• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Smash'N'Splash - A Chicago/Milwaukee area Melee/PM/Sm4sh Regional Tournament

jkenney1

Smash Rookie

Smash'N'Splash
June 13-14, 2015
Melee/PM/Smash Wii U
www.smashnsplash.com

Welcome to paradise, smashers!
Smash 'N' Splash, a Melee, Project M, and Smash Wii U Midwest Regional tournament, is coming this summer to the Chicago-Milwaukee area the weekend of June 13th-14th 2015. This tournament will be held at Key Lime Cove, an indoor waterpark resort. Located just off I-94, Key Lime Cove is halfway between Chicago and Milwaukee, 45 minutes from either city. Pack up your controller and a pair of trunks & get ready for this summer's Smash 'N' Splash.

Teaser trailer video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3NoZT6ap0s
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/427258377442999/
Reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2yt832/tournament_thread_smashnsplash_june_1314th_2015/

About the Venue
Smash'N'Splash will be hosted at Key Lime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort. That's right, a waterpark! The tournament itself will be hosted in the conference rooms in an area of 5,000 sq. ft. There are hotel rooms available at Key Lime Cove at a discounted rate for Smash'N'Splash. Check the Hotel page on our website for more details on booking. Hotel guests will have access to the waterpark included in their hotel fee. Day passes for the waterpark will be available for all other guests for $21.95.

About the Tournament
Events:

Melee Singles ($10 entry)
Melee Doubles ($20 entry per team)
Project M Singles ($10 entry)
Project M Doubles ($20 entry per team)
Smash Wii U Singles ($10 entry)
Smash Wii U Doubles ($20 entry per team)

Expect pools to begin at 9AM on Saturday, June 13th, and top 32 and top 8 of each game to take place on Sunday, June 14th.
A detailed schedule will be released closer to the date of the tournament.

Rules
General Rules
All participants must pre-register AT LEAST TWO (2) DAYS BEFORE the date of the tournament. Registration will close on June 11th, 2015. Additionally, the venue fee will raise from $20 to $25 one month before the date of the tournament, on May 13th, 2015. Register before this date to save on the venue fee.

The pot will be split 60/20/10/4/2/2/1/1 amongst top 8 placing competitors of each game *Evo distribution*
In addition, any pot bonuses that are added by sponsors whether it be money or prizes, will be distributed to players that place in the money.

Melee

A. Game Settings
● Stocks: 4
● Time Limit: 8 minutes

B. Stage List

Starter Stages

● Yoshi’s Story
● Fountain of Dreams (singles only)
● Battlefield
● Final Destination
● Dream Land
● Pokémon Stadium (doubles only)
Counterpick Stages
● Pokémon Stadium
● Kongo Jungle 64 (doubles only)

C. Additional Rules

● Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter/Neutral list
until there is one stage remaining. The player/team without port priority
strikes first. Then the other player/team strikes two stages. Then the
player/team with port priority strikes one more stage and the remaining
stage is used for the first game of the set.

● Stage Bans: After each game of the set, before counterpicking, the
player who won the previous game may ban one stage from either the
starter or counterpick list. This rule is not in effect for best of 5 sets.

● Stage Clause: A player/team may not pick any stage they previously
won on during the set.
Project M
A. Game Settings
● Stocks: 4
● Time Limit: 8 minutes

B. Stage List
Striking is 1-2-1, and there are 3 bans.

Starters:
Yoshi's Story (Melee) (Singles only)
Pokemon Stadium 2
Battlefield
Smashville
Dreamland

Counterpicks:
Yoshi's Island
WarioWare
Final Destination
Norfair
Fountain of Dreams
Skyworld
Green Hill Zone

C. Additional Rules

● Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter/Neutral list
until there is one stage remaining. The player/team without port priority
strikes first. Then the other player/team strikes two stages. Then the
player/team with port priority strikes one more stage and the remaining
stage is used for the first game of the set.

● Stage Bans: After each game of the set, before counterpicking, the
player who won the previous game may ban one stage from either the
starter or counterpick list. This rule is not in effect for best of 5 sets.

