• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
i tested this in training mode and ended up with 50hp myself, and had a friend do the same and he came up with the same.
how sure are you about the rest?
How did you test it? Luma had 52 health evidenced because it took 52 fox lasers to kill her in 1.03, now it's 67. Then again i'm not sure if fox lasers decay so if they do less than 1% due to decay, then that may have to be tested in training mode with no decay :X

I'm sure about everything else except dsmash and fsmash being laggier overall.

Last edited:

Lord Exor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordExor
3DS FC
0430-8460-0827
Any discernible alterations to Bowser Jr.?

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
How did you test it? Luma had 52 health evidenced because it took 52 fox lasers to kill her in 1.03, now it's 67. Then again i'm not sure if fox lasers decay so if they do less than 1% due to decay, then that may have to be tested in training mode with no decay :X
jvillager's dash attack odes 10%, do 5 hits, and one jab, and it dies at 53%. im not sure if it dies at 51% or what, but it wasnt buffed.
and yeah use training mode to prevent move degradation

glasses

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4382-2154-1222
I haven't updated since I still have a few replays to record, but are there any changes to Marth people have noticed? I'm hoping for a buff to his sword's range (wishful thinking!).

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
ZSS's airdodge seems to have 22f landing lag instead of 15f now.

Last edited:

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Rosa stuff: (Tested mostly by me, write up courtesy of Xaltis)

Rosalina:

Nair damage got a slight nerf in percent it does.

Grab got a cooldown increase

Down Smash cooldown increase

Forward Smash Slight start up Increase? (We couldn't get a 100% for sure answer on this)

On stages with walls that go all the way down. (Yoshi's Island Brawl, and other Omegas) if Luma doesn't make it back to the stage with his 3 jumps, he will fall to his death, but on stages with these walls instead of dying, he glitches back to the middle of the stage.
nair appears to have less KB, i tested kill range in 1.0.4 and @sonicbrawler182 tested in 1.0.3, nair killed zelda on omega jungle at the starting point at 170 on 1.0.4 and 140 in 1.0.3. this might mean some sort of possibility for low percent combos with nair.

grab and dsmash and fsmash i question, how did you test those?

the luma glitch thing you speak of isnt happening to me on yoshi's island at least, you're just letting luma fall after the 3 jumps and it reappears? luma will occasionally just reappear if you get too far frmo it, lkie you can trap luma under a flat omega stage like rainbow road and if you jump high enough luma will teleport to you magically. i dont know if it's just an extension of that glitch or what. but i wasnt getting it on yoshi's at all.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
nair appears to have less KB, i tested kill range in 1.0.4 and @sonicbrawler182 tested in 1.0.3, nair killed zelda on omega jungle at the starting point at 170 on 1.0.4 and 140 in 1.0.3. this might mean some sort of possibility for low percent combos with nair.

grab and dsmash and fsmash i question, how did you test those?

the luma glitch thing you speak of isnt happening to me on yoshi's island at least, you're just letting luma fall after the 3 jumps and it reappears? luma will occasionally just reappear if you get too far frmo it, lkie you can trap luma under a flat omega stage like rainbow road and if you jump high enough luma will teleport to you magically. i dont know if it's just an extension of that glitch or what. but i wasnt getting it on yoshi's at all.

Luma has to basically be touching the wall as she falls.

I tested grab, fsmash, and dsmash side by side with an unpatched smash 3ds and the currently patched smash 3ds, noticed the timings being off/ worse for those moves.

Edit: Welp, you're right, nair kills significantly later =X

Last edited:

SapphSabre777

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4742-5094-9684
This is what I've found with Kirby. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

+ Feet-based attacks have a longer range
+ U-Smash is significantly faster, has a sour-spot that allows the move to reach farther
+ U-Air is much faster, has reduced landing lag, hitbox extended to hit BEHIND Kirby now.
+ Dash speed is increased
- Increased landing lag on N-Air, F-Air
- D-Air -> sourspotted U-Tilt no longer a combo (normal U-Tilt still is)
- Kirbycide KOs Kirby first now
* Hup Cancel is still in

So it seems some of Kirby's problems have been addressed.

I can also confirm that Mario is MUCH heavier now.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
I tested grab, fsmash, and dsmash side by side with an unpatched smash 3ds and the currently patched smash 3ds, noticed the timings being off/ worse for those moves.
actually did you test neutral grab or running grab? i feel like dash grab is slower on recovery but standing grab seems normal
but i have no idea one way or the other

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
actually did you test neutral grab or running grab? i feel like dash grab is slower on recovery but standing grab seems normal
but i have no idea one way or the other
I only tested standing grab, it's a very small difference. Basically Rosa takes slightly more time to pull her arm up before you can do anything after whiffing the grab.

Edit: Going to sleep now.

Last edited:
3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Peach's aerials now stale during float, however fair deals 19% damage now and should kill earlier too (if i'm not mistaken, it dealt 17% before). If there was an increase in damage, it should also kill earlier than before when fresh.

Last edited:

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
I only tested standing grab, it's a very small difference. Basically Rosa takes slightly more time to pull her arm up before you can do anything after whiffing the grab.

Edit: Going to sleep now.
cool, thanks again for the testing and the clarifications.

LostinpinK

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ailkah
It would be so easy if we had a patchnote. It's really hard to tell if an info is true or just an impression.
I don't feel any changes in Kirby personally, and Zss being buff is incredibly ridiculous when characters like Luigi or Kirby are in this game.

How could you get a 19% fair? In training it still does 15%, as always.

