• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New 12 Stage Expansion Pack! (Peach's Castle)

Which stages would you like replaced? (Suggest replacement stage in comments below)

• Total voters

esoterics

Smash Apprentice
I'd suggest you move Kingdom II to page two and SSE: Jungle to page one since page one is normally used for neutral/counter picks and page two is normally for illegal stages.

Other than that though, this was very well done. Thanks!

210stuna

Smash Lord
Yes.

try this:

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/rcsfle4hy33y7/cbliss_+_expansion_files

there are individual files, or you can download the .rar file. The rar file does not contain a sound, stage, or module folder. Use the module and stage folder from this thread's expansion pack and the sound folder you were already using.

I would suggest using the rar file, and then replacing my extra costumes as you find your own. Just remember to adhere to the cbliss rules: both a pac and pcs file is needed. M22k provided me with a charbusttex file that retains P:M's costume order when cycling through the css, but unfortunately, the battle portraits and result screen portraits are no synced to cbliss'.

Using m22k's cbliss program, you could specify which characters you want the extra costume for, with the exception of Bowser. You could also opt to use cbliss' costume and team system, in which it would be preferrable to import cbliss' charbusttex file in the common5.pac into the common5.pac file I provide.
Well that's a lot more than what I read last time.

Which method do you prefer? I feel kind of hesitant on messing with my build again after months of adding on to it when 3.0 is almost here and more than likely everything will have to be updated or worked around.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
How exactly would you "modify" the added stages?
It has something to do with the .rel's being named CUSTOM_XX, right?

What exactly does your RSBE01.gct have inside it?

I have mine with Replacement Sound Bank Engine (For Melee SFXs), and a BRSTM Equalizer Code in it.
If I could have the code for the Stage Expansion that would be great!

You can have the Stage Expansion code and the Replacement Sound Bank Engine code together in the RSBE01.gct.

However, you'll need to add the RSBE code into the .gct OP provided, so you'll have to use GCT Editor and Ocarina.I just tried it for muh Japanese voices and I managed to get both the additional stages and muh Japanese SFX.

By the way, what's the BRSTM Equilizer code and what does it do?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
So i just tried this and after using the fusionizer, i get the "Too man codes" error. All i did was combine the .gct in the OP and the PM full version .gct.

Any ideas?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
this totally didn't work for me, all I got was 12 Skyloft icons and a quiet freeze if I try to select them

and my dumb*** didn't save the original .gct file.

anyone else having this completely not work or did I do something wrong?

EDIT: nevermind, downloaded the wrong one LOL

EDIT EDIT:

now I have the menu screens shown, and the game freezes when I try to select anything. meh, looking like i'll have to redownload 2.6 and forget all this stuff T.T

Same thing happened to me after using Kati's code set, using the fusionizer with P:Ms build and the op's gct just gave me a "too many codes error"

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
The "too many codes error" is why I decided to just modify it with GCTEdit. GCTEdit doesn't have a limit to the lines of code you can put in a GCT like some others I've tried using.

- Extract the text from the GCT in the 12 Stage Expansion Pack
- Manually enter the changes you want in notepad
- Open the text with GCTEdit again (this might take some time, took like 2 minutes to load it for me)
- Then re-save it as a GCT file.

Here is a download link for GCTEdit I was using:
http://www.mediafire.com/?tiqhqmwyui0

Here is the forum page:
http://smashboards.com/threads/gctedit-v1-0-by-chibosempai-edit-and-decompile-gct-files.246932/

Hope this helps.

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
The gct already includes codes from the full/wifi set (depending on download). Re-adding the codes are likely causing the error.
For now, the codes can be added manually with GCT fusioner.
This may have caused confusion, so to clarify, I was referring to any additional codes (soundbank replacement, BRSTM equaliser etc)

210stuna

Smash Lord
By the way, what's the BRSTM Equilizer code and what does it do?
Originally the BRSTMS in Brawl are set to be played at different volumes. So when you change a BRSTM out for one of your custom BRSTMS it might be extremely loud or extremely quite. With the code in place it makes sure every BRSTM is set to play at a certain volume.

Note: If the custom BRSTM was made to be extremely loud, say because they didn't know why it was being so quite in game so they made the volume very loud, then the BRSTM will be like half as loud as before, of course depending on what slot you put it in.

For the most part though, the code balances all the BRSTMS volumes.

Type it in Google and it should link you to a thread with it in it and the details. I'm pretty sure a link or it can be available inside the CUSTOM BRSTM REQUEST THREAD or whatever it's called stickied on the first page of this board.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
The "too many codes error" is why I decided to just modify it with GCTEdit. GCTEdit doesn't have a limit to the lines of code you can put in a GCT like some others I've tried using.

- Open the text with GCTEdit again (this might take some time, took like 2 minutes to load it for me)

Here is the forum page:
http://smashboards.com/threads/gctedit-v1-0-by-chibosempai-edit-and-decompile-gct-files.246932/

Hope this helps.

Ohhh ok, i was using mewtwo2000's GCT fusionizer, could have sworn OP recommended using it.

Thanks for the help though, i appreciate it!

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Hiya, love this to heck but I might have done something wrong because whenever it loads certain songs in some of the custom stages, the game freezes.

Mind giving me a hand?

esoterics

Smash Apprentice
I've been trying to edit the custom stage order in the provided .gct. The Icons ended up all jumbled together for whatever reason. Do I need to edit the code differently compared to a normal brawl css?

