• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Alabama Melee Power Rankings (6/10/2016 update)

moogle

Smash Ace
Ranking Criteria
You will be positioned not strictly on tournament placings, but who you play in tournament, their status as a player and how it went down. If tournament results are too close to decide placings we will use our best judgement. You have to live in Alabama and you have to be an active player. If you don't go to tournaments or even smash fests with recognized players for too long, you will likely be taken off the rankings.

1. j00t :falconmelee:
2. moogle :sheikmelee:
3. Super Fang Chan :icsmelee:
4. Zoma :foxmelee: :sheikmelee:
5. Alex16 :marthmelee:
6. Dron :foxmelee:
7. Raisin :peachmelee:
8. Cashmere John :falcomelee:
9. Tieske :marthmelee:
10. Slim Jesus :marthmelee:

Archives
Top 10 in Alabama (minus Mobile area)
3. Keno :peachmelee:
4. Zylo :foxmelee:
5. Zoma :foxmelee: :sheikmelee:
6. Dron :foxmelee:
7. saintrage :falcomelee:
8. Fang :icsmelee:
9. NinKenDo64 :falcomelee: :sheikmelee:
10. BuckNasty :jigglypuffmelee:

Top 10 in the Mobile area
1. Ragnarock - :foxmelee:
2. Mikeyy - :icsmelee:
3. Sickolas - :falcomelee:
4. Raisin - :peachmelee:
5. Wafe - :linkmelee: :jigglypuffmelee:
6. GingerJesus - :luigimelee:
7. James - :jigglypuffmelee:
8. Lee - :drmario:
9. KJU - :falconmelee: :nessmelee:
10. J$ - :foxmelee: :bowsermelee:
3. ragnarock :foxmelee:
4. RAM :luigimelee:
5. Keno :peachmelee:
6. Zylo :foxmelee:
7. saintrage :falcomelee:
8. Spade :samusmelee:
9. Mikeyy :icsmelee:
10. Jimb0 :falcomelee:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU_k6Sz1jbA

1. J00t :falconmelee:
2. Moogle :sheikmelee:
3. Ragnarock :??:
4. Keno :peachmelee:
5. St. Rage :falcomelee:
6. Zylo :foxmelee:
7. Mikeyy :icsmelee:
8. Jimb0 :falcomelee:
9. Dron :foxmelee:
10. Wafe :linkmelee: :jigglypuffmelee:

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Grats on updating the melee PR, and thanks for the HM tidbit on the bottom. While it may not bring complete satisfactory to the state I do think it's a nice effort.

Also, where are the Marth mains at?

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
The Only reason why i wouldn't be qualified for this list is because i wasn't a Alabama Representative during the creation of this list. Mark My words I will be on the next one.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
The Only reason why i wouldn't be qualified for this list is because i wasn't a Alabama Representative during the creation of this list. Mark My words I will be on the next one.
Beat some ranked players and you'll definitely be up for consideration.

Child Star

Smash Ace
Wheres the top 10 in Child Star's basement list?

Edit: It breaks my heart to not see Jim on the list anymore.

Last edited:

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Why am I(Lansky) not on the PR? My tournament placings are at least better than #10 and though I attend less tournaments, I've placed higher than him

Latest bracket where I 2-0'd a top 10 seeded player: http://challonge.com/MELEESINGLESDTYP2
Also a bracket where I 2-0 #10: http://smashboards.com/data/rankings/6061.jpg
After checking out your tournament history you seem like you'd be disqualified from being ranked for the same reasons that Mikey and Rag are. Also, your tournament results themselves don't seem to be particularly impressive or indicative of someone who would be ranked even if eligible. Unless you're talking about the Mobile PR, in which case feel free to deathmatch/whatever you folks do in Mobile.

GingerJesus

Smash Rookie
NNID
GingerJesus115
I'm targeting the Mobile PR
Hey, bud, you see, fret not. You were up for consideration for the tenth spot, I promise. When this PR was made, J$ was a more active player than you, and we based it more on that decision. Come out more and we'll get to it on the next revision, because I've actually seen you more as of late. Also, we went out to the biweekly thing, and no one was there. I was sad.

Edit: with that being said, we will update in the summer when have more to work with, seeing that the Baldwin County area is becoming more active. Aim as high as you like for the next one, man, and I'm sorry if you feel you've been misrepresented in any way. All of you dudes should come out to HP. Don't know 80% of the players on that PR you guys made a while back.

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I haven't been coming out to much because of work and school, but I should be more active soon.

And I'll take that #10 spot, no complaints. Lansky is definitely good too, but I'd say we do about the same most of the time. Though to be fair, I haven't been going to as many tourneys so I wouldn't be surprised for him to be above me.

Last edited:

GingerJesus

Smash Rookie
NNID
GingerJesus115
I haven't been coming out to much because of work and school, but I should be more active soon.

And I'll take that #10 spot, no complaints. Lansky is definitely good too, but I'd say we do about the same most of the time. Though to be fair, I haven't been going to as many tourneys so I wouldn't be surprised for him to be above me.
Once we get an accurate representation of all of your players, we'll give it a good rework. All of the bottom five places on our PR are up for grabs, tbh. A lot of your players are not present due to unfamiliarity. I think less than half have made it out to HP, which you gotta travel somewhere to be considered. I don't really care for hidden bosses, or else Cruz would be on the PR.

Core

Smash Rookie
Once we get an accurate representation of all of your players, we'll give it a good rework. All of the bottom five places on our PR are up for grabs, tbh. A lot of your players are not present due to unfamiliarity. I think less than half have made it out to HP, which you gotta travel somewhere to be considered. I don't really care for hidden bosses, or else Cruz would be on the PR.
Couple of us from Fairhope and Daphne are looking to be more active coming up, can't go to HP because of exams the following week but we'll be at the next Pensacola tourney. Hopefully we'll be able to change that some ;). Our best three can easily take sets of J$ and maybe more as we get better.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Couple of us from Fairhope and Daphne are looking to be more active coming up, can't go to HP because of exams the following week but we'll be at the next Pensacola tourney. Hopefully we'll be able to change that some ;). Our best three can easily take sets of J$ and maybe more as we get better.
Who are you again??

Get this Bowser

I don't recall ever playing you before, I wouldn't make such claims so easily

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I hope to see it during the HPM Stream. Good luck J$
Actually can't go to HP, gotta prep for finals and stuff. Idk when this is gonna go down but it'll be hype.

I'm gonna go to a ****ing tourney as soon as I can, I've been getting absolutely bodied by work and school.

NNID
MasterIcarus7
I'll take that bet, let's play soon so you can get 3-0d by the youngest Melee/PM player in the state.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I'll money match any Mobile players up to $100 at bham brawl, if you're willing to make the drive.

Last edited:

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
Since there is two power rankings and Im traveling to both. Can I only be on one of the power rankings? I travel to mobile (when i lived in pensacola)quite often and I've played down there in numerous tournaments over the last 2 years.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Since there is two power rankings and Im traveling to both. Can I only be on one of the power rankings? I travel to mobile (when i lived in pensacola)quite often and I've played down there in numerous tournaments over the last 2 years.
As long as you go to other tournaments in the state besides just HPM you'll still be up for consideration for the PR.

Last edited:
Top Bottom