• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North MD/VA Presents: *Pound* 2016 - April 2-3, 2016 - Tyson's Corner, VA

MD/VA Presents: *Pound* 2016 - April 2-3, 2016 - Tyson's Corner, VA
Posted by Plairnkk
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner Tysons Galleria, 1700 Tysons Blvd, McLean, VA 22102
Saturday, April 2, 2016 - 08:00 AM
Until: Sunday, April 3, 2016 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Plairnkk

Smash Legend

Pound 2016
Pound 2016
SMASH.

The original East Coast national tournament series has made it's return! *Pound* 2016 is here and poised to deliver the best national tournament experience the East Coast has to offer. The all-star tournament organizer trio of Nintendude, Plank, and Tantalus have joined forces with VGBootCamp's broadcasting team for the event.

The Facebook group is located here: https://www.facebook.com/events/988652824539364/
Please confirm your interest/attendance!

****REGISTRATION ****
https://smash.gg/pound2016
Early bird venue fee of $40 has ended. Discounted venue fee of $50 continues through the last day of January. Beginning February 01, 2016, the venue fee increases to $60

****HOTEL****
Discounted rooms at the Ritz-Carlton will be $129/night
Booking Link: https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/TysonsCorner/Reservations/Default.htm?gc=PTSPTSA
Hotel contact number: 1-800-241-3333
Group Name: Pound Tournament Series
Group Code: PTSPTSA

Please follow us on Twitter! @Pound_Series https://twitter.com/pound_series

More information about the Ritz Carlton in Tysons Corner
- Over 20,000 square feet of venue space with a luxurious 14,000 square foot ballroom.

- One of the most accessible venues in Smash tournament history. It is less than a 10-minute walk from the Tysons Corner Metro Station meaning that you can take the Metro directly from Reagan Airport (DCA) or Union Station to the venue for about $5. Additionally, shuttles run every 15 minutes from Dulles Airport (IAD) to Wiehle-Reston (just a few stops from Tysons) for only $5.

- The Ritz-Carlton is literally connected to the Tysons Galleria Mall, and is a 10-minute walk from Tysons Corner Center. These are the two largest malls in the entire DMV region.

- A 25-minute ride on the Metro takes you into the heart of our nation's capital. Great for sightseeing around the Smithsonian museums and National Mall area and plenty of nightlife. If you are coming from out of town, I recommend spending an extra day or two if possible to take advantage of the sightseeing opportunities around here. Our date coincides with peak cherry blossom season and The National Cherry Blossom Festival. This is the most beautiful time of year to visit DC.

IoSSBM

Smash Cadet
Glad to see big tourneys near my area, with SSC and Pound being very close. Thanks guys for hosting the event, I'm super pumped and I think by the time Pound rolls around, I would've practiced enough to get a top placement.

Ph1l

Smash Cadet
Sounds sick. Even if I can't go I'll still be watching an stream!

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
I'll be training night and day for this event. Hyped for this event, can't wait to attend.

Regimaster57

Smash Rookie
This seems like the best option for a second tournament for me. Hopefully I'll be able to go, and bring a friend this time!

IoSSBM

Smash Cadet
There was a long time between the end of Pound 5 and the actual payout. We are talking around 5 years. Plank has become better about that, though.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
There was a long time between the end of Pound 5 and the actual payout. We are talking around 5 years. Plank has become better about that, though.
Imagine thinking that this^ is ok

Last edited:

MDShaggy

Smash Rookie
So how much of the pot is Plank gonna steal this year?

Last edited:

Zebkeet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ivan_Revi_Adames
He already paid everyone lol. and other than that, the tournament's always been amazingly run. this isn't apex, lmao

Top Bottom