• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [May 29, 2015] Midwest Championships 2015 May 29th-30th Mufreesboro, TN Pot Bonus $1000!

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice

Midwest Championships 2015 presented by KIT and DreamTR! Run by KOkingpin!

Happy to say Smash will have an entire 4500 square foot room to itself for MWC! If you came to KIT in January it is in the same room but this time without having to share half of it.

Date: May 29-30, 2015

Venue: Lane Agri-Park Community Center
315 John R. Rice Blvd, Suite 101
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Airport: Nashville International (BNA) approx 30 minutes from venue.

Venue Fee: $20 Pre Registration or $30 onsite on Friday only
Game Fee: $10 per game
Payout is 60/30/10 for 1st/2nd/3rd

+ $1000 added for Smash games to be divided among Project M, Melee, and Smash 4!

Please Register online here.
Last day to register online is Monday May 25!

Hotel Information
Baymont Inn and Suites Murfreesboro
2230 Armory Drive, Murfreesboro, TN 37129 US
(615) 896-1172
http://www.baymontinns.com/hotels/t...nt-inn-and-suites-murfreesboro/hotel-overview

Clarion Inn
2227 Old Fort Parkway , Murfreesboro, TN, US, 37129
(615) 896-2420
http://www.clarionhotel.com/hotel-murfreesboro-tennessee-TN484

Super 8
127 Chaffin Pl, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
(615) 867-5000
http://www.super8.com/hotels/tennessee/murfreesboro/super-8-murfreesboro/hotel-overview

Games:
Friday
Injustice: God Among Us (XBox 360)
Persona 4 Arena (PS3)
Project M (Wii) - Round Robin Pools
Melee (Gamecube) - Round Robin Pools
Smash Bros. 4 (Wii U) - Round Robin Pools

Saturday
Project M (Wii) - Double Elimination Bracket
Melee (Gamecube) - Double Elimination Bracket
Smash Bros. 4 (Wii U) - Double Elimination Bracket

Ultra Street Fighter IV (XBox 360)
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (XBox 360)
Mortal Kombat X (PS4)
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (PS4)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3)
Guilty Gear Xrd (PS3)
Killer Instinct (XBox One)

Stream Channels:
www.twitch.tv/PandaXGaming
www.twitch.tv/SixFortyFive
www.twitch.tv/KOsGanonDunk

Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/784618544962213

Be sure to like our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/KumiteInTennessee
Follow us on twitter: @KITVandy @KITBeely @KiT_CodEZ @KOsGanonDunk

KOKingpin Edit: As of Right now we have a $200 dollar pot bonus (Provided by Anime Blues Con!) with quite possibly much more on the way.

Project M Rules

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer.
* All items set to OFF and item frequency set to NONE.
* Input Assist set to OFF.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Dave’s Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* I shouldn't need to put this rule in but Giga Bowser is banned for tournament play

Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in “1-2-1″ fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage

Stagelist:

Starter -
Battlefield
Dreamland
Green Hill Zone
Pokémon Stadium 2
Smashville

Counterpick -
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Skyworld
Yoshi's Island: Melee
Yoshi's Island: Brawl

After each match:
1. Winner announces two (2) stage bans
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Melee Rules

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer.
* Items OFF.
* Master Hand is banned.
* Stalling with Jigglypuff’s Rising Pound or Peach’s Wall Bomber is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are banned.
* Dave’s Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.

Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in “1-2-1″ fashion:
3. First player strikes one stage.

Stagelist:

Neutral (Singles)

Battlefield
Yoshi’s Story
Dream Land
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick

Pokemon Stadium

Neutral (Doubles)

Battlefield
Yoshi’s Story
Dream Land
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium

After each match:
1. Winner announces one (1) stage ban (no bans in best of 5)

Smash 4 Wii U Rules

* 3 stock, 7:00 minute timer.
* Items OFF.
* Custom Movesets are LEGAL
* Mii Fighters are LEGAL
* Custom Equipment is banned.

Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in “1-1″ fashion:
3. First player strikes one stage.

Stagelist:

Neutral -

Battlefield
Final Destination [players may opt for battlefield omega if stage bothers their eyes]
Smashville

Counterpick -

Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Town and City

After each match:
1. Winner announces one (1) stage ban [No bans in best of 5]

Last edited:

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Dude, I got the days off. I'm gonna be there, with some Memphis people! Hype! Can bring 1, possibly two set ups for Smash 4.

Last edited:

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Smash 4 ruleset changed slightly. Customs are now legal as is customs on Mii fighters. Stock count raised to 3 and time limit raised to 7 mins.

