• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Rosalina-MP10.png

Welcome to the new Rosalina general/social thread. This thread will serve as the successor of the old general/social thread that has been around since the speculation period for Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U.

Much like with the old general/social thread, this thread will serve to bring up conversations that don't belong anywhere else at Rosalina's sub-forum. This includes game discussions, introductions, social talk, and even topics involving Rosalina.

However, before posting here, please follow the rules that are displayed below.
  • No spam posts
    • Do not make posts that serve no purpose whatsoever. This includes the usage of spam images.
  • No image-only posts
    • If you want to post an image, please be sure to type a full sentence that mentions the image itself.
    • Image-only posts will be treated as spam.
  • Be civilized towards other users
    • When making conversations, please be polite and civil with the other users who post.
    • Please do not start up any unnecessary arguments.
  • Spoiler tag tall images
    • When posting images, please pay attention to how large their height is. If an image's height is too tall (over 800 pixels), then you should put it in a spoiler tag so that it won't be an eyesore for the other users.
    • To create a spoiler tag, type [spoiler][/spoiler].
  • Do not quote embedded videos
    • While you are permitted to embed videos here, please do not quote posts that contain embedded videos, as too many videos on a single page can potentially cause a user's browser to slow down.
    • Instead, tag a user if you want to discuss the video that was posted.
    • Alternatively, you can remove the video from the quoted post.
  • Do not post inappropriate content
    • Inappropriate images and conversations are "not" allowed here at all.
      • This includes all human cannibalism depictions.
    • Do not bring up "any" sexual topics here.
      • This includes talking about a female character's body.
      • Certain words are also used for sexual talk. Please be careful with what you're typing.
    • This is your only warning. Any users who are caught breaking this rule "will" receive an infraction.
  • Follow the Terms and Rules
    • The SmashBoards rules are applied here as well.
  • Report is your friend
    • If you catch any posts that are breaking any of the rules mentioned above, don't be afraid to make a report. The SmashBoards staff will try to handle the report as quickly as possible.
With that said, please enjoy your stay at the new Rosalina general/social thread.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Today is this thread's grand opening, but before it's open for posting, I just have to bring something up.

I must deeply apologize for the mishap that took place at the old social thread. The image removals were reckless, as I misinterpreted the offense that was taking place at that time. I hope that I don't make that same mistake again, but I do want users to keep note that they do need to be careful with the kinds of images that they post here. Also, be careful with what you're typing as well.

Anyway, if you're ever confused with the way the rules are worded, you can always send me a private message, and I'll do my best to help you out.

With that out of the way, this thread is now open for business.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Why does that incident have to do with the thread's closure? It was you who close the thread if I had not mistaken.

I can only tell you that you did before will drift some users away from this thread.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Yay, fresh thread. Guys, Rosalina is pretty cool, isn't she?

I feel like sharing my current 3DS Home Menu. It's been like this for a while.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

My theme are randomized. But I still haven't got Rosalina's theme.
My theme are: Smash 1~4, Mario, Mario Mustache, Mario items, Xenoblade Monado, Xenoblade Gaur plains.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Just passing by to say that this is sexist.

This includes talking about a female character's body.
So talking about Males is ok ... alright.

I honestly don't feel that the thread should have been re-made , (never got the chance to say so) , since the main problem wasn't any of the common participants , so this is very pointless to the extend.

I would like to discuss a little bit about the fact that Rosalina has only 1 outfit so far in the Olympic games , which shouldn't be the case unless she is restricted or a rival in the Wii U version.
But i don't want to get warned , so i guess i'm not allowed to talk about that.

Last edited:

Royug

Smash Cadet
Just some really stupid drama, mainly coming from Mario & Sonic Guy. In my opinion it was pretty pointless to close the old thread and make a new one. But I almost never post in the social so whatever.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
User was warned for this post
Too bad that the last thread was nearing the 400 page... It's just basically a recycle of the Rosalina Threads. I don't know if that should be a good or a bad thing here, but at least we can still share news and info on Rosalina here. Just one question, should Rosalina's power-ups count as new outfits or, I don't know, something? I really have a thing for Rosalina in a ponytail, it's elegant.

Just passing by to say that this is sexist.

So talking about Males is ok ... alright.

I honestly don't feel that the thread should have been re-made , (never got the chance to say so) , since the main problem wasn't any of the common participants , so this is very pointless to the extend.

I would like to discuss a little bit about the fact that Rosalina has only 1 outfit so far in the Olympic games , which shouldn't be the case unless she is restricted or a rival in the Wii U version.
But i don't want to get warned , so i guess i'm not allowed to talk about that.
You can, just that you got to abide by the rules that M&SG posted. I think that Nintendo wants us to find out, thus the reasoning of no new outfits news. Just like Super Mario 3D World, but power-ups was the case.

EDIT: Sorry, I was pretty hyped up. That explains the double posting, I've nearly forgotten about that.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just so that users are aware, please avoid double posting here. If no one replies after you and you have more things to bring up, you can always edit your last post.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Time to get back into the swing of things. I hope we can all look past the past dramas and focus on more enjoyable times. I really do enjoy chatting with you all and it's great to contribute to sharing that Rosalina love all around. All though we don't have much new with her besides Mini Mario & Friends and the Olympics, I'm sure we'll find something new and interesting to discuss. So let's make something happen.

