• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Rosalina Match-Up Analysis R2 - Pit

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina Match-Up Analysis R2 - Pit

Welcome to the Rosalina vs. Pit match-up analysis thread. This thread will be used to analyze Rosalina's match-up against Pit. For all the rules on the round 2 match-up discussions, please refer to the directory thread.

Note: Do not discuss Dark Pit at this thread. Dark Pit is a separate character, and even though he's almost a complete clone of Pit, he does have some moveset differences that can potentially alter the outcome of the match-up. As a result, Dark Pit has his own separate thread, which can be found here.

Last Updated: 7/26/2015
Special Moves Allowed| | :4pit:
Default only | :rosalina: | +0.5
Default + Custom | :rosalina: | +1
Default only
Gadiel_VaStar: ±0
Wintropy: +1

Default + Custom
Wintropy: +1

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Most of what I said in the Dark Pit matchup thread applies here, though with a few notable exceptions:

- Pit's Upperdash Arm is much less effective against Luma. Launching it upwards is...really only useful for about five seconds, then the Star-Child will just drop back down and carry on unhindered. You can punish the endlag, too, so it's really a rather weak tool for this matchup overall.

- Arrow sniping is a thing even in a customs-off game. We can use fullhop arrow to nullify the endlag and maneuver it around Luma for minor damage, and this is useful for edgeguarding too.

The same rules apply otherwise, though Pit's f-tilt is strong than Dark Pit's and is a good kill move at high percents. Due to the fact that you can rely on Luma much more in this matchup, I think it's definitely in your favour, though Pit's solid fundamentals and diverse toolkit means he can hold his own until Luma is dead and then take the fight to you in a footsies game.

Matchup score:

+1

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
@ Wintropy Wintropy : Is your score under "default only" settings? Be sure to state which category your score is for.
Thanks for reminding me!

My score is referring to both. I think customs about even each-other out, so no change to my score.

Something I forgot to mention is that Rosalina can absorb Pit's arrows with Gravitational Pull. That's worth remembering.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I think this matchup is closer to even but slightly in Rosa's favor. I say it's even because offstage they both can edgeguard each other pretty well, but on the ground Pit's dash attack is annoying because it comes out so fast and can hit luma out of whatever she was doing. Rosalina can keep Pit out, but it's hard to juggle Pit because of his multiple jumps and if you miss, then you get punished because Rosalina is so floaty and her moves are committed. Pit has an easy time juggling Rosalina with upair/upsmash/grab due to his speed and good coverage. I say it's even because they both can put the hurt to each other on the ground and when edgeguarding. 50/50 IMO

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Pit is being analyzed again for this week. If you have anything to contribute for the match-up, especially in regards to the newest software update, this is the place to do it.

Top Bottom