• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Rosalina Match-Up Analysis R2 - Marth

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina Match-Up Analysis R2 - Marth

Welcome to the Rosalina vs. Marth match-up analysis thread. This thread will be used to analyze Rosalina's match-up against Marth. For all the rules on the round 2 match-up discussions, please refer to the directory thread.

Last Updated: 7/26/2015
Special Moves Allowed| | :4marth:
Default only | :rosalina: | N/A
Default + Custom | :rosalina: | N/A
Default only

Default + Custom

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Marth is being analyzed again for this week. If you have anything to contribute for the match-up, especially in regards to the newest software update, this is the place to do it.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Since the recent patch I belive Marth can beat Rosa due to his new jab combo and half of he's moves having the tipper effect.His double edge dance will help him rack up damage.NeutralB is another recovery option and will protect to you but I recommend use it up high and marths moves come out way faster then before because I went against some Marth players as Lucina and we both did fair at the same time and Marth beat me.

BgXERO

Smash Rookie
NNID
BgXERO
Not completely experienced in the Marth mu with Rosalina, considering I have only faced only one competent Marth with her. A lot of his tools completely out space her attacks. Just being able to short hop f-air can keep Rosie out because of his tipper taking away Luma. Shield breaker pretty renders straight ground offense almost useless if the Marth wants to spam it (Which they don't really have a reason not to). The main thing that allows Rosie a chance from my few battles with her is that even though Marth has the range, once any of his moves are perfect shielded, he's open. The thing with this, however, if we use the spamming shield breaker as the attack in question. You're being risky, the threat of shield breaking and all that. Even if you perfect shield it, it will knock Luma away. If on the ledge it just allows you to move it to a ledge guarding option. Which against Rosie, I think Marth has a good chance if he's not too far from the ledge.

The thread is a little dead I know, but I want to explore Rosie a little more now.

WhiteMageBD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wmiller2533
Not completely experienced in the Marth mu with Rosalina, considering I have only faced only one competent Marth with her. A lot of his tools completely out space her attacks. Just being able to short hop f-air can keep Rosie out because of his tipper taking away Luma. Shield breaker pretty renders straight ground offense almost useless if the Marth wants to spam it (Which they don't really have a reason not to). The main thing that allows Rosie a chance from my few battles with her is that even though Marth has the range, once any of his moves are perfect shielded, he's open. The thing with this, however, if we use the spamming shield breaker as the attack in question. You're being risky, the threat of shield breaking and all that. Even if you perfect shield it, it will knock Luma away. If on the ledge it just allows you to move it to a ledge guarding option. Which against Rosie, I think Marth has a good chance if he's not too far from the ledge.

The thread is a little dead I know, but I want to explore Rosie a little more now.
Actually, Rosalina bair outranges all of Marth moves, even aerials. at worse it will trade.

Last edited:

WhiteMageBD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wmiller2533
Really? Is it just something that is difficult in practice or is it something that Luma needs to be there for?
Luma helps in that regard even more, but Rosa just has a huge hitbox with the bair because shes kicking back while creating a big disjoint galaxy. I been either trading at worse or smacking Marths out of the air with it while they did their aerial.

Last edited:

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
I think Marth will struggle more with killing Luma but is better at killing Rosa (better than Lucina). I like going Luci for Rosaluma but getting quick kills on Rosa takes a few hits more.

MU is very focus on sheild I think for Marcina; throw out ftilts.

Also I really don't agree with having a separate MU thread for Lucina and Marth

Last edited:
Top Bottom