TO.

Shears

Smash Master
This looks very cool! If I may suggest, how about adding the characters that the players used in the tournament?
Good idea, but this isn't isolated to smash. I believe smash tournaments will be the primary users of the app, but it can be used for any tournament at all. Outside of the suggested games in the drop down list, there is nothing suggesting it is smash exclusive. You want to run a soccer tournament, beer pong tournament, march madness bracket predictions, Apex 2015 bracket predictions, any and all smash tournaments, then you can. I like the idea of being able to add characters and might add that somewhat soon, but I don't want people to feel like this is exclusive for smash. It wouldn't be fair if smash characters were added but marvel vs capcom characters weren't.

T Brett

Smash Journeyman
If, in the future, all TOs used this website. Could you have it automatically compile data and spit out things like Elo ratings and stuff?
Also, trying to access the site now just gives me security warnings, and overriding them brings me to an empty site.
Cheers

Shears

Smash Master
If, in the future, all TOs used this website. Could you have it automatically compile data and spit out things like Elo ratings and stuff?
Also, trying to access the site now just gives me security warnings, and overriding them brings me to an empty site.
Cheers
Yes, that is part of the future plan.

You may need to clear your browser cache and flush your routers dns. If you loaded it before https was implemented then this is a common problem. With https, the site has a dedicated IP, so your browser is asking your router for the IP to the site which returns an empty site since its no longer at that IP address. Flushing your DNS and clearing your browsers cache will have it repropagate to map the domain to the permanent IP.

If we weren't all weak and useless humans we could memorize IP addresses instead of domain names and we wouldn't have dns resolution problems. But until we are all replaced by AI, we are stuck with imperfect workarounds for the human shortcomings.

Last edited:

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
This i seems great i'll make sure to try it out and give feedback!

Shears

Smash Master
Message system added. You can now message other TOs and communicate with people on the site. If you have any questions or concerns you can message the site administrator, MasterHand, right from the site.

Dencho

Smash Rookie
NNID
Denchyaknow
3DS FC
0447-7291-4772
if entries provide a gmail can you make it so that it shoots a google hangout text to thier phone? incase people dont wanna give out thier numbers? if so then ya got my vote! is thier an android app for this woullld be sweet this site seem to be mad legit

Shears

Smash Master
if entries provide a gmail can you make it so that it shoots a google hangout text to thier phone? incase people dont wanna give out thier numbers? if so then ya got my vote! is thier an android app for this woullld be sweet this site seem to be mad legit
No one is required to provide contact information. It is optional, if the entrant decides to provide their contact information then they can receive notifications, if they choose not to provide it then they participate in the tournament like they would normally (they just have to be notified the old fashioned way).

As far as providing a gmail, you must not have read my post entirely. It is not limited to just text messages, users can provide gmail, yahoo, or any other email address whatsoever and it will send them an email notification of their match and which setup it is on. So will it send a google hangout text to their phone? No. Will it send an email to their phone through the email provided (can easily be gmail)? Yes. Will I add the functionality to check for gmail and send the google hangout text and not just email? Probably since you asked and it seems like a convenient feature to have.

But to reiterate, entrants can optionally provide a cell phone number or email address to receive either text messages or email notifications respectively.

Sending a google hangout text is like a fancy way of sending an email. So for now, it sends emails.

Last edited:

hiramsthoughts

Smash Apprentice
I'll bbe using this for my Tournament on November and will make sure to provide feedback.

Edit; My tournament will take place in Mexico. Would the Text feature work with Mexico Phone Numbers?

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
Users now have their own URL to share that lists all their tournaments. Each tournament already has their own dedicated URL, and now each user profile has a dedicated URL so followers can check your profile page to see past, present, and future tournaments. Each user's URL is advancedbrackets.com/username.

For example, my URL is:

https://advancedbrackets.com/shears

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
Made sure to get my Username before anyone else. also, could you answer my question?
Didn't see the edit right away. Yes it can, however I only have it configured with carriers that I was knowledgeable for. If you could please reply here, or PM me with a list of the possible carriers that attendees will be using (i.e. verizon, t-mobile, etc.) then I can add them to the carrier list. If you would have some free time before your tournament I'd also like to sit down and do a test run with you, we can do it over Skype or whatever. I am very excited to get this working internationally and look forward to bringing you and the rest of the Mexico scene on board.

Shears

Smash Master
The app can now keep track of who has paid and who hasn't. When viewing the entrant list you can mark players as paid to manage the list. In the near future I will integrate it with paypal so entrants can pay through Advanced Brackets.

Entrants can now preregister for your tournament. At or before someone gets to the event, they can go to your tournament from their computer or smart phone and join. If they have provided their contact information then it will automatically add that to the tournament.

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
You can now upload youtube videos to matches. After a tournament has finished, click on the match you have a youtube video for. Paste the youtube url and then click upload. All matches that have youtube videos uploaded will show a youtube icon next to them.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Shears, you should work with smash.gg on knowledge consolidation. They're doing some great things with their site.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Round Robin would be really helpful. Maybe I missed it but is Smash 4 listed in games?

Shears

Smash Master
Round Robin would be really helpful. Maybe I missed it but is Smash 4 listed in games?
No you can type it in. At the time I made the site Smash 4 wasn't out. I'll add it. Round robin pools will be added sometime in the near future.

As far as another update goes. I have finished creating a program that syncs advancedbrackets with different stream software to update streams with the players in the match and where the match is in bracket (i.e. WF, LQ, GF) from the single click of the button. This program will be available for download soon. The past couple weeks it has been beta tested the 64 brackets at Xanadu. Instead of having to type and edit the player names and the bracket position of the match, the user can simply click on the match they want to stream on the bracket and click the "Put on Stream" button and not only will the bracket show the match that is on stream but the stream itself will update its details with that match.

Top Bottom