• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Platform Desync

Captain Earth

Smash Rookie
while toying around with the ICs on dreamland i had done a waveland onto a platform and slid off towards center stage. Now here is where it gets interesting while i was sliding of the platform i held B as to do a ice block; however the ice block had not come out until i was off the platform this ended up popping Popo up into an ice block and leaving Nana to fall toward center stage. After preforming the ice block i had noticed that Nana stood still waiting. Noticing this i investigated further coming to the realization that i had control over Nana in this state, therefore you are able to trap people with blizzards or catch people off guard with smash attacks. As well as that you could even preform Nana-pults and other various options as Nana without making Popo move since he is still in the Ice Block's animation. unfortunately i lack any recording programs or equipment so i cannot show it in action, but you can test it out, and help me investigate it further.

summary - if you hold B right as you waveland off of a platform Popo will preform an Ice block attack, nana won't. this is useful because during it you have full control over Nana and can preform any action including a Nana-pult.

BigVegeta

Smash Rookie
This is because of a strange state that Nana enters when she gets put into teeter. I've dont a lot of research into that matter recently. Try wavedashing into a teeter then dashing off and ice block. Nana will follow you but because she was just in teeter she will not input her own ice block, this will start a desync. What is even more interesting about teeter though is that nana will only enter teeter if you are wavedashing towards an opponent. She does this because for some reason computers are programmed to always face the opponent.

Captain Earth

Smash Rookie
This is because of a strange state that Nana enters when she gets put into teeter. I've dont a lot of research into that matter recently. Try wavedashing into a teeter then dashing off and ice block. Nana will follow you but because she was just in teeter she will not input her own ice block, this will start a desync. What is even more interesting about teeter though is that nana will only enter teeter if you are wavedashing towards an opponent. She does this because for some reason computers are programmed to always face the opponent.
I forgot to mention in the original piece that this was preformed backwards where i would be facing away from center stage as i did it. so the teeter would not affect it i believe. also it wasnt always preformed with the opponent in center stage as i did it with a lvl 1 fox wandering around. Although you may be right with that theory.

Last edited:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
nana responds oddly to wavelanding. You can do whatever you want when you slide off.
I generally prefer bairs, then following with a rising bair from nana (nairs are also amazing).
I also sometimes will waveland off stage and bair instantly, allowing nana to grab ledge. Very situational though.

Raitch

Smash Rookie
Haven't managed to really apply it against people, but I usually do what you do but with a nair or bair and then start a blizzard with Nana. Ice Block would work aswell I guess, but feels like you really put yourself in a bad position if you fail the timing and both Ice Blocks since your opponent most likely is very close for a punish.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I really like doing this with a fair, then not lcancelling it so I can start a desync really easily upon landing.

Top Bottom