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
Is there an age limit? I am 14 but can't seem to find a smash community, and this looks like an oppurtune moment to meet one.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
There will be an additional $1000 added to Smash games provided by Anime Blues Con, The Score of Murfreesboro, and Music City Smash! TO be divided among PM, Melee. and Smash 4!

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
In order to give what we feel is the best experience for our Smash players we will be running Round Robin pools on Friday for all three Smash games. Players who advance out of the Round Robin will be placed into a double elimination bracket to be completed on Saturday. This ensures every player is guaranteed to get several games, but please be aware if you are entering any Smash game (PM, Melee, Smash4) that you MUST be there on Friday! Start time is 6 PM.

Yunocookie

Smash Cadet
I really love smash and would like to join a community ,but also would like to know more about how this works. Can someone tell me with better depth? I'm 14 years old and about 30 min from the tournament place. Also if I came do I have to bring a controller?

Last edited:

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
Hey KO. Are you guys having a doubles event to. (I saw it in the ruleset but i didn't see a time stamp for it). I'm gonna put the request in for that weekend off.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Doubtful I'll be able to squeeze doubles in, but I love doubles so I will see how many people we get and the time frame of when things get going.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
Q&A History Lesson since a lot of people are confused - kinda long, only read if interested

Q: Why is KIT running a tournament called Midwest Championships when it is located in the South?

A: Midwest Championships (MWC) is a long running tournament - 22 years now to be exact - that originated out of Chicago, IL as an arcade Street Fighter tournament so when it started the name made a ton of sense. The tournament was founded by Capcom in 1993 and taken over by Jason "DreamTR" Wilson in 1997 who ran the event in Chicago for years despite seldom actually living there. By 2009 he had moved to Nashville, TN and started an arcade there - Game Galaxy Arcade. The demands of running an arcade and family life made it unfeasible for him to keep the tournament in Chicago, so in 2011 he made a peaceful split with associate Adam "Keits" Hart and brought MWC to Middle Tennessee but kept the name which had nearly 20 years of history.

Keits revived Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament (UFGT) the same year, 2011, so that Chicago could keep a major tournament. That lasted until UFGT X in 2014 when Keits retired the series. In its place Combo Breaker was born as a replacement tournament in Chicago and is having its inaugural tournament Memorial Day weekend of 2015 and run by Richard Thiher.

Anyway, back to MWC - since 2011 the tournament remained in Tennessee but shrunk in size each year as Jason was too busy with opening new arcade locations and building his family. After MWC 2014, Ian "Vandy" Davis, co-tournament organizer for Kumite in Tennessee (KIT) approached him about taking over the main organizational responsibilities of MWC to build it back up to prominence in the FGC and he agreed. DreamTR remains on board as the head director of the Street Fighter portion of the event. Which brings us to MWC 2015 now in Murfreesboro in the same location where KIT 2015 was held. We decided to take a step-up approach by first making it a big two-day event with plans to turn it into a three-day event as early as 2016. We are keeping it where it is in Middle Tennessee because that is where we all are, and we are keeping the name Midwest Championships to preserve its 20+ year history. Confusing as we know it is =)

In related news the MidWEST lies primarily in the EASTern half of the United States and the Big 10 has 14 teams. The point is that names have history and meaning which people want to preserve

ENIX BLAZE

Smash Rookie
Call me naive but is there a door fee to watch, or is the registration fee it? Or something only players expect to pay? I've never been to a Smash event like this so I don't know what to expect.

ShuckleBoard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShuckleBoard
Question: Are you using the most recent EVO custom sets and will you be allowing us to upload our own sets? Very excited to attend my first tourney. I'm disappointed about the lack of Delfino and Duck Hunt and also Pokemon Stadium 2. But I'm so glad that this is 3 stocks. Any reason why 7 min. instead of 8?

Last edited:

Yunocookie

Smash Cadet
I'm going into brackets. Also approximatly how much money will the winner have in the ssb4 tournament?

Last edited:

fatalfoxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
plushmunch
I got bopped as well man. I at least kept all matches close and won a set. Hopefully I'll see you there tomorrow.
Since I already got kicked out of the tournament I already made plans for when I wake up, sorry. I didn't keep any of my matches close at all and I'm pretty close to just quitting smash honestly.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Since I already got kicked out of the tournament I already made plans for when I wake up, sorry. I didn't keep any of my matches close at all and I'm pretty close to just quitting smash honestly.
Man, don't quit.
I thought I was dropping Smash 4 almost completely, and I somehow end up placing 4th.
Just keep working at those fundamentals, especially hard reads; I promise you'll catch on.

Top Bottom