• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The mighty battle android~ KOS-MOS for Smash

Do you want KOS-MOS to be in Super Smash Bros. For Wii U and 3DS

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashBoar

Smash Ace
NNID
GuardianOfZone3
Okay, this is gonna start a few hours-worth of arguments