• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Aug 22, 2015] Smash @ Top Games ft. Melee, PM, WiiU (Gardendale, AL)

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Facebook Event Page

Top Games
1058 Main St.
Gardendale, AL 35071

Registration begins at 1:00 PM
Tournaments begin at 3:00 PM

$5 Venue Fee (waived with complete Melee, PM, or WiiU setup)
$5 Entry Fee/event

70/20/10 Pot Split

General Rules
Best of 3 Sets
Winners Finals, Losers Finals, & Grand Finals are Best of 5 Sets

• Game Settings: 4 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, No Items, Pause Disabled
  • Starter stages: Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land.
  • Counter-pick stages: Pokemon Stadium.
  • Wobbling is legal. Freezing and infinite stalling are not legal.
  • First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
  • Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
  • Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.
  • Any matches that are best of five, there are no stage bans.
  • You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.
  • Game Version: 3.6 Full
  • Game Settings: 4 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, Items Off
  • Alternate Stages are not allowed
  • Input Buffer is disabled
  • Excessive stalling is banned
  • In the event of sudden death due to a suicide move, the player who initiated the move wins
  • All chain grabs and infinites are legal
  • Pause disabled. If left on, accidental pausing mid-match forfeits a stock.
  • First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
  • Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
  • Following stages decided by winner banning two stages from all stages and then loser choosing.
  • If time runs outs, the tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, a 1 stock, 3 minute match is played.
  • Giga Bowser and Warioman are banned.
  • Starter Stages: Green Hill Zone, Pokémon Stadium 2, Battlefield, Smashville, Dreamland
  • Counterpick Stages: Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Story, WarioWare, Final Destination, Norfair, Fountain of Dreams
  • Game Settings: 2 Stock, 6 Minute Time Limit, Items Off, Equipment Off
  • Custom Moves are allowed
  • Mii Fighters, Mewtwo, Roy, Lucas, and Ryu are all tournament legal characters.
  • Amiibo fighters are banned.
  • Order of events: Pick characters, then stage striking, then custom move selection.
  • Starter Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination/Omega Stages, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Town & City
  • Counterpick Stages: Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Duck Hunt, Halberd, Dream Land 64, Peach's Castle 64
  • Following stages decided by winner banning two stages from all stages and then loser choosing.
  • First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1(1)-P2(2)-P1(2)-P2(2)-P1(1) order.
  • Allowed controllers: WiiU Pro Controller & GameCube Controller.

Last edited:

Keet

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably be there. Can I go ahead and reserve a set up spot so I don't have to pay the venue fee?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Does the set up count only if all customs are unlocked? If not I can provide a setup as well.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Smash is now on its own day and has been moved from the 8th to the 22nd. Everyone take note. Venue has also been lowered from $10 to $5. And we'll probably do PM. Someone give me a ruleset for that game.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
All right, Jake, I'll take a look at it. Yeah, PM setups will waive the venue fee too.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
That stage list is pretty outdated though. 3.6 usually runs something like ps2, bf, sv, green hill and delphino as starters.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
I just looked up the "Smashboards official" ruleset for guidelines, it's up to everyone else from there. I can probably talk me and my friends into coming to this

Smoof

Smash Cadet
NNID
SmashMastr98
3DS FC
1332-7766-7726
Ok my only complaint is that for Sm4sh Lylat Cruise should be a CP and either Duck Hunt or Dream Land should be a starter haven't played on Peach's Castle so don't know what to say about that one

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
Man, I feel pretty disappointed in myself. Should've made it to top 3... Good games to everyone, though. See you guys next week!

Top Bottom