• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old ranking, now defunct

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
why does a weekly that regularly gets 40+ people now get weighted that lightly? im just curious @_@

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
why does a weekly that regularly gets 40+ people now get weighted that lightly? im just curious @_@
Probably because it doesn't have a wide diverse pool of people from around the state to the same extent that a normal weekend tournament would have. This way competitors from cities that don't have weeklies, or TOs that run them and don't have the time to submit brackets, don't get overshadowed as easily by not having results submitted as often.

Oracle

Smash Master
because its regular and in the same area. It would allow anyone who does decently to farm their scores by only going to the weekly. Believe me, my score would be higher since ive placed top 2 at like half of them lol

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
that makes sense, i was kind of thinking that was what it was. gracias~ :)

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Not 100% sure how this system works but usually taking a set off players higher than you gains more points than you lose if you lose a set to someone higher than you
So I think i'll come out positive
Plus aerolink lost to BOTH of us so he'll lose more than either of us gain

D

Deleted member

yeah the elo system is kind of weird. If you beat someone you're higher than you gain little, if you lose to someone below you, you lose a lot. But at the same time elo can't exactly count "close" sets so even if you came to last stock last hit it still counts as LOST.

Also the weeklies at infinitys are 1/3rd which means my win vs sethlon means... a lot less.

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
How long does it usually take for the thread to get updated? I've gone to my two tournaments (who's Tyler 9 and parg3), and I'm looking forward to seeing how I stack up.

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
will we be seeing any PR updates now that LTC2 is over?
iirc, I'm pretty sure @ Oracle Oracle said that he would update it after LTC2.

Speaking of who, question Oracle: Do RR pools count toward PR at all? I'm hoping I don't get screwed by beating 4 people in pools but then going 1-2 in bracket, going negative for the tourney.

(Also, I noticed PARG3 wasn't on the upcoming tourney list in the last update. Don't forget PARG.)

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
iirc, I'm pretty sure @ Oracle Oracle said that he would update it after LTC2.

Speaking of who, question Oracle: Do RR pools count toward PR at all? I'm hoping I don't get screwed by beating 4 people in pools but then going 1-2 in bracket, going negative for the tourney.

(Also, I noticed PARG3 wasn't on the upcoming tourney list in the last update. Don't forget PARG.)
They likely won't count unfortunately. This has been a common complaint for people in situations like yours, but I understand how it will get really complicated on Oracle's end to input 20 pools and a bracket on the PR.

Oracle

Smash Master
Its not actually possible to add rr pools in this program. Im probably going tk hand it over to bec; my life is really just too busy to deal with this every tournament. My goal of the pr was to grow the scene, and its pretty clear that has been accomplished, so im proud of my work so far, but its time for me to hand over the reigns

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
Its not actually possible to add rr pools in this program. Im probably going tk hand it over to bec; my life is really just too busy to deal with this every tournament. My goal of the pr was to grow the scene, and its pretty clear that has been accomplished, so im proud of my work so far, but its time for me to hand over the reigns
I figured, that's understandable. Thanks for all the work you've done up until now.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
hooray :3

what would the purpose of a panel be @ pizzacato pizzacato ?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Good Panel > ELO > Bad Panel

imo.

Edit: Also oracle has to update this elo **** so often and its pretty stressful, it'd be easier if we did a 15-20 man panel. Sethlon/Oracle/maybe a few other people would be panelists or w/e. Update it every 2-3 months. Sound cool or am I stupid?

Last edited by a moderator:

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
I suppose a good panel could work for a small scene, but when ranking an entire state (plus some of OK?) I couldn't imagine a panel being very accurate past a top 20 or so.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I just edited my post saying we should do a 15-20 man panel. Theres absolutely NO reason to do a panel for 100+ people, it'd probably be more work than updating the ELO.

also I would like to not hear the argument "But what about all the other players outside of top 15-20?".

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
if i do end up taking over pr i was hoping to be able to update it biweekly over the weekend

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
I assume this will mean a new thread. Any chance of cutting out the pre-3.0 tourneys under your reign of power?
id have to discuss both with oracle first but i personally would like the latter

D

Deleted member

this isn't the PR we use anymore. We use one thats updated weekly on the DFW Project M group

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
oh yeah probably should have made that announcement here.
oops. oh well. thank you @ G-Rabbit G-Rabbit . but yea i run it now.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
@ Problem2 Problem2 :D thank you! one of my friends made it for me. i think it captures my essence perfectly

Last edited:

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
guys should i make a new smashboards thread for PR? or have oracle sign this one over to me somehow?

Last edited:
Top Bottom