• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adapting stages to P:M.

bbQ~

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty new to stage editing but recently i've been fooling around with stages that I thought looked really good on brawl vault and tried to make them competitive viable. I'm making this thread so you can try them out and tell me suggestions about what to change etc. So here are the stages:

UPDATE 6/26:
-All the downloads now come with a few brstms.
-CastleSky is now sluigi's version plus some little modifications by me.
-Two new stages: Lineland road & 1337m.

UPDATE 8/6:
-Added an alternative version of CastleSky with Castle Siege's background.
-Added a new stage: Earth destination.

-Added sluigi123's modified version of Yoshi's Island in there because why not.

[collapse=Sei-An City]
Download Link

Original stage here
Credits to LenSho for making the stage.
Modifications: Removed the two bottom platforms, lowered the top ones. They're still at a more important height than Battlefield platforms as I wanted to keep it original. Their size wasn't changed either. Added PM camera and changed the blastzones to fit the stage better.

[/COLLAPSE]
[collapse=Clock Tower]
Download Link

Original Stage here
Credits to RobzDaBlades for the original stage and Axloid for the BF version. Credits to splat also for the main tower model.
Modifications: Basically a whole new stage. Imported the tower from bowser's castle stage and retextured it. I wanted the stage to be a reference to Majora's Mask Clock Tower so I tried to put a Majora's Mask emblem on the ground instead of a basic Triforce but everything I tried just looked really ugly so I kept the triforce.
Platform layout is an inverted Battlefield layout basically as I thought we didn't have much of those. PM camera is added and the boundaries are PM Battlefield ones.
[/COLLAPSE]
[collapse=Pokemon HeartGold / SoulSilver intros]
Download LInk

Original Stages: Here and here
Credits to Mewtwo2000 for both of those.
Modifications: Main Platform is shorter and two platforms have been added. Added PM Camera and changed the boundaries to fit the stage's new size. I'm not too sure about those ones, i probably can add some other things but i don't know what yet, if you have some suggestions let me know :).
[/COLLAPSE]
[collapse=CastleSky]
Download Link

Original stage here
Credits to rihuganon for the original stage.
Modifications: Added a statue in the background (statue is from this stage, still from rihuganon), as well as two moving platforms that perform an horizontal movment. Fixed the collisions under the edges so it acts as P:M's FD. Allowed walljumping on the left and right walls and that's pretty much it. This is the stage i'm the less happy with, aesthetically speaking. I think it plays fine though :).
v2:
Changements by sluigi123:
-Platform's are slower and now collide with each other for about 3 seconds. Custom camera added to fit the stage better.
Changements by me:
-Shadow system added on the main platform
-Platforms texture looks a bit better, even though it still glitches sometimes for some reason (gets darker).
-Alternative version with Castle Siege's background. Platforms textures do not glitch on this one.This is only an aesthetical change.
[/COLLAPSE]
[collapse="SSE: Inside Halberd"]
Download Link

Original Stage here, credits to Rudementry.
Modifications: I had to change the lightning on this stage since an animation was making the stage darker over and over (see the original stage to know what I'm talking about). So lightning is now constant. Changed the collisions on the sides, added shadow system as well as PM Camera.
The stage is smaller than SSE: Jungle with a similar platform layout, it's about the size of Final destination. I couldn't modify much else because the stage is basically one big model, but I thought it was already pretty good as it is. Enjoy !
[/COLLAPSE]
[collapse="Lineland Road"]
Download Link

I highly recommand that you use this stage to go with Hope4NewDay's Mushroom Kingdom and Szasz's Bowser's Castle, that way you can have 3 stages in one since there are three slots over Shadow Moses Island.

Thanks to xxWutzMercyxx from Brawl Vault since I used the Paper Mario textures from his stage.
No modifications for this one, a simple retexture since I wanted to have three different textures over Shadow Moses.
[/COLLAPSE]
[collapse="1337m (PM version)"]
Download Link

Original stage here, credits to LordNOaH.
Modifications:
-Added two ladders that act as walls (see picture).
-Removed the ledge on the right platform, and made it closer to the main platform.
-The "elevator" platforms are now fall-through, and the collision on the base of it is removed.
-Blast zones are slightly pushed back (couldn't extend much to the left because a second elevator is actually there, and I couldn't remove it).
-Added a custom camera as well.
Enjoy !
[/COLLAPSE]
[collapse="Earth Destination"]
Download Link

Original stage here, all the credits go to xxWutzMercyxx.
Modifications:
-Changed the collisions on the sides so it acts like melee FD (sends you upwards).
-Added a platform right above the first one so it's not just a flat stage anymore.
-Changed the spawn points. Didn't change the blast zones though.
-As you can see, four version are included, just pick the one you like. I kept the lighting from the blue background stages for the space background stages because the base lighting was way too dark. Enjoy !
[/COLLAPSE]

