1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 150,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 15 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3. Trying to find the perfect gift? Use the Smashboards Store to get awesome Smash accessories, like a Nintendo Controller! Please check out the inventory in our store and support Smashboards with your purchase today!

A New 12 Stage Expansion Pack! (Peach's Castle)

Discussion in 'Customized Content' started by turtletank, Nov 2, 2013.

?

Which stages would you like replaced? (Suggest replacement stage in comments below)

1. SSE

4.8%
  2. 1337m

4.8%
  3. Luigi's Mansion

4.8%
  4. Inside Halberd

19.0%
  5. Distant Planet

14.3%
  6. Mushroom Kingdom II

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. SSE Canyon

14.3%
  8. SSE Forest

4.8%
  9. Bridge of Eldin

4.8%
  10. Peach's Castle (Melee)

9.5%
  11. Spear Pillar

4.8%
  12. Final Gateway

14.3%
  1. turtletank

turtletank Smash Journeyman

Update 24/11
    - Fixed previews & Banners
    - Fixed info.pac
    - Added Peach's Castle (Melee)
    - Music has been re-ordered to include banners

ALL CREDIT GOES TO libertyernie. I merely compiled the stages + previews.

Introducing the new 12 stage expansion pack for Project M!
    The biggest problem with previous expansion packs was the aesthetics, the filesize limit would often result in problems such as low res previews and missing banners. With a reduced expansion this is no longer a problem, it manages to keep most of it's polish while providing you with 12 new stages to play on.

[​IMG][​IMG]

The pack contains the following stages:
    All stages come with a Project M camera + custom music.

DOWNLOAD HERE
    Wifi GCT HERE

Simply drag and drop into your existing build of project M and it will replace any necessary files.
    Note: You may notice that some of these stages have received changes for more "neutral" play.
    I did not create any of these stages.

Please let me know if you experience any bugs/ oddities. Enjoy!
    Saito likes this.
  2. Kally Wally

Kally Wally Smash Ace

Looks like a cool pack, but, two things;

One: the SSE Forest and Inside Halberd preview images are the same.

Two: The stage selection screen at the top of the post contains stages (Bowser's Castle, Summit M, maybe some others) that aren't listed in the post. Do they come with the pack?
  3. turtletank

I'll get that sorted ASAP. Thanks.
    And that screenshot is from my custom build, sorry about the confusion. I may upload it at some point, but right now it isn't polished enough.
  4. Prince Longstrok

Prince Longstrok Professional Fapper

• Premium
    Awesome! One question though... do these stages simply add stages that were not included in the 2.6b build, or does it change the current maps as well?

If the latter, may I bother you in asking what replaces what just so I know? I really appreciate it bud :)
  5. turtletank

I doesn't replace any stages at all. It does, however switch Saffron city with Spear Pillar (as seen above). This was done in order to take advantage of the 3 stage slots so Dialga/ Palkia can appear.
    Should've have mentioned this before, but I recommend deleting H06 (in the sound folder) as it no longer suits the stage.
  6. Star ☆

Star ☆ Endless Light

• Premium
    NNID:
    Autumnflow
    Is it possible to be able to compile this expansion pack for the Wifi codeset instead?
  7. Pwnz0rz Man

Pwnz0rz Man Smash Lord

3DS FC:
    1950-9089-5761
    Ooh, is that a balanced Distant Planet I see? I might just have to use a few of these stages.
  8. 210stuna

210stuna Smash Lord

How exactly would you "modify" the added stages?
    It has something to do with the .rel's being named CUSTOM_XX, right?

What exactly does your RSBE01.gct have inside it?

I have mine with Replacement Sound Bank Engine (For Melee SFXs), and a BRSTM Equalizer Code in it.
    If I could have the code for the Stage Expansion that would be great!
  9. Saito

Saito Smash Champion

3DS FC:
    1719-3875-9482
    NNID:
    Vairrick
    Ok, The instructions were followed, and I replaced files as prompted.

However, after launching Project M and it gets past the loading screen the screen just stays black.

Initially I thought I might of messed up the SD card, but when I re-replaced the new files back with the original Project M files, the game worked normally again.

Any Idea what problem I might be having?

I am running Project M 2.6 Hackless Full set.
    Exactly a 2GB SD card.
  10. turtletank

Added to OP.
    Keep yer hands off mah property
    Have fun :D
    Check out the read me, it should help with replacing stages.
    I'll add another txt file containing the expansion code.
    Welcome to Smashboards!
    I'm not sure the cause of the issue, it works fine for me. I'll double check to see what's going on.

EDIT: Discovered that the info.pac was grossly oversized for some reason. Fixed.
  11. otheusrex

otheusrex Smash Apprentice

the dropbox link says it's been removed
  12. CardiganBoy

CardiganBoy Smash Lord

Do the GCT include the Soundbank Replacement Engine?
  13. Saito

Saito Smash Champion

3DS FC:
    1719-3875-9482
    NNID:
    Vairrick
    Thank you.

I'll be testing this within the next few hours after I fix the internet at my house.

Will update this post later.

