• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5 additional character slots found from datamining patch v1.0.6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/18/all-about-ryu-and-roys-files/

There is also apparently 7 new stages as well...supposedly.

What do you guys think about this? If three of those characters are Lucas, Roy, and Ryu, then that leaves 2 more unknown character "slots". Most likely reserved for the Smash Ballot.

Apologies if this does not belong here. Delete/move/lock this topic if necessary.

EDIT: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/33242d/3ds_king_dedede_classic_bug_hints_at_new_stage/

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I question why they would add in character slots so early considering the Smash Ballot is open until October.

Those slots could very well be for characters that were pre-planned before the ballot.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Assuming these last 2 slots were NOT planned during development, I'd like K Rool & Inkling/Bayonetta to take the slots.

Though it's probably just Wolf & Snake/Squirtle/Ivysaur.

I honestly doubt they have chosen from the Smash Ballot THAT quickly....

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
hopefully these are all pre planned and hope we get like maybe 5 more from the ballot but I would not hold my breath on it but it would be awesome

ErenJager

Smash Champion
They can always add more slots, good to know we're getting a minimum of 2 more mystery ones.

Calling a second namco and second sega rep.

Last edited:

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Arrow icns were found during datamining too. We're probably getting more than 5.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
They can always add more slots, good to know we're getting a minimum of 2 more mystery ones.

Calling a second namco and second sega rep.
And if from different series than what is already in........PERFECT!

(only if Bayo is the second Sega rep.).........even if she is associated more with Platinum ect.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I still think they're people that were decided before Smash Ballot was announced. I'd argue they're most likely veterans and will probably be revealed with by August or during the August Direct. Stupidly high chance that Wolf is one of them and I'm still holding out that Ice Climbers are the other given they've had extra time to figure out their kinks.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Maybe the ballot has a multi-purpose one of ehich is determining which sega and namco characters are the most popular...

I wonder why they went ahead and preemptively made those, as they could be called, slots. Do they think that's their realistic limit for DLC? Or is that how many they're currently working on? Either way, I don't think it actually confirms anything to us. They could not fill those placeholders, or they could add more if they need more. It's interesting but all we can do with the info is fuel guesses. :C

I still think they're people that were decided before Smash Ballot was announced. I'd argue they're most likely veterans and will probably be revealed with by August or during the August Direct. Stupidly high chance that Wolf is one of them and I'm still holding out that Ice Climbers are the other given they've had extra time to figure out their kinks.
It's rare that I come across someone else who holds hope that the ICs can work on the 3DS given extra time post-release to work on a solution.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Wolf & Ice Climbers would be amazing too.

There's always the option of forgetting the about the 3DS version...

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's rare that I come across someone else who holds hope that the ICs can work on the 3DS given extra time post-release to work on a solution.
I think it's possible. They've already removed a ton of glitches and made most of the stages in the game functional for 8 Player Smash so it's clear that debugging is still a thing that's going on with both games.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Assuming these last 2 slots were NOT planned during development, I'd like K Rool & Inkling/Bayonetta to take the slots.

Though it's probably just Wolf & Snake/Squirtle/Ivysaur.

I honestly doubt they have chosen from the Smash Ballot THAT quickly....
Pretty sure it won't happen, but i'm ALL for Bayonetta in Smash4.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Ice Climbers & Wolf

Namco Rep & Sega Rep

Pichu & Young Link

The Rostabilities are endless.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Hmm....I see. The ballot is set to close in October if that is correct?
October?
That means on October they'll decide on a winner and THEN start developing the new character.
...who ever it is, we won't see him/her for a LOOONG time. D:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
No, not only one character is final in the ballot. I am pretty sure they said they will take considerations. Votes are just a general idea of what Sakurai sees. It doesn't mean he will turn every single character vote into a fighter.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
No, not only one character is final in the ballot. I am pretty sure they said they will take considerations. Votes are just a general idea of what Sakurai sees. It doesn't mean he will turn every single character vote into a fighter.
I just can imagine the madness of the say 5+ characters they may make this guy has a long over due vacation
I'm talking about Mr. Sakurai BTW