And there is a simple battlefield texture that i ported over P:M, but i thought i would include it anyway:
[collapse=Sunset Battlefield]
Download Link

Original Stage here
All credits go to GenRJ.
[/COLLAPSE]

[collapse="Yoshi's Island (modified by sluigi123)"]
Download Link

Original stage here, credits to Wingedkoopa67.
I did NOT make this stage, it is sluigi123's, but I thought I would include it in here since it follows the same aim.
[/COLLAPSE]

Here you go ! Don't forget to tell me what changes you would make :).
And sorry for the english mistakes here and there, i'm a french guy. Enjoy !

bbQ~

Smash Cadet
So the platform itself is entirely made up?
I reckon it could look as majestic as the background and Poke(s) am I right?

Good job either way
Actually the main platform is the online training stage, I just resized it. Tried to recolor it but it seemed really off that's why I kept it this way.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
hey bud i just downloaded castel sky and i love it!...but im pretty sure it still has the brawl styled camera, its zoomed waaay out compared to all of the other P:M stages.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Downloaded the HG/SS stage to try out something, and because I haven't found anything I liked so far over Spear Pillar. Once I read the "Read Me" I knew I was keeping this stage.

2 stages in one

I *heart* it!

Good job BBQ :)

bbQ~

Smash Cadet
Downloaded the HG/SS stage to try out something, and because I haven't found anything I liked so far over Spear Pillar. Once I read the "Read Me" I knew I was keeping this stage.

2 stages in one

I *heart* it!

Good job BBQ :)
Well thanks. Yeah sometimes the read me's useful lol. I planned to do that with Mushroom's Kingdom which I saw many people using. Since it's over Shadow Moses there are three slots for the stage so I managed to put two more stages on here.

There is one I found on the vault made with splat's bowser's castle background.

And there's one I made. The bullet bill in the back just goes from right to left during play.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Well thanks. Yeah sometimes the read me's useful lol. I planned to do that with Mushroom's Kingdom which I saw many people using. Since it's over Shadow Moses there are three slots for the stage so I managed to put two more stages on here.

And there's one I made. The bullet bill in the back just goes from right to left during play.

Where can i get these?!

bbQ~

Smash Cadet
I'll put them online tomorrow is everything's ready. Btw, about your earlier post about castlesky camera: I imported PM's FD camera on it but maybe the stage's too small for it. I'll try with smashville then.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord

The stage looks pretty messy between SMB1, SMW, and Paper Mario textures in the second stage IMO, it'd look better as a paper Mario stage or an all 8-bit stage to go with the Bowser's Castle version.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I'll put them online tomorrow is everything's ready. Btw, about your earlier post about castlesky camera: I imported PM's FD camera on it but maybe the stage's too small for it. I'll try with smashville then.

cool! please update as soon as you upload the new camera on castle sky and those stages!

bbQ~

Smash Cadet
Mr.Jackpot said:
The stage looks pretty messy between SMB1, SMW, and Paper Mario textures in the second stage IMO, it'd look better as a paper Mario stage or an all 8-bit stage to go with the Bowser's Castle version.
You're right, I made some changes to make it a Paper Mario stage:

The squiglet has an animation, he simply hides behind the bush / comes out. Should I move it to the background ? I guess it can disturb gameplay as the bush's pretty wide.
murio said:
cool! please update as soon as you upload the new camera on castle sky and those stages!
I tried a smashville camera on castlesky and it just looked..ugly. I don't really know what stage's camera I should try :/

210stuna

Smash Lord
With that last one right there ^^ I reckon that sounds like a splendid idea.

Unfortunately for me though, I already have a full-fledged Paper Mario and Boswer's Castle stage.

I love the idea for the trio stage-in-one you want to do though, so more power to ya!

bbQ~

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna try out the Castle Sky stage by using Battlefield's Camera.
Well I tried with Delfino's camera and I think it looks okay. I'll reupload it later today so you can tell me if the result is good enough :)

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
By looking at the cameras between Battlefield and Smashville, they're almost identical. I think either Rumble Falls, Dreamland, or Delfino's camera are fine to me.

EDIT: I'm also trying to make the CastleSky's platforms so that they move smoothly, while being looped, which should be easy to me that is.

bbQ~

Smash Cadet
By looking at the cameras between Battlefield and Smashville, they're almost identical. I think either Rumble Falls, Dreamland, or Delfino's camera are fine to me.