● Stage Clause: A player/team may not pick any stage they previously
won on during the set.
Smash Wii U
Smash Wii U Singles:
**Due to the event being so close to EVO, custom moves will be allowed in preparation** (Customs will be run using the Standard Custom Moves Project. Info can be found here: http://smashboards.com/threads/official-custom-moveset-project-summer-2015-edition-evo-sets.395721/)
Additional Information on detailed descriptions for each Custom found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13sH3F_-MsF-ymosxVIO6VLHJNoMs0pJgUJEicwLypWs/edit#gid=0

-Game version: US Nintendo WiiU
-Game Settings: 2 Stock, 6 Minute Time Limit, Items Off, Equipment Off, 2/3 Games (3/5 Finals Only)
-Amiibo’s are banned.
-Custom moves are allowed.
**Random Custom is not allowed. (If you select it, there's a possibility of obtaining random Equipment on your character)
-Available Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Town & City, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Duck Hunt, Halberd (If Final Destination is banned, all Omegas are banned as well)
-Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
-The Good Dave’s Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
-There will be no loading anything onto the consoles from a Nintendo portable gaming system
-Allowed controllers: 3DS, Wii+Chuck, GameCube

Smash Wii U Doubles:
-Game Settings: 3 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, Items Off, Equipment Off, 2/3 Games (3/5 Finals Only)
-Team Attack ON.
**If Olimar is partnered with a character that has a reflector in Doubles, Olimar cannot select the "Order Tackle" custom special. If the Olimar's teammate is not using any reflectors, the Olimar can still use Order Tackle.

ADDITIONAL RULES:

-Stalling: The act of stalling is banned: Stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinite’s, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

-Coaching: Coaching between matches is allowed. Coaching mid-match is prohibited. Coaching may not last for an excessive period of time. Up to 60 seconds will be allowed maximum between matches.

-Suicide Clause: If the match ends or is brought to a Sudden Death, the initiator of said suicide move wins

Streamers

Contact
To contact the Smash'N'Splash staff, see the Contact page on our website. Alternatively, you can make a post on the Facebook event page, make a post in this thread, or tweet at @SmashnSplash.

Last edited:

skiboots

Smash Cadet
NNID
skiboots
How many events can people enter? Is this BYOC(Bring your own console)? This info should be visible early on in the post IMO

Last edited:

Spaghetti Sammy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FreshBagels
3DS FC
0104-0256-0397
HOLY CRAP A SMASH TOURNAMENT NEAR WHERE I LIVE.
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOLY
SIGN ME UP
DKs COMIN TO THAT EVENT
Well If I can convince my parents to let me drive 45 minutes and stay at a hotel 2 months after getting my licence.

Last edited:

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
So I'm going to be on vacation in the area in the area when this goes down. Looking forward to getting to know a new scene. Gotta say though, with the event being so close now, shouldn't a schedule be posted?
ughhh I hate 2 stock though. blehhhh
Also this. 2 stock blows. Still coming either way, but 3 stock 8 minute is a much better ruleset.

MrKarmaPenguin

Smash Rookie
HOLY CRAP A SMASH TOURNAMENT NEAR WHERE I LIVE.
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOLY
SIGN ME UP
DKs COMIN TO THAT EVENT
Well If I can convince my parents to let me drive 45 minutes and stay at a hotel 2 months after getting my licence.
Hey what area do you live in because I am close to there too and i have been looking to play smash with people.

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
I'm going for sure!

Forgive me if this sounds silly, but how are Smash 4 stages chosen? Did you just neglect to put the stage striking rules there, or is it some weird format I've never heard of?

Vexifier

Smash Rookie
YES first tourney I know I can make it to! Not getting a whole lot of practice in for this, but what I have has been effective.
:4sonic::4fox::4darkpit::4luigi::4falco::4falcon::4ness::4bowser::4pikachu:
Who am I up against for Sm4sh? (my mains listed above, in order)
I want to face some people online at least sometime before the event, just to "test the waters a bit". (see what I did there?)

Top Bottom