11:36 PST
    Added the files and overwrote them as usual.
    The game started normally and Spear pillar replaced Saffron city as expected.
    Every other stage that was supposed to be added was not added.

I assume it has to do with the codeset that was included with the ZIP file, but as I am completely new to modifying files in brawl/Project M, I have no idea what I am supposed to do with the Codeset. Normally I'd just experiment with what works and what doesn't but seeing as my Wii could be at risk if I made a mistake I'd rather not do that this time.

On another note, after looking at spear pillar's rebalance I think I would prefer to keep Saffron city in. How would I go about doing that while keeping the rest of the stage expansions?
  14. turtletank

I derped and forgot the GCT. Again.
    Thanks for the help, I reuploaded the files and hopefully there won't be any more problems.

I really need to organise my desktop .
  15. Saito

Saito Smash Champion

3DS FC:
    1719-3875-9482
    NNID:
    Vairrick
    [​IMG]

Will post with updates in a few minutes.

Edit : I must be going to fast because the files aren't uploaded yet.
    I'll check back in 20 THEN provide updates.

1:19 PM

So much for 20 minutes...

All right, so everything is working now and I noticed that Saffron city was still in so it's all good.

Curious though. Is there anyway to get the original spear pillar back? I don't really care for the changes and I know the friends that I play with will absolutely hate what was done to spear pillar.
    robosteven and 210stuna like this.
  16. turtletank

Just delete the STGTENGAN stages and rel. It will revert to default.
  17. CardiganBoy

CardiganBoy Smash Lord

You should do one version that includes Peach Castle from Melee
  18. turtletank

If a stage is requested enough I will add it to the pack, but otherwise I won't as it's a long process of replacing previews, songs etc.
  19. 210stuna

210stuna Smash Lord

20. turtletank

No, but Ill look into it.

For now, the codes can be added manually with GCT fusioner.
  21. Saito

Saito Smash Champion

3DS FC:
    1719-3875-9482
    NNID:
    Vairrick
    I went about doing this.

There is no H05 in the sound folder though. There is an H06 and I assume that is what you meant but I'm checking here just in case.

I'm not a fan of exploding and for all I know deleting this one file just might make that happen.

---------------------
    Edit : Went ahead and deleted it. It was the correct file.

Curious though. I tried to replace it with 2 different BRTSM files and they worked at first, but somewhere in there the track changed to a very sped up version of Fourside's song.

However when I deleted the files and let it turn back to normal victory road the music played properly with no fourside

Do you know what might of caused that?

Pokemon and Earthbound are actually connected?!?!?!!?
  22. Handy Man

Handy Man Smash Journeyman

• Premium
    3DS FC:
    2793-0595-8160
    NNID:
    Luigifan141
    Does this work with Riivolution?
  23. JCOnyx

JCOnyx Smash Journeyman

Sounds to me like you just put in some incorrectly looped brstms. Either that, or they didn't transition well when copying to the SD card. Occasionally, when I'm changing music tracks or just updating PM, tracks that were working before will suddenly do exactly what you're describing. People usually advise to either reformat your SD card or just try replacing them again if that is the case.

A quick question turtletank. Some of the music tracks don't correctly show up when entering some of the custom stages. Is this just a byproduct of using the SSE music tracks for the stages since some of them don't show up as usable tracks in the custom stage builder? If that is the case, what's the simplest way to change those tracks to ones that do show up when entering the stage (or at least don't show the music symbol like when entering Skyloft)? I'm guessing I'm going to have to change the code, which is a little frightening since whenever I've messed with SSBB code in the past it hasn't worked that well.

Would this be how I'd end up changing which brstms play when I enter the stage?

If I changed it to a track that shows up on another stage though, would it still show up when playing on that stage? For instance if I changed the code for STGCUSTOM04 to play 27e6 Snake Eater, would it still show up on Shadow Moses Island?

Thanks for the Stage Expansion by the way. I've been wanting to add even more stages and this seemed liked the friendliest way for me to do so. Learning how to change the custom stages took a lot of trial and error though, especially for stages that had custom .rels. I had to track down the most recent copy of Stage Switcher I could find, but some of the stages I could just use the .rels within Phantom Wing's Stage Expansion 2.0 Tutorial (which I also had to track down lol).

24. Kati

Kati Smash Lord

gadzooks!

Is there a changelist for Spear Pillar? it looks different.
  25. turtletank

I haven't tested it, but there shouldn't be any problems.
    This is correct.
    Unfortunately, there is no way around this except modifying the GCT. I may just change this in the future, however since polish is what I'm hoping to accomplish here.
    And yes, the codes will be able to load any song for multiple stages. Good luck!
  26. Shadow Huan

Shadow Huan Smash Champion

this totally didn't work for me, all I got was 12 Skyloft icons and a quiet freeze if I try to select them

and my dumb*** didn't save the original .gct file.

anyone else having this completely not work or did I do something wrong?

