• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Sep 19, 2015] HASLfest 12 - Smash WiiU, Melee, PM (Huntsville, AL)

moogle

Smash Ace

Come join us Saturday, September 19! This Smash tournament is hosted by HASL (Huntsville Area Smash League).

Helpful Links:

Schedule:
Noon - P:M
3:00 pm - Melee
6:00 pm - Sm4sh​

Notes:
• Bring your own controller.​

301 Sparkman Dr.
Huntsville, AL 35805​

Fees:
Project M Singles - $5
Melee Singles - $5
Smash 4 Wii U Singles - $5​

Payouts:
1st Place - 60%
2nd Place - 30%
3rd Place - 10%​

Rules:

Setups:
Please feel free to bring setups (consoles, TVs, games, power strips, extension cords) with you. Any equipment you bring will help the tournaments run more smoothly. Thank you!​

Food:
On location: World of Wings and Dunkin Donuts.
Fast food within driving distance: Yelp

Housing:
If you are in need of housing, contact Nick Hanson on Facebook or PM me (moogle) on smashboards.​

For more information, please either reply here or send a PM to moogle. We hope to see you there!

Last edited:

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Zoma, we have been tossing around ideas on which games to host at each event. The target is 3 games per event and one event per month. Since Smash 4 3DS and WiiU are mostly the same game, we were kind of split on how to run things going forward. We could be persuaded to have PM Singles or some form of Doubles. Maybe we should do a Facebook poll and go from there.

Zoma

Smash Journeyman
If either Melee doubles or PM singles happens, I'm totally onboard. I might go anyway, I'd just be that much more hype.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Too bad there won't be any doubles, because @ Zoma Zoma and I are the best team in Alabama. Because of this, we're willing to money match ANYONE in Alabama doubles. Besides Moogle and Joot. So get at us.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
So what you're saying is that Moogle + J00t is the best team in Alabama? Because that's what I'm getting out of that.

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm a lot worse in teams because I hate teams lol

but moogle and I can probably still take you ;)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
So with PM being around this time does this mean KOKingpin will be stopping by? Yes or yes? And if so drag Pickle and Matt4300 down here

Ⅾad

Smash Rookie
came out today and showed off my god awful fox, but it was fun!
hopefully making a return to huntsville next time around

ubik

Smash Rookie
This month's tournament was really well-run! Had a lot of fun playing PM, worth the drive up from Auburn.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ready to see Lemmy get a 5th consecutive higher placing. Also hope you guys are ready for some upsets, bringing the heat this month.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Oh alright. Is the reason there is not both singles and doubles for the game because of a time constraint? I don't see why we don't do both.

moogle

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's mostly due to time constraint. Perhaps in the future we could run, say, Melee singles and WiiU singles at the same time. But for now, three events seem to be the right number for our one-day tournaments.

Also, we'll have more time at ChargerCon in March, since it's a 1.5 day event. I believe we'll have doubles events on Friday night, then singles events all day Saturday, but I'm not sure yet if that's the plan.

Last edited:

moogle

Smash Ace
In March, we'll be joining forces with ChargerCon for a Smash event bigger than our usual monthly HASLfests.

The schedule hasn't been finalized yet, but we plan to have Melee, PM, and WiiU singles events next month (along with some combination of doubles events).

Keep an eye on the Facebook event page, and I'll update this thread once the event page is updated.

Last edited:

moogle

Smash Ace
First post updated for ChargerCon 2015! I apologize that this info came so late. Here's the schedule:

FRIDAY:
6:30pm Smash Wii U 4v4 (Free Entry)
7:30pm Smash 64 (Free Entry)
8:30pm Melee Doubles
Casual game play all night

SATURDAY:
12:00pm Project M Singles
3:00pm Melee Singles
6:00pm Smash Wii U Singles

Last edited:
Top Bottom