Last edited:

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Ike:
-SH Fair now autocancels. Startup is also much faster.
-Bair does 1% more damage, slight increase in knockback(?)
-Nair has reduced knockback allowing for more opportunities for followups.
-Dtilt trajectory is upwards now, less recovery, does 1% more damage.
-Ftilt recovers slightly faster.
-Dsmash trajectory is slightly more horizontal.(?)
-Jab now works as intended, including comboing properly on Greninja. Does not combo properly on Yoshi still. :/

Last edited:
3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
It would be so easy if we had a patchnote. It's really hard to tell if an info is true or just an impression.
I don't feel any changes in Kirby personally, and Zss being buff is incredibly ridiculous when characters like Luigi or Kirby are in this game.

How could you get a 19% fair? In training it still does 15%, as always.
What? Are you sweet spotting it?

I just turned on the game in vs mode, walked up to bowser, hit fair, 19%. Did you even patch?

**EDIT** Sorry, you're right, it is 15% now. I don't know why, but earlier I went into vs mode, hit fair twice on bowser and checked. 19% first hit, 38% second. Customs were off, didn't use random.

Last edited:

Hukuzo

Smash Rookie
MegaMan
Metal Blade only hits once after being picked up. Still hits for 5%, though...
Crash Bomber only does 5% now... (1% and then 4%)
Rush Coil can be used again as soon as Rush disappears!

Edit: Pretty much every attack does 1% less damage. Except for his Up Smash which can do 1% more...

Last edited:

LostinpinK

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ailkah
What? Are you sweet spotting it?

I just turned on the game in vs mode, walked up to bowser, hit fair, 19%. Did you even patch?
Played online all morning.

I tested in versus mode as well, still 15%. And I confirm it stales now.

Anyone else willing to test this? I'm pretty sure Peach's Fair is 15%.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Played online all morning.

I tested in versus mode as well, still 15%. And I confirm it stales now.

Anyone else willing to test this? I'm pretty sure Peach's Fair is 15%.
Sorry, you're right, it is 15% now. I don't know why, but earlier I went into vs mode, hit fair twice on bowser and checked. 19% first hit, 38% second. Customs were off, didn't use random.

I'm not blind and I can math. I'm not sure why that happened.

BBC7

Smash Ace
MegaMan
Test the Metal Blade thing against a character other than Mario(I'm assuming). Mario always got hit only once.

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
Little Mac's KO Punch got buffed! :D

I have both versions 1.03 amd 1.04 and am able to test out everything, but thankfully I already made a list of
KO Percentages from the KO Punch during 1.03

I've only tested three characters thus far. The lightest, an average, and a heavy. This is also in training mode as I don't have a second 3DS with 1.04 so this is without freshness or rage, meaning the percentages will be even lower in normal play.

Jigglypuff's minimum KO percentage with max vectoring is now 13% down from 19%.
Ness's minimum KO percentage with max vectoring is now 22% down from 29%.
Dedede's minimum KO percentage with max vectoring is now 34% down from 42%

Happy Patching Day everyone!

Hukuzo

Smash Rookie
Test the Metal Blade thing against a character other than Mario(I'm assuming). Mario always got hit only once.
You're right. It was just Mario. I wasn't aware it worked like that.
Forward throw does 8% now rather than 6%.
Up Air doesn't seem larger. Did it always do 20%?
Overall, MegaMan has been weakened...for some reason. Ugh.
Back Air SEEMS faster. His initial jump seems faster too or he has more mobility in the air. I'm not sure. Something about his jumping is weird to me.

BBC7

Smash Ace
You're right. It was just Mario. I wasn't aware it worked like that.
Forward throw does 8% now rather than 6%.
Up Air doesn't seem larger. Did it always do 20%?
Overall, MegaMan has been weakened...for some reason. Ugh.
Back Air SEEMS faster. His initial jump seems faster too or he has more mobility in the air. I'm not sure. Something about his jumping is weird to me.
Crash Bomber nerf is really weird to me though. Maybe it does more shield damage now, and the sacrifice is actual damage in order to not completely overpower the opponent? Eh...we'll find something. I doubt Mega Man would just receive full-on nerfs considering he's doesn't deserve them.

juice.Zucco

Smash Cadet
MegaMan

Edit: Pretty much every attack does 1% less damage. Except for his Up Smash which can do 1% more...
none of this is true. Dont know where you are getting your information from.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Sonic seems the same. No % changes, dash attack seems to have a different ending animation (and more ending lag). Not 100%, but that seems to be it.

juice.Zucco

Smash Cadet
From the game. I downloaded the patch and tested it out...?
All his damage is the same. crash bomb still does 8% and metal blades are dependent on the character. I have two versions of the game plus its pretty easy to remember megamans damage output. Maybe you are looking at some bad damage chart for megaman. I just dont want misinformation spread around.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Is it just me or is it harder to use Up-Smash during a dash now? Most of the times I try I just end up using the dash attack.

LoreLes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoreLes
Is it just me or is it harder to use Up-Smash during a dash now? Most of the times I try I just end up using the dash attack.
I thought it was just me too. I am experiencing this as well, I mean it's not a big deal but it just seems randomly more difficult to perform the usual way.

This is considering tap jump is off btw.

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
I thought it was just me too. I am experiencing this as well, I mean it's not a big deal but it just seems randomly more difficult to perform the usual way.

This is considering tap jump is off btw.
It's the exact same as before. Nothing has changed. I have both versions.

Robin1613

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Robin1613
Ike:
-SH Fair now autocancels. Startup is also much faster.
-Bair does 1% more damage, slight increase in knockback(?)
-Nair has reduced knockback allowing for more opportunities for followups.
-Dtilt trajectory is upwards now, less recovery, does 1% more damage.
-Ftilt recovers slightly faster.
-Dsmash trajectory is slightly more horizontal.
-Jab now works as intended, including comboing properly on Greninja. Does not combo properly on Yoshi still. :/
Thank you nintendo... <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom