• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The cutest toddler with a licence. Baby Mario support thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

Yoshi has always been around since the original game and is the only one of the original 10 series that has one rep and is still on going. This alone makes it worthy of a second rep.

And who better too pick than the Diddy of the series, BABY MARIO.

There are three ways I beleive he could work.

1. Going Solo: Must I explain?
2. Baby Luigi joins him: Works similar to Ice Climbers but with a very different moveset focused around Kart racing, Rpg elements and of coarse moves from Yoshi's Island like the bubble and super form.
3. My own idea, The star Baby 4: The most unique of the options, Baby Mario would be joined by Baby Luigi, Baby Peach and either Baby Wario or Baby Rosalina and they would work together much like the double cherry from Super Mario 3D World, they act exactly the same but with when Baby Mario is KOed, they all respawn. This would have they're strength and weight similar to Pichus but when close together, their attacks are stronger.

If you have a better format for this page, please leave it below so I can edit it into this page.
Baby Mario For SM4SH ^^

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
A topic for Baby Mario technically already exists, even if it's with Baby Luigi.
You can discuss him in the topic I have linked right here::http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...mario-and-baby-luigi-animations-added.327799/
I saw that but this is specifically Baby Mario, I don't really care much if Baby Luigi is there.

This is support for specifically Baby Mario.
Thats support for a Baby Mario & Baby Luigi combo.

I there is a big enough difference for this to stay since some people might not even want Baby Luigi.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I saw that but this is specifically Baby Mario, I don't really care much if Baby Luigi is there.

This is support for specifically Baby Mario.
Thats support for a Baby Mario & Baby Luigi combo.

I there is a big enough difference for this to stay since some people might not even want Baby Luigi.
Well you suggesting that he could be in a tag team with Baby Luigi sort of somewhat contradicts that.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Well you suggesting that he could be in a tag team with Baby Luigi sort of somewhat contradicts that.
I mentioned ways he could work and I would be a fool not to mention it. I'm sure there are people who would have wanted Baby Mario riding Yoshi as a newcomer or something like that. this is just Baby Mario.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I mentioned ways he could work and I would be a fool not to mention it. I'm sure there are people who would have wanted Baby Mario riding Yoshi as a newcomer or something like that. this is just Baby Mario.
Okay I guess.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
3. My own idea, The star Baby 4: The most unique of the options, Baby Mario would be joined by Baby Luigi, Baby Peach and either Baby Wario or Baby Rosalina and they would work together much like the double cherry from Super Mario 3D World, they act exactly the same but with when Baby Mario is KOed, they all respawn. This would have they're strength and weight similar to Pichus but when close together, their attacks are stronger.
I beg of you; do not use Baby Rosalina or Baby Daisy. Baby DK and Baby Wario are superior 'Yoshi' choices to aid Baby Mario, Baby Luigi and Baby Peach.

I'm confused though; wouldn't the above idea make the character like two sets of Ice Climbers?
If there were 4 sets of them that would be 16 fighters on screen at once...I'm not sure if the game could handle that many fighters on screen at once considering the slowdown in the past 4 X Ice Climbers caused.

Technicalities aside what are some of your moveset ideas for Solo Baby Mario and the Baby 4?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I beg of you; do not use Baby Rosalina or Baby Daisy. Baby DK and Baby Wario are superior 'Yoshi' choices to aid Baby Mario, Baby Luigi and Baby Peach.

I'm confused though; wouldn't the above idea make the character like two sets of Ice Climbers?
If there were 4 sets of them that would be 16 fighters on screen at once...I'm not sure if the game could handle that many fighters on screen at once considering the slowdown in the past 4 X Ice Climbers caused.

Technicalities aside what are some of your moveset ideas for Solo Baby Mario and the Baby 4?
yeah, Maybe that 4 idea (it would be like the double cherry where they all act to player input and not having some cpu controlled) could be something for the installment after this one if he doesn't get in.

As for moveset, I would definitely take inspiration from Partners in time along with other games.

Neutral Special: Smash Egg, Acts similar to Wii Fit Trainers soccer ball but cracks open causing damage. sometimes has an item.

up special: Cannonballer, a cannon appears and shoots Baby Mario out of it.

Side Special: Graps a biddy buddy from Mario Kart 8 and drives it across screen, similar to Warios bike but has a very vertical and far knockback. explodes instead of breaking to pieces.

Down special: Hammer, He charges up a swing and if you press b again with correct timing, the move will be stronger.

Final Smash: Super Baby!!, Baby Mario dons his cape and becomes invisible and stronger and has a plethora of jumps. he is also very fast.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Im starting to love baby mario these days for some reason, yeah, he is awesome.

pls

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I did say Baby Rosalina or Baby Wario, I agree Baby Wario is the better choice but with Rosalina being playable and Baby Rosalina going well with Baby Peach similar to how Baby Luigi goes with Baby Mario, it is a possibilty. Also Waluigi is a Wario character now so there is that.

Last edited:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Paper Mario is the superior second Mario.

But Baby Mario is cute. So I guess I support, but I would rather have Paper Mario over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom