• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Rosalina Match-Up Analysis R2 - Link

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina Match-Up Analysis R2 - Link

Welcome to the Rosalina vs. Link match-up analysis thread. This thread will be used to analyze Rosalina's match-up against Link. For all the rules on the round 2 match-up discussions, please refer to the directory thread.

Last Updated: 6/21/2015
Special Moves Allowed| | :4link:
Default only | :rosalina: | ±0
Default + Custom | :rosalina: | N/A
Default only
DarkDeity15: -1 - ±0
Konneh: ±0
mario123007: ±0

Default + Custom

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
:4link:Link
Pros

• Attacks are solid and can deal great damage
  • Dash attack is an effective attack to KO Rosalina even at 80% damage.
  • Smash attacks have two sword slash, and has quite a size of hitbox.
  • Tons of projectiles that can distract Rosalina, or take Luma out.
  • Clawshot which gives Link an impressive grab range.
Cons
  • Recovery slightly poorer than Rosalina
  • Most Smash attacks have a huge lag.
:rosalina:Rosalina & Luma
Pros
  • More efficient jab than Link, can trap him just with a consistent jab.
  • Can juggle Link easily, a couple of up tilt with Luma can do the trick.
  • Better edgeguard ability with Luma.
  • GP can deflect Links projectiles.
Cons
  • Lightweight,can't take too many damage, need to watch out of getting sweetspoted even in low damage.
  • Without Luma, Rosalina can really be a easy target for Link.
This MU really depends how Link utilizes his agility and projectiles; how Rosalina utilize luma well.
I give this MU 0 for default.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
take link to a battlefield, juggle him for days. if he is on the ground and pulls a bomb, dash attack when he throws it. dont let link throw bombs at your shield, or boomerangs, they'll wreck luma. you need luma here. if you lose luma, become a roll machine.

grabs wreck link, easy to get double uairs out of uthrow in mid-high percents.

spinning jab traps link for a long while like fox and falcon.

good links are very difficult to edgeguard unless they are recovering low, so it's better to try and punish the ledge getup. most links are gonna hookshot the ledge. if you steal link's second jump before knocking him off the stage he is an easy edge guard. he often is forced to recover with upB. approach from above, full hop off the stage and fast fall dair so your meteor hitbox connects.

not an easy MU, requires a lot of focus to get through his zoning but it's rosalina's favor.

Pixilette

Smash Rookie
[Reposted to a more appropriate thread]

I have had times where I had Luma out, Link literally just rolls past the Star bits, and then proceeds to either u-tilt juggle my Luma, turn and jab it off the stage, or come after me while I'm still in cool down from the star bits. It's to the point where I actually started wondering about Link's spotdodge, because he has also spotdodged the entire length of the star bits attack and then punished Luma with his Jab afterward. What are you supposed to do in those situations? There are also a lot of times if I send Luma out he will just retreat to the ledge and throw bombs and boomerangs at it until it dies or I call it back. He almost never directly attacks my Luma.
Also, the Link I play against uses Link's N-air a LOT- and like I mentioned (I even have the Replay evidence of this) his N-air cancels out nearly every approach I try to make, or try to cancel out of his. His N-air has canceled out my fully charged U-smash and F-smash even when he's landing on me from above, Luma's U-tilt, my F-air and B-air and even my Jab. It seems like such a safe approach option that he uses it almost exclusively, and the only time I seem to be able to punish him for it is if he misspaces it and I can grab him. Any advice on options that beat his seemingly unbeatable N-air? Lol

EleH

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssbguy13
3DS FC
3136-7287-8530
.... Any advice on options that beat his seemingly unbeatable N-air? Lol
The only thing I can really recommend against Link's nair is to move outta the way and punish the landing lag with an usmash or something... Link's nair has a ton of priority, there really isn't much you can do besides move outta the way/shield it then punish.

I should know, I play Kirby. Kirby has a ton of high priority moves, and none get past that nair :/

Konneh

Smash Cadet
One thing I have not seen mentioned yet in these posts is the fact that Link's Dair is a really strong edgeguard in this matchup if he gets Rosalina to recover low. I feel like Rosalina has the edge in the neutral game, as Link cannot force her to approach with his projectiles, but he has the speed and power to kill Luma and gets more reward off of neutral game wins.
Both characters have a lot of things going for them, but I can't really think of anything that truly invalidates the other characters options or puts them in a significant disadvantage in the neutral, advantaged or disadvantaged state of the game.

I think this matchup, default only, is ±0.
Customs are not done in my region, thus I can't comment on them.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Link is being analyzed again for this week. If you have anything to contribute for the match-up, especially in regards to the newest software update, this is the place to do it.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Well the most knowledgeable person we have on the MU thinks you guys hate him, so yeah. All I can say about this MU is that Link destroys Luma and there isn't much Rosa can do about it. He'll be going for Fair and Ftilt a lot since those moves are the safest and most reliable ways to swat Luma away or kill him, so keep Luma as safe as you can. Link also edge guards/gimps Rosalina pretty hard since her up b has no hit box, and Link's edge guard and off stage game are quite frankly amazing. That's not to say you can't get around it though. Recovering high for example might be pretty good if Link isn't expecting it. Positioning Luma right below the ledge actually isn't that useful since Link can just hit him with a well spaced up b and reach the ledge anyways, though you can punish tether recoveries that way. Overall I believe it's in Link's favor, though I might've gotten a few things wrong so feel free to call those out.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I'd say it's about +1 in Link's favor, though it could very well be even. Anyways Nimious, the one who I referenced will be posting here soon. He's the one with results and he also dual mains Rosalina, so he'll no doubt be more knowledgeable on this subject. I won't take offense if you took him more seriously.

Last edited:
Top Bottom