• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Rosalina Match-Up Analysis R2 - Rosalina (Mirror Match)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina Match-Up Analysis R2 - Rosalina (Mirror Match)

Welcome to the Rosalina vs. Rosalina match-up analysis thread. This thread will be used to analyze Rosalina's match-up against herself. For all the rules on the round 2 match-up discussions, please refer to the directory thread.

Unlike with all the other match-up analysis threads, score inputs will NOT be recorded here, as all mirror match scorings are treated as an even 50:50. As a result, this thread is solely here to discuss how Rosalina can handle her own attacks, especially when customizations are involved.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Something I'm sure most of us have realized but it bears mentioning: The game makes no attempt to distinguish our Lumas from each other. This makes it hard to keep track of which Luma is ours in some situations.

I'd also opt for Guardian Luma over Gravitational Pull in a customs environment. Floaty/Shooting Star Bit aren't threatening enough to bother absorbing IMO.

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
It can be difficult to keep track on which Luma is ours when we have our the same color. Who ever gets rid of Luma first, gets a easier time on the battle field. Forward smash, down smash(back hit), forward tile, and dash attack can separate them and get Luma off stage. Both can juggle each other and gimp each other as well.

Customs, I'll take my chances with Guardian Luma over Gravitational Pull since the default is not that useful on current situations in my book. Same with Shooting Bit even though I'm starting to like the default one for mindgames, spacing, and stopping approaches.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
The matchup is quite frustrating to play, as it's the one case where being without Luma makes you a strictly worse character than your opponent, and the relative ease Rosalina has in killing the opposing Luma means this matchup is a case of whoever can snowball their lead harder.

The most reliable ways I've found of killing Luma at its lowest percents would either be a dash attack into forward air ( be sure to connect with each hit, as having the Luma fall out doesn't set it into tumble ), or to poke it with a max range Luma forward smash. Due to Luma's frailty, I'm hesitant to try playing with Luma separately, but I could see it working being piloted by someone extremely skilled with that playstyle.

Other than killing the Luma, I think this is a matchup that should largely be played on the ground. Rosalina just has amazing anti air tools, and her main jump in ( nair ) is painfully forecasted. The neutral should mainly consist of careful footsie spacing, using her relatively quick pivot, and shield approaches to catch the opponent overextending their Luma, then counterpoking it to seize the advantage.

MeteorSpike

Smash Cadet
In this MU I find that either both Rosa's stalemate each other in the neutral, either poking away at each other's shields or nicking away at each others' luma's hp pools, or one Rosa commits to an aerial attack.
In the event of the latter, the defending Rosa can either preempt the offending Rosa's aerial with USmash, or the defender will rely on shield(grab) or movement/evasion.
Rosa is more than tall enough to be hit by the first hit of luma's NAir, which makes it an all-too attractive poke, but can also be preempted by Rosa's good anti-airs.

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
Does anyone have some Rosalina ditto footage?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina's mirror match dilemma is being analyzed again for this week. If you have anything to contribute for the mirror match, especially in regards to the newest software update, this is the place to do it.

Top Bottom