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Best Scenario.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I mean, cut veterans as predetermined DLC makes sense to me because of how abundantly clear it is that people want them back. Look at the recent major Reddit poll with 13k voters that wrapped up a few days ago. Three of the top ten most wanted were cut veterans (Snake, Wolf, and Ice Climbers, in that order) with Roy snagging 11th place. When Lucas was presented, Iwata basically came out and said "we heard you guys missed him so we added him back in." It's been 8 months since the full roster was leaked and so Nintendo has known for a long time about how fans feel about certain characters being gone. That said, it's a very easy sales pitch to make because Nintendo is well aware people like them, want them back, and would gladly pay to have them.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I posted this on another thread but these are my thoughts on the matter.

Before the Ballot was announced, 6 DLC characters were planned (More specifically, Mewtwo & Lucas along with 4 other characters). 2 of the 4 are likely to be Ryu and Roy based on evidence found in the 3DS version and Wolf since he basically owns every poll he's in; whether it be a Japanese poll or a Western poll. The last character is ambiguous because it can be anyone really. Personally, my hope (as well as my prediction) is for this slot to belong to Solid Snake who's also very missed in the Smash community. I don't really see any other character other than Roy and Wolf (who also have insane amount of support from fans) that is requested as much as Solid Snake.

As for the Ballot, that's going to last until October so whoever wins that ballot won't be implemented until probably the start of 2016 (unless Sakurai gauges what people want beforehand and creates the characters before the ballot ends so that they can be released earlier). My predictions are that K. Rool and Isaac will be the ones to win the ballot since their basically the 2 most popular choices and also the ones that make the most sense also taken in to consideration that Sakurai won't be making a lot of DLC characters as far as the Ballot is concerned (according to his tweet).

So I think we can very well end up with 8 DLC characters when everything is said and done; Mewtwo, Lucas, Ryu, Roy, Wolf, Solid Snake, Isaac, and K. Rool. Ironically, this actually lines up pretty well with the recent list I did.

(I forget to add Ken in who would be an alt for Ryu here)

The only character that's on this list that I didn't mention before are the Ice Climbers. I have a personal theory that Nintendo will make a push to port SSB4 on the new Nintendo NX console that will be released in 2016 (so I believe) so in order to push the console, they will have a bunch of new modes for the NX version like the Subspace along with an exclusive Nintendo NX character...The Ice Climbers. Would work great to push the console and solve the issue with the IC's not being able to be used on the 3DS. Then again, it's all a theory but it could very well happen.

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice
have a personal theory that Nintendo will make a push to port SSB4 on the new Nintendo NX console that will be released in 2016 (so I believe) so in order to push the console.
Slow down boy, Nintendo mentioned that the announcement of the NX platform was only to prove that they are not giving up on Video Games and the mobile platforms involvement is only an expansion of their business. They will bring details about the NX next year in 2016.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Interesting

And the same guy who found the music files right?

Which were prooien real by quite a few people.

Probably 3 more slots than the 5 then

:4mewtwo::4lucas::roypm: Ryu:wolf: ballot winner(s)

I think this is what im looking at for dlc characters.

And as for ice climbers NX theory

You mean for smash 5

Sorry dude i think that glitch is stuck as a problem for smash 4

Unrelated but TV gaming is not going anywhere just to remind this is aiming for mobile devices

home console gaming is not going anywhere

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Slow down boy, Nintendo mentioned that the announcement of the NX platform was only to prove that they are not giving up on Video Games and the mobile platforms involvement is only an expansion of their business. They will bring details about the NX next year in 2016.
I wasn't sure about the release date hence why I said "so I believe". I'm just saying that Nintendo would probably make a push for the console by making an SSB4 port with a new Subspace mode along with the IC's included.