Kati

Smash Lord
Anyone having trouble with my downloads should pm me so as to avoid confusion for the op. This isn't my thread, so I don't get notified when someone posts in it.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio

Here is the forum page:

Hope this helps.

I did this exactly as you say and all i got was saffron replaced with dialga stage, the added codes aren't being activated properly for some reason. would it be possible for you to PM me your correctly edited gct? I followed ur directions exactly (and I've edited the GCT many times on my own using GCTedit in the v2.1 days) And i can't get the damn thing to work properly.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Which codes are you trying to add to the GCT? It could be that they conflict with some of the codes already implemented within the GCT (I know a few codes I've tried in the past just don't work with P:M because of these issues. Sadly, I don't remember which ones). Can you just not get this expansion to work at all???

To be honest, all I've done to my GCT is change which tracks correspond with the custom stages. I changed which stages appear on the custom slots just by changing/swapping their .rels and .pacs. I've never tried editing the SSS layout, so if that's what you're implying, I can't help you Knight :(

Hiya, love this to heck but I might have done something wrong because whenever it loads certain songs in some of the custom stages, the game freezes.

Mind giving me a hand?
The only time I've had my game freeze on me when trying to load a song is when there were incompatible characters in it's name. I've had to change all instances of "Pokémon" with "Pokemon" because of this. The "ké" was showing up as Japanese katakana while I was browsing through the info.pac. I have no idea why, didn't start happening to me until I switched over to 2.6b

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
So I figured out the problem. Turns out the game will freeze if the music isn't available. I needed to unlock the song that played in the certain stage. My bad!

esoterics

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, all I've done to my GCT is change which tracks correspond with the custom stages. I changed which stages appear on the custom slots just by changing/swapping their .rels and .pacs. I've never tried editing the SSS layout, so if that's what you're implying, I can't help you Knight :(
That's exactly what I'm trying to do. The code doesn't seem to work the same way as the PhantomWings code. Thanks anyway.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Ok OP, I finally figured it out. Why in the hell do you have "* " before every line in the supplemental code .txt file? Using GCT edit I had to go in there and erase "* " on every line manually. ( GCT fusion gives the "too many codes error" )

I didn't scour the .txt file at first as i assumed it was going to be drag and drop. Cool pack, but stupid to set up.

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
^That's probably a side-effect of saving as txt on ocarina, not intentional at all. The pack really is just drag and drop, the only thing manual about it is deleting the BRSTMS, but that's not exactly difficult anyway.

Expansion pack has been updated with changes to the music order and stages (now including Peach's castle from Melee). Wifi GCT should no longer cause any problems for users, check the OP for download link.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
^That's probably a side-effect of saving as txt on ocarina, not intentional at all. The pack really is just drag and drop, the only thing manual about it is deleting the BRSTMS, but that's not exactly difficult anyway.

Expansion pack has been updated with changes to the music order and stages (now including Peach's castle from Melee). Wifi GCT should no longer cause any problems for users, check the OP for download link.

Dude you took out n64 peaches castle for melee? Why not leave them both in and take out something else?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio

If you have to edit and append the code set, its not DRAG AND DROP.

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
You didn't have to quote me twice, use the edit button for future reference.

As I said, the stars in the GCT were unintentional and likely went unnoticed because they worked on dolphin. It's been fixed now, so thank you. That's what bug reports are for.
If you disagree with Peach's castle being replaced, then you can
Add the stage yourself
OR
Suggest an alternative stage to replace.
I'd suggest you move Kingdom II to page two and SSE: Jungle to page one since page one is normally used for neutral/counter picks and page two is normally for illegal stages.

Other than that though, this was very well done. Thanks!
I'll change this ASAP, thanks for the suggestion!

EDIT: Added a poll, it should make requests more convenient for everyone.

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
I noticed something of Bowser's Castle. You seem to have the 1st version where the background makes the Star KOs look a like they'd most likely go through the wall. I, however, made two versions of the stage, a few months ago; one is the original, the other is an inverted Battlefield layout, and both of them have a bigger background w/ a better camera angle, and adjusted cameras and blast-lines as well. It might still be at the old thread. If not, here's the download of my versions:

"Fixed" Bowser Castle w/ Alt.

Have fun! ;)

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Do you have a DL link for stage icons by any chance?

The Spear Pillar previews I'm getting are only 144x144, wondering if that could be changed to 160x160 or 176x176.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
I really look forward to this set being compatible with 3.0; it might be hard to implement with the changing SSS in 3.0 due to the addition of the Wifi Waiting Room.

esoterics

Smash Apprentice
I'd recommend replacing Luigi's Mansion. As it is now, it gives a huge advantage to Ivysaur since she can restore health and charge solar beam by hitting the pillars with bulb attacks.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Peach's Castle can now be replaced since it's officially in P:M.

By the way, where did you find that Spear Pillar stage, did you make it yourself or no? I know you're looking into making the platforms non-static but I was wondering if it was possible that the legendary Pokemon could appear when someone hits their last stock, kind of like the Metal Gears appearing on Shadow Moses Island.

Diraga

Smash Cadet
So the question on all our minds is when will this be 3.0 compatible?

Mr. Mistress

Smash Rookie
I would love to see this compatible for 3.0. Libertyernie's 36 stage expansion is great and all, but I find 78 total stages to be way too much, and 53/54 sounds a lot more reasonable.

Top Bottom