• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Rosalina Match-Up Analysis R2 - Diddy Kong

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina Match-Up Analysis R2 - Diddy Kong

Welcome to the Rosalina vs. Diddy Kong match-up analysis thread. This thread will be used to analyze Rosalina's match-up against Diddy Kong. For all the rules on the round 2 match-up discussions, please refer to the directory thread.

Last Updated: 7/5/2015
Special Moves Allowed| | :4diddy:
Default only | :rosalina: | ±0
Default + Custom | :rosalina: | +1
Default only
mario123007: -1
shane3x: +1

Default + Custom
shane3x: +1

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I have not even the slightest clue who has the advantage after Diddy's nerfs, but I do think Guardian Luma is the better down special option for this matchup. Bananas count as items and are still pulled in while peanuts aren't really threatening enough to worry about IMO. (You can also pick them up with good timing so maybe they're items too? Need to test, but I'm away from my game for a few days.)

JaggedToaster

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3566-1736-1557
I have not even the slightest clue who has the advantage after Diddy's nerfs, but I do think Guardian Luma is the better down special option for this matchup. Bananas count as items and are still pulled in while peanuts aren't really threatening enough to worry about IMO. (You can also pick them up with good timing so maybe they're items too? Need to test, but I'm away from my game for a few days.)
I'm positive peanuts can be pulled in.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
:4diddy:Diddy Kong
Pros
  • Fast ground and air attacks, Smash attacks have a powerful launch power too.
  • Has quite an impressive attack range
  • Bananas can be an item to trip opponents, and peanut can stung opponents as well
  • A quite fair backthrow
Cons
  • Recovery is a bit hard to control. Easily get stage spiked.
  • The Hoohah move has been nerfed, hard to say it's a fast ko move now.
:rosalina:Rosalina & Luma
Pros
  • With Luma, it can be easy to pressure Diddy with consistent jab.
  • More advantage when it comes to edguarding.
Cons
  • Attacks are slow, easily get juggle by Diddy.
  • Slower movements than Diddy.
I think Rosalina a bit slightly disadvantage, but a lot better compare to old patch.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Did Diddy got more nerfs on 1.0.8 patch?
For Diddy:
  • Up Air
    • Start up increased 3 → 4 frames without animation changes (no longer hits below him)
    • Auto cancel altered from 15 → 27 frames
    • Base/Growth 65/99 → 100/89
  • Up Throw Damage reduced 8% → 5%
  • Down Throw Damage increased 6% → 7%
  • Down Tilt Damage reduced 6% → 5.5%
  • Jab Transition between third strike and multihit is now faster Grabs Ending frames increased (on all three)
For Rosa:
  • Luma HP 47 → 50
  • Rapid Jab End Knockback Growth Reduced 170 → 150

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
For Diddy:
  • Up Air
    • Start up increased 3 → 4 frames without animation changes (no longer hits below him)
    • Auto cancel altered from 15 → 27 frames
    • Base/Growth 65/99 → 100/89
  • Up Throw Damage reduced 8% → 5%
  • Down Throw Damage increased 6% → 7%
  • Down Tilt Damage reduced 6% → 5.5%
  • Jab Transition between third strike and multihit is now faster Grabs Ending frames increased (on all three)
For Rosa:
  • Luma HP 47 → 50
  • Rapid Jab End Knockback Growth Reduced 170 → 150
So both Diddy and Rosalina have nerfs and buffs.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina I would say got a relatively minor nerf and her buff has almost restored Luma's HP to was it was at launch, while Diddy's essentially taken quite a few blows.
So it may take time to know which has advantage.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Before any of the Diddy nerfs I'd say Diddy had a slight advantage, after the first nerf it would be even. Now? I'd have to through it a +1 in favour of Rosa. Luma is back to almost prepatch health which means Diddy has to do more to get rid of it and with one of his major aerial attacks nerfed out of the park he has to resort to other moves which dont have the kill power up air did.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Before any of the Diddy nerfs I'd say Diddy had a slight advantage, after the first nerf it would be even. Now? I'd have to through it a +1 in favour of Rosa. Luma is back to almost prepatch health which means Diddy has to do more to get rid of it and with one of his major aerial attacks nerfed out of the park he has to resort to other moves which dont have the kill power up air did.
Is this for the default only setting?

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Is this for the default only setting?
Oh yes sorry. Default is +1.

I'd also have to throw a +1 Rosa's way in the custom matchup. Shooting star bit is amazing at forcing diddy to you from the air, in which you can see when Diddy is coming and respond with her long range moves like Up tilt, Up smash or if diddy jumps too high up air.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Diddy Kong is being analyzed again for this week. If you have anything to contribute for the match-up, especially in regards to the newest software update, this is the place to do it.

Top Bottom