And as for ice climbers NX theory

You mean for smash 5

Sorry dude i think that glitch is stuck as a problem for smash 4
The IC's worked well on the Wii U no? If the NX runs even more powerful than the Wii U (which it should obviously), they should work no problem.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I wasn't sure about the release date hence why I said "so I believe". I'm just saying that Nintendo would probably make a push for the console by making an SSB4 port with a new Subspace mode along with the IC's included.

The IC's worked well on the Wii U no? If the NX runs even more powerful than the Wii U (which it should obviously), they should work no problem.
But the big question is will smash 4 end up for those portables

And yes i am aware that the wii u version did have a 100% complete ice climbers

The NX portables they will probably work but i think for ice climbers to get in they have to work on the 3ds version as well.

Like sakurai said no version exclusive characters

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
But the big question is will smash 4 end up for those portables

And yes i am aware that the wii u version did have a 100% complete ice climbers

The NX portables they will probably work but i think for ice climbers to get in they have to work on the 3ds version as well.

Like sakurai said no version exclusive characters
You never know man. If their going to push a hypothetical SSB4 NX port (in which they would most likely add in extra modes in as well) it could very well happen.

Also, when did Sakurai say their would be no version exclusive character? I know that's obviously a thing with both versions of the game but I don't recall it being a rule.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I still don't see why people think the Ice Climbers are completely impossible. Sakurai said himself that they were low priority due to being retro and benched them for the initial release to focus on other characters and make the deadline. Now all they're focusing on is DLC, balancing, and debugging so I could easily see them being on the agenda again, especially when you consider all the bugs and glitches they've already been able to sort out.

sogeki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MexicanSaiyan
Wolf is basically confirmed, sakurai knows everyone wants him. So let's break it down realistically.
The character select screen doesn't look big enough to holdthat many characters. So let's say 5 more, seven total.
We have Mewtwo and Lucas, hopefully Wolf, and Ryu and Roy if that leak was true. I'd say that means a new Zelda rep and a new DK rep. Thoughts?

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Wolf is basically confirmed, sakurai knows everyone wants him. So let's break it down realistically.
The character select screen doesn't look big enough to holdthat many characters. So let's say 5 more, seven total.
We have Mewtwo and Lucas, hopefully Wolf, and Ryu and Roy if that leak was true. I'd say that means a new Zelda rep and a new DK rep. Thoughts?
so you say 7 in total what I think would be some what realistic I would say Mew2,Lucas,Roy,Ryu,Wolf, Ice Climber,K Rool
I think those may be the proper pre ballot But this is just a hypothesis

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Bringing Wolf back and not the Ice Climbers would just be cruel. As I noted, those two are pretty much the only Nintendo owned cut Brawl veterans that people even really care about. In fact, I just go ahead in say it, they shouldn't even really be counted in the Smash Ballot because it's so apparent that people want them. If Wolf had been announced instead of Lucas, you know that he'd still be in the top ten and, given Roy and the Ice Climbers were only 9 votes apparent in the big Reddit poll, it'd pretty much be the same situation. This is why I personally hope those last two are Wolf and the Ice Climbers because I don't think they need to "fight their way back in" because they already made it at least once and have sizable fanbases that already know that they'd them in Smash.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I think all 5 are Pre-Ballet characters. So Lucas, Roy, Ryu plus probably Wolf and one other who I figure might be Ice Climbers (if they can get them to work) or Snake or some special newcomer they think would work.

After that, We would have 57 Characters. Leaving 3 good spots for Ballet choices to make an even 60 Characters. I think that would be great. King K. Rool will probably be one of the Ballet characters. I could also see Inkling (if Splatoon is good), Dixie Kong, Isaac, Banjo-Kazooie or Rayman taking up the last two spots.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ice Climbers are pretty much done though. The only thing that's stopping them from being released is the 3DS version. Should Sakurai be able to solve that problem, they would get released right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom