• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simply Smashing, Big House 4 Sponsorship Tournament, Results

zerothetheif

Hylia's Chosen Hero
Simply Smashing came and went and it was a massive success!
After 4 pools with top 4 of each pool advancing to the final bracket we had a stacked Top 16 bracket in both games!
People traveled from as far south as the Keys to as North as Gainesville to come to this tournament!
There where 69 unique smashers between Melee and Project M, with 47 entrants for Melee and 59 entrants for PM it was pretty packed at Versus Gaming Center.

And of course with 3 sponsorships on the line for each game everyone brought their 'A' game!

Colbol, Plup, and Wizzrobe snatched the Sponsorships for Melee! Shutting out South Florida and once again showing the Central Florida dominance over Melee
Simply Smashing Melee
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
SS Colbol
$141.00
2nd
Plup
$70.50
3rd
CT Wizzrobe
$23.50
4th
VS Beer Man
5th
GK Gahtzu
5th
VS Blea Gelo
7th
Christian
7th
GK Pi
9th
BamboozleKing
9th
Gravy

And even though Wizzrobe won first place he couldn't get two sponsorships and so the three PM sponsorships went to NickRiddle, Seibrik, and Porkchop! All three representing well for South Florida
Simply Smashing Project M
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
CT Wizzrobe
$147.50
2nd
DC NickRiddle
$59.00
3rd
VS Porkchops
$41.30
4th
@Seibrik
$26.55
5th
Plup
$10.33
5th
Xaltis
$10.33
7th
AO CT MVD
7th
GK Gahtzu
9th
Envy
9th
Master Raven

Shoutouts to RagingCherry for helping me run things and seeding everything!
To Gahtzu, for outperforming many PM players with his overall skill and dominance over smash
To Xaltis, for playing so well and coming so close to clutching a PM sponsorship
To Teachable, for giving me an adrenaline packed set in our PM pool. We're 1-1 in tournament dude!
To Smilez =), for beating Ian in bracket when he handed you quite the loss in pools
To both Colbol and Plup, for always putting on a show with your higher echelon of skill in Melee
To Blea, for doing Luigi justice! You my boy!
To Porkchops, for pushing through in PM when you couldn't get it done in Melee. You deserved it!
To Wizzrobe, for being the prodigy that you are!
To Pi, for going out of your way to show me appreciation. It really meant a lot to me =]
To NickRiddle, for putting on a show for everyone in PM.
To Elliott (aka Bamboozle King), for those great wins against the Samus players you beat.
To Lad, I wish you lived in SoFlo year round. You're the man and one heck of a guy!!!!
To Zain, for sticking it out till the end with me and playing so many friendlies. You getting so good!
To Rula, you my homie and I always appreciate who you've been to me here in the Smash Community
And most of all to Shoop and Sly for letting all this happen, Versus is so legit!

Chilex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chilex
This tournament was pretty great IMO. I was really hoping for round-robin pools because I think I would've done a bit better if it was such. Being wrecked on stream was probably the highlight of this tournament from my perspective.

Shoutouts to the following...
Lambchops/Beer Man: For wrecking me on stream and encouraging me to keep playing and getting better.
Jags: For being a cool dude. Also my best training partner in years.
The organizers: For making all this possible.

(I can't attend any of the smashing Wednesdays because I have school then). I can't wait until next tourney! =D

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I was so close to getting sponsored, idk I guess people thought I'd be upset, but I guess I just accepted the loss that I was going to lose to Nick Riddle. I will get sponsored when Smash 4 comes out for sure.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
NickRiddle's a hard opponent, that's for sure. I'll be sure to give him my own salty runback when he comes to my home turf, though. Congrats to those sponsored, I'll see y'all at Big House.

Top Bottom