• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

626 / Pasadena Area Smash: Unleashing Your Inner Robert

channlsrfr

Smash Apprentice
Dang, man! It's been more than a month since the last post? What has happened to the 626?! Lol, I'm such a hypocrite.

I've been Jonesing for some Melee again lately. Weeknights (Fridays included, generally) are best for me. Anybody wanna play sometime? I'll be happy to travel, since I would probably try to limit my exposure to 2 hours at a time -- this game is crack to me.

So, I've been off this thread for about 2 years and just started updating myself on the developments in the world of Melee ... Sung, that is badass that you've got these Kings of Cali tournaments happening here. I'll definitely help out with the next one. Don't know if I wanna do all-day, but I can be there the first half of the day and bring a setup (if necessary) and recording equipment -- might be cool if people wanna record their money matches or something.

626!!

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
Hey so I wanna start playing melee for fun again, and I live in Altadena. I can't host anything but I can take the bus to you. Anybody want to play? I'm a decent player.

Sleepy

Smash Ace
Actually, I started playing again, lol funny that Ian started too. I'll host something small soon, hopefully get to know the new Melee/64 players in 626 soon.

Sleepy

Smash Ace
HEY THIS THREAD ISN'T DEAD!! I live in Pasadena 4 months of the year. I'll be back in May. Guess I just wanted to say hi.
hit me up when you come back in May, I'll probably have more time then anyways. Excited to hear a smasher is gonna be close by, I'll probably contact iankobe soon, see if he's still up to play

SacaSuMoto

Smash Journeyman
I suggest you guys talk to BAM, Brandon Martin, and ask if you can use the Mayhem venue for smashfests. The days leading up to the first Mayhem there were a few of us going there to play smash it was pretty chill. Pasadena is decently close to the venue and i'm sure others will show up to it too.

Sleepy

Smash Ace
hmm, that's a good idea, I'll see if I can attend a few of these tournies (at the venue) in the future. I haven't met anyone yet to be able to even consider asking. Thanks for the info!

thatspoetry

Smash Cadet
I want to become a pro player. I want to train myself and with others and help them with the methods I have learned. My stuff is based on psychology emphasis of training in its method. It doesn't take a lot it but surely takes the drive and time and commitment. I live in Fontana but am usually around Pasadena during the week. I can be ready to practice most days.

My characters are Link, Game and Watch, Kirby all for Melee. I don't play anything else other than Melee.

I used to be pro level but quit after whatever stuff happened. I have enough memory muscle to not suck but still have a long way to go especially from my past level. I wanted to go to Worlds so there's that.

Please message me and friend me here so we can hit things up. I'll see you around

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
I want to become a pro player. I want to train myself and with others and help them with the methods I have learned. My stuff is based on psychology emphasis of training in its method. It doesn't take a lot it but surely takes the drive and time and commitment. I live in Fontana but am usually around Pasadena during the week. I can be ready to practice most days.

My characters are Link, Game and Watch, Kirby all for Melee. I don't play anything else other than Melee.

I used to be pro level but quit after whatever stuff happened. I have enough memory muscle to not suck but still have a long way to go especially from my past level. I wanted to go to Worlds so there's that.

Please message me and friend me here so we can hit things up. I'll see you around
Loooool, you'll never be pro level playing those characters

thatspoetry

Smash Cadet
Loooool, you'll never be pro level playing those characters
It's the player that makes most of the meta. Starfox and a handful of characters that happen to be more accessible to players and certain mechanics are obvious exceptions. I'd rather play and lose going with characters I love then something everyone plays just to win. How do you think Peach got her debut? A top player happened to make it popular. He merely adapted the game within whatever character he wanted. Then there's plenty of other people who played it but simply didn't master it. Go figure.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Peach was great long before Armada. Pink Shinobi. Cort. Vidjo.

I'd bet $5 that I can four-stock your Link, G&W and Kirby. -shrugs-

You went from "I'm going to be a pro" to "I'd rather lose with characters I love." Big difference.

thatspoetry

Smash Cadet
Peach was great long before Armada. Pink Shinobi. Cort. Vidjo.