EDIT: nevermind, downloaded the wrong one LOL

EDIT EDIT:

now I have the menu screens shown, and the game freezes when I try to select anything. meh, looking like i'll have to redownload 2.6 and forget all this stuff T.T
  27. Kati

Kati Smash Lord

I got this working with a build that includes cbliss for a small portion of the cast. I'll post it later if need be.
    210stuna likes this.
  28. turtletank

Sorry about the delay. I've added a rough changelist to OP (under the collapse tag).
  29. JCOnyx

JCOnyx Smash Journeyman

I decided to test and see how well I could capture P:M game play with my Elgato Game Capture HD and it just so happens to showcase the 12 Stage Expansion Pack. I've made a lot of modifications, but I have to admit, Peach's Castle (Melee) should definitely be included in this pack.

I was able to figure out how to modify the code with GCT edit and I've changed all of the music on the custom stages to redirect tracks that have names, that way it feels a little more polished. Also, finding out how to make certain stages custom because of their modified .rels was a challenge, but I got it working within a couple days.

The only sad thing I've realized about using this pack, is that you can't go into the random stage switch menu because it'll freeze after while. I hate losing features, but we've already turned off all the stages we don't like so we don't use that menu all that often anymore. Guess you have to sacrifice something to get 12 extra stages (although the loss in stage preview quality is pretty annoying as well).

Oh well, thanks for uploading this pack though. I'll probably be using it for quite a while.
    210stuna likes this.
  30. GamerGuy09

GamerGuy09 Smash Champion

3DS FC:
    5413-0463-0616
    Even with these flaws, I hope P:M sees this and puts this into 3.0. There are a bunch of good competitive stages with some fun casual stages. So 10/10.
  31. turtletank

Thanks for the feedback. There has been a few changes to the pack since I first uploaded it, but it isn't available yet. I'm aiming to fix as many issues as possible and incorporate feedback before an update.
    I will likely add Peach's Castle (Melee) as it seems to be a popular request, but I'm curious as to which stage people would like replaced.
    I hadn't noticed the freeze at the stage switch menu. Does this happen consistently or on occasion?
    And yeah, the common5 filesize limit is something that isn't fixable right now, so this is as good as it gets. Any preview larger than 144x144 freezes the game.
    Thanks :chuckle: Though as much as I'd like to see an expansion in project M, this one is no-where near their level of professionalism. Perhaps in the future...
  32. QQQQQQQ7777777

QQQQQQQ7777777 Smash Champion

I think they once said something like "we would absolutely love to add in more stages, but we don`t want to do that until we can make stage expansion work with random stage select."
  33. 210stuna

210stuna Smash Lord

You know what to do...[​IMG]

Does it have the RSBE code in it too?
  34. Kati

Kati Smash Lord

I was considering prying out the codes, but I really shouldn't, or else I'll spend so much time inserting a bunch of random stuff. I'll gladly explain how, but I have to resist the temptation. Seeing as 3.0 is coming out soon, all the time I've already put into 2.6b is probably going to be a waste. I always do stuff like rearrange the sss and make the cast have individual victory songs... the customization just never ends.

Here is what I have so far, an rsbe.gct with cbliss with 12 stages:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/zgrky52y2o9jo1u/RSBE01_2.6b_12_stages_+_some_cbliss.gct

The characters include: Mario, Dk, Link, C.F. Ness, Lucas, Peach, Ganon, Metaknight, all of the pokemon except Lucario, DDD, Rob, and maybe one or two others. Do you know how to get cbliss working? media fire isn't letting me upload my pf folder at the moment.

Yeah now that I think about it, you would probably want all of my folders like stages, system and info2. I'm not sure why mediafire isn't accepting my uploads atm.
  35. Knightlitespeed

Knightlitespeed Smash Apprentice

NNID:
    Knightlitespeed
    Does this build work with the stage strike feature?
  36. Kati

Kati Smash Lord

Yes.

try this:

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/rcsfle4hy33y7/cbliss_+_expansion_files

there are individual files, or you can download the .rar file. The rar file does not contain a sound, stage, or module folder. Use the module and stage folder from this thread's expansion pack and the sound folder you were already using.

I would suggest using the rar file, and then replacing my extra costumes as you find your own. Just remember to adhere to the cbliss rules: both a pac and pcs file is needed. M22k provided me with a charbusttex file that retains P:M's costume order when cycling through the css, but unfortunately, the battle portraits and result screen portraits are no synced to cbliss'.

Using m22k's cbliss program, you could specify which characters you want the extra costume for, with the exception of Bowser. You could also opt to use cbliss' costume and team system, in which it would be preferrable to import cbliss' charbusttex file in the common5.pac into the common5.pac file I provide.
    210stuna likes this.
  37. Knightlitespeed

Knightlitespeed Smash Apprentice

NNID:
    Knightlitespeed
    Okay thanks. I'll try this out.
    Edit: Do you change the stage order the same way you would normally, or is the process different in some way?
  38. Shoto

Shoto Smash Apprentice

When I put these stages in, will I be able to change them, and the music?
  39. turtletank

In short, yes. There's a txt file that should guide you through the process.
  40. Shoto

Shoto Smash Apprentice

What exactly do I move over? Just the RSBE01.gct? Or more?