EDIT: I'm also trying to make the CastleSky's platforms so that they move smoothly, while being looped, which should be easy to me that is.
What do you mean by "smoothly" ? Also I've been experiencing some textures problems with castlesky's platforms, has anybody else had an issue (platforms being way to dark) ? Cos' I have no idea of how to fix it.
Update soon with a few more stages :)
EDIT: One more stage added to the OP.

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
What I meant by smoothly is by having the platforms change directions at a good speed, meaning that they slow down when coming towards their destination, wait for about a second, then go towards their next destination and so on and so forth. Smashville is a really good example.

I could make the SSE: Halbred stage inverted if you want me to.

I'll make a version of the SSE stage where the background is big and far back.

EDIT: I'm being dumb, but can someone tell me how to put in spoiler tags? Thank you.

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
Not yet. But by the looks of it, I'd have to make a custom camera for that stage.

The next stage that I was configuring was the Yoshi's Island stage made by Wingedkoopa67. IMO the layout of the stage is an inverted version of Wario Ware, Inc (sideways). This stage can most likely be used for 2v2 battles when it comes to tournaments.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Not yet. But by the looks of it, I'd have to make a custom camera for that stage.

The next stage that I was configuring was the Yoshi's Island stage made by Wingedkoopa67. IMO the layout of the stage is an inverted version of Wario Ware, Inc (sideways). This stage can most likely be used for 2v2 battles when it comes to tournaments.

God, this is amazing.

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
Before I could upload this file to you guys to share, I need permission to do so by Wingedkoopa67, which I think will take a while, cause I haven't seen a response from him on his stage thread in Brawl Vault in almost a week.

bbQ~

Smash Cadet
What I meant by smoothly is by having the platforms change directions at a good speed, meaning that they slow down when coming towards their destination, wait for about a second, then go towards their next destination and so on and so forth. Smashville is a really good example.

I could make the SSE: Halbred stage inverted if you want me to.

I'll make a version of the SSE stage where the background is big and far back.

EDIT: I'm being dumb, but can someone tell me how to put in spoiler tags? Thank you.
Alright as you wish :). When you're done with your modifications I'll replace the download in the OP by yours if you wish. Btw spoiler tags are made with [ collapse="insertnamehere"] [/COLLAPSE] (Strangely it won't work without caps). Just quote the OP to see the code if you're not sure.
So am I the only one to have trouble with castlesky's platform's textures ?

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
Thanks bbQ~. I'm still a rookie when posting. :facepalm:

EDIT: Castle Sky has been modified!
Changelist:
-Camera and Death Boundaries have been readjusted so that players don't die too easily.​
-Newly customed camera angle.​
-Moving platforms have been reanimated. They now collide with each other, and stay at that position for at least 3 sec. Once they spread out, they stop at their destinations for at least 1 sec.​

Download
Castle Sky (Modified By: Sluigi123)

EDIT 9:31 pm East: I'll be posting another preview pic of Yoshi's Island later.

Taiko

Smash Ace
That stage looks amazing, though I'm not sure about the current colour of the platforms.
They look a bit too saturated as-is, maybe make them more like this (right side, I'm bad at finding images...):

It looks really great though, can't wait to play on it!

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
I've thought of some ideas of what platforms are from which area of each level. As you saw on the pic, the big green platform represents the overworld levels, blue representing cave and water levels, and red representing castles and fortresses from Yoshi's Island. I do agree with your opinion Taiko, but actually I didn't really saturated the two platforms, I just hued them using Paint.NET.

Skimchee

Smash Hobo
Digging the Yoshi stage! Totally looking forward to the download (as well as your project battlefield idea)!

On another note though: I'm new to the boards, but I wanted to know if anyone could maybe make a balanced version of this stage for competitive play in P:M. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Moderated=1&Reported=All&Wifi=0&Name=*outer wall*&ByUser=*a bloody canadian*&Credit=*&Info=*&Thumb1=*&Type=**&TypeAlt=*
I saw the preview video of it being played and the boundaries look enormous. I would tinker with it in Brawlbox myself, but I think it would be a lot better off in the hands of people who actually know what they are doing with stage modifying. I would immensely appreciate it!

EDIT: And It would be really cool if the main platforms had some 3D depth to them instead of just a 2D image with collisions. That part isn't as important though, I just wanted to throw it out there in case anyone thought it wouldn't be a problem to add. But if it is too much trouble, by all means ignore the suggestion. I'd be grateful for the competitive version of the 2D stage anyway!

Taiko

Smash Ace
I do agree with your opinion Taiko, but actually I didn't really saturated the two platforms, I just hued them using Paint.NET.
Ah, I see. If you like, I could have a go at changing the saturation to match the main platform a bit more. As it is, they kinda stand out a bit too much (to me at least)

Top Bottom