I'd bet $5 that I can four-stock your Link, G&W and Kirby. -shrugs-

You went from "I'm going to be a pro" to "I'd rather lose with characters I love." Big difference.
If you're associated with this thread then I'm kind of done with its associates but I doubt it since you seem to be following me around the website. You've caught me in a terrible mood for me to even be speaking so abrasively. The only thing I got to say other than arguing the particulars and content of my sentences is that I will try hard with what I love. It's about the game itself not the win. I have the win to look forward to and those whom I might befriend. You apparently wish to object to that though I forgive you and don't see why we can't get along. Yes I wish to be pro and yes even the professional players lose. I see no differentiated context since it's all part of the game. You can 4 four stock me now I'm sure but I will learn. You just gave me incentive to train to the point of bringing people like you off their words and into action. All of which can be proven with a match. Thank you for that. I need all the motivation necessary. I'll see you around.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
This game has winning and losing built within the framework. Try all you might but you cannot separate the 'W' or the 'L' from this game.

Last edited:

Sleepy

Smash Ace
As much as I'd hate to agree with P, It's truth.

Still I can't hate the ideals of thatspoetry.

I just think that people should stick with one character, otherwise it's improbable that they'll ever get better (considering they aren't already godlike).

UGCgamer

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, UGCgamer here. We recently opened a 3,000 sq. ft. venue in Panorama City. 9 miles away from Burbank, 15 miles away from Los Angeles, and 20 miles away from Valencia/Pasadena. We have (7) CRT TV's, (1) Nintendo Gamecube, and (5) Nintendo Wii. We host SSBM/SSBB tourney biweekly on Saturday at 12:00 pm. We've been active on www.shoryuken.com and posting our results there, but we also wanted to personally reach out to you guys on SmashBoards : )

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discuss...ltimate-gaming-center-in-panorama-city#latest

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discuss...eekly-saturday-tourney-panorama-city-ca?new=1

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discuss...turday-tourney-results-panorama-city-ca?new=1

This Saturday 03-29-14 we are hosting SSBM at 12:00 pm. It'll be great to see you guys here.

http://smashboards.com/threads/818-the-valley-ultimate-gaming-center-in-los-angeles-ca.350884/

iankobe

Smash Lord
OMG. Everyone in the 626 let's meet up! Host a small smashfest or something. I missed those good ol' days of smash.

And P, I so remember playing with all ya'll back then.

festizzio

Smash Champion
Definitely looking to start seriously practicing and improving, just starting to get back into the game and looking for decent people to smash with. I live in Monterey Park, but my place is pretty small so I'd prefer to drive somewhere else. Usually weekends are the best time, looking for something this weekend since I don't see any tournaments going on (unless they're hidden). I play Marth and a little bit of Fox.

Anybody down to host a smashfest? :)

Sleepy

Smash Ace
Definitely looking to start seriously practicing and improving, just starting to get back into the game and looking for decent people to smash with. I live in Monterey Park, but my place is pretty small so I'd prefer to drive somewhere else. Usually weekends are the best time, looking for something this weekend since I don't see any tournaments going on (unless they're hidden). I play Marth and a little bit of Fox.

Anybody down to host a smashfest? :)
heh you're festizzio the pika main? remember playing with me at pat's house a few years ago?

Also Ian, I'm down to host a fest probably next week.

Anyone got time during the week? I'll check what days I work next week if you guys are free.

Last edited:

festizzio

Smash Champion
Yup, played Pikachu for a long time, but I can never get a good mindset with him so I switched to Marth a while ago. Seems to be working out a lot better already. :) I'm free at night on Tuesdays/Thursdays if you're down to play then. I work during the week, so weekends are definitely the best time.

L33thal

Smash Apprentice
Yo I live in Monterey Park and I'm looking for people to play with. I've only played a handful of matches against people who can SHFFL and everything and I'm tired of getting jabbed by Lvl 9s. Anyone down to play? I'm also going to the next Mayhem (unless I get overwhelmed by tests).

iankobe

Smash Lord
Yo I live in Monterey Park and I'm looking for people to play with. I've only played a handful of matches against people who can SHFFL and everything and I'm tired of getting jabbed by Lvl 9s. Anyone down to play? I'm also going to the next Mayhem (unless I get overwhelmed by tests).
I'm down. Can you host at your place? I'm in Temple City now.

Top Bottom