All hail Pretty Rosalina and her little bundles of joy Lumas!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think I will really come here for anything except news and to post my own art and content.

I do have a piece to share though. I made this on Mother's Day (which was last Sunday here in the UK & Ireland).

I basically just touched up my old Roslaina drawing, and used it for this little card cover (everything else was done from scratch).

I didn't actually make it for my mother specifically since I didn't think a Rosalina themed thing would be of interest to her, but she saw it on my Facebook and seemed to actually like it, so that was nice. I did other stuff for her anyway.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Can I talk about Nabbit's body, considering its gender hasn't been revealed yet?

On a more serious topic, I hope Lumas make an appearance as referees in the Olympics.
Or make more appearances in general, be it as a part of Rosalina's character (like in MKWii and Smash)
It'd make a nice way to see a return to the motherly portrayal of Rosalina while still experimenting with her.
Kinda like the Koopa Clown Car adds something to Bowser Jr's portrayal.

The maps change depending on the theme?
That's cool, I like the little glitter stars on these.

The previous thread also made me play MK7 to listen to voice clips and look at Rosalina's portrayal in general.
It's okay for such a shoddy looking game.
Wish Kerri Kane voiced more instead of just being credited though, she did a good job.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Can I talk about Nabbit's body, considering its gender hasn't been revealed yet?
I'd recommend that you don't if it's going to be sexual. But if it's just something like "why he's wearing a bandanna to cover his mouth", that's more tame. Just be careful with what you're typing.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I think , being fair , that one of the reasons why i like Kerri Kane a little more than Laura Faye Smith as Rosalina is because she says more ''whoo'' than Laura. Rosalina most common sound when getting boosts in MKWii as well as tricking and slipping it's Wooo! so i kinda miss that.

Though , Laura has more sass than Kerri in her voice , which is personally enjoy a lot , that's the reason why i use her mostly in the voice mods i made for MKDS as Rosalina.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I think , being fair , that one of the reasons why i like Kerri Kane a little more than Laura Faye Smith as Rosalina is because she says more ''whoo'' than Laura. Rosalina most common sound when getting boosts in MKWii as well as tricking and slipping it's Wooo! so i kinda miss that.

Though , Laura has more sass than Kerri in her voice , which is personally enjoy a lot , that's the reason why i use her mostly in the voice mods i made for MKDS as Rosalina.
And it sounds so calm as well.
Better to Woo than to Woohoo IMO

But it almost is Rosalina's only voice in MK7 sadly.

Moderator Edit: For future reference, please remove any embedded videos from the post that you're quoting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I really do hope Rosalina makes an appearance in Paper Mario Color Splash. I do hope she wouldn't be only Cameo or amiibo function only. Wouldn't it be amazing if Mario can somehow go to space and get to meet Rosalina?

On the subject of Lumas, I agree with @falcomaster2000 that Lumas are a bundle of joy, these days, Lumas seem to be extinct. I mean, Lumas should have as much rights as Toads in the games, it surely can't hurt to put them in the audience now would it? I can only imagine having Lumas in the audience watching their mama perform.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I also think this is a good opportunity to include Rosalina in the Paper Mario games.

If only Color Splash was more Like TYD ... then Rosalina could be a potential partner.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't really care whether or not Rosalina appears in that game myself.

I mean if she does, then cool, but I don't see them doing anything interesting with her.

If only she was in Super Paper Mario. That game's narrative was amazing.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If this thread is gonna be just as strict as the old one, then I ain't gonna be here often as I used to.

I still have that bitter sour taste in my mouth over what transpired.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh yeah, since other people shared, here is my 3DS menu.

IMAG0313.jpg

Got all of the Rosalina badges so far, as far as I know.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I don't think I will really come here for anything except news and to post my own art and content.

I do have a piece to share though. I made this on Mother's Day (which was last Sunday here in the UK & Ireland).

I basically just touched up my old Roslaina drawing, and used it for this little card cover (everything else was done from scratch).

I didn't actually make it for my mother specifically since I didn't think a Rosalina themed thing would be of interest to her, but she saw it on my Facebook and seemed to actually like it, so that was nice. I did other stuff for her anyway.

Blue Luma: She's mine! All mine!
I really do hope Rosalina. makes an appearance in Paper Mario Color Splash. I do hope she wouldn't be only Cameo or amiibo function only. Wouldn't it be amazing if Mario can somehow go to space and get to meet Rosalina?

On the subject of Lumas, I agree with @falcomaster2000 that Lumas are a bundle of joy, these days, Lumas seem to be extinct. I mean, Lumas should have as much rights as Toads in the games, it surely can't hurt to put them in the audience now would it? I can only imagine having Lumas in the audience watching their mama perform.
You were trying to tag me, right?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've managed to complete everything in Yoshi's Woolly World today, though I did do this achievement in Mellow Mode.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My headcanon for what Nabbit is, is that he's actually a robot made by Bowser Jr, that Jr was designing to be a playmate and best friend (we saw in Paper Jam that he was feeling very lonely). However, he messed up in programming the A.I, and Nabbit went rogue, Proto-Man style. This is why he looks very "home-made", and has a neckerchief thing similar to Bowser Jr's.

One of the functions he was going to be designed to have was to collect machinery parts for Jr, but that also messed up, and so now, he just wants to nab anything that's shiny.

I feel like Nintendo could make Nabbit a legitimately interesting character if they dropped this bomb.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Also I may as well share this terrible decision I made.

So you basically named Link, Rosalina? That's quite an amusing predicament there.

Oh wait, after reading the subtitles further, I just realized that Rosalina is the name that you gave to Epona. Boy do I feel dumb there.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Does anyone think a 100% playthrough of Super Mario 3D World as Rosalina would be a good idea for a video series? With commentary that is.

You obviously can't play through a fresh file with her, but you can play through one that is already 100%'d, and simply "pretend" to collect every item, since Green Stars and Stamps that are already collected still appear in a transparent form.

I ask because I noticed that there really isn't any full playthrough with her due to not being unlocked until after the final boss fight with Bowser. As a result, there really isn't a lot of good footage that shows off what she can do in the hands of a good player...besides, well, my own speed runs with her.

So I thought it might be a good idea to make a playthrough of the game, but play exclusively as Rosalina. Seems like a niche I could fill that might get a decent amount of attention.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Now that Super Rosalina 4D World was mentioned, I wonder why she herself has restriction on her powers. I mean, sure it wouldn't function right if more abilities were added, but all she really has is the spin and her power-ups, and that's just it. So far in games, Rosalina is known to control the cosmos, possess telekinesis, fly, astronomical auras, form supernovas, travel lightyears, manipulate gravity, teleport, telepathy, warp, hold powers of the Comet Observatory, and many more. I really wonder when Nintendo will start adding all of Rosalina's abilities and skills in one game. For all I know, Rosalina's secrets are as deep as the depth of space and massive as celestial bodies.

Does anyone think a 100% playthrough of Super Mario 3D World as Rosalina would be a good idea for a video series? With commentary that is.

You obviously can't play through a fresh file with her, but you can play through one that is already 100%'d, and simply "pretend" to collect every item, since Green Stars and Stamps that are already collected still appear in a transparent form.

I ask because I noticed that there really isn't any full playthrough with her due to not being unlocked until after the final boss fight with Bowser. As a result, there really isn't a lot of good footage that shows off what she can do in the hands of a good player...besides, well, my own speed runs with her.

So I thought it might be a good idea to make a playthrough of the game, but play exclusively as Rosalina. Seems like a niche I could fill that might get a decent amount of attention.
To answer your question, yes, yes it would. If you want to upload the video here, make sure it's PG13, there might be younger audiences here. And you should do that, you're really good with Super Mario 3D World!

I'm just waiting to see if there is a game where I can master, to dominate, using Rosalina, of course.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Now that Super Rosalina 4D World was mentioned, I wonder why she herself has restriction on her powers. I mean, sure it wouldn't function right if more abilities were added, but all she really has is the spin and her power-ups, and that's just it. So far in games, Rosalina is known to control the cosmos, possess telekinesis, fly, astronomical auras, form supernovas, travel lightyears, manipulate gravity, teleport, telepathy, warp, hold powers of the Comet Observatory, and many more. I really wonder when Nintendo will start adding all of Rosalina's abilities and skills in one game. For all I know, Rosalina's secrets are as deep as the depth of space and massive as celestial bodies.

To answer your question, yes, yes it would. If you want to upload the video here, make sure it's PG13, there might be younger audiences here. And you should do that, you're really good with Super Mario 3D World!

I'm just waiting to see if there is a game where I can master, to dominate, using Rosalina, of course.
In the Iwata Asks for 3D World, they state that Rosalina loses the spin when she gets a suit because they felt she would be too overpowered if she could still do it with suits.

Normal Rosalina is still the best form in the game all around though, and is basically overpowered.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Even with Rosalina's Star Spin though, I've found myself being more reliant on the Super Leaf power-up for a good portion of Super Mario 3D World's courses. Some of the courses are too tough without that power-up after all.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I also think this is a good opportunity to include Rosalina in the Paper Mario games.

If only Color Splash was more Like TYD ... then Rosalina could be a potential partner.
I'd prefer a Luma getting that role, with Rosalina getting a part in the story of aquiring said Luma, while also acting like Merlin and the various brothers/sisters.

Since Paper Mario OC's can't exist anyway.

MaJoR MuCuS

Smash Apprentice
Rosalina's HQ leotard render from the Rio games is out.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
In the Iwata Asks for 3D World, they state that Rosalina loses the spin when she gets a suit because they felt she would be too overpowered if she could still do it with suits.

Normal Rosalina is still the best form in the game all around though, and is basically overpowered.
Wow, I didn't know that. I gotta find the Iwata Asks video for 3D World then.

And then they still have Peach floating + Tanooki Fluttering = OP
Nintendo logic.
That also applies to Super Smash with Peach and the Tanooki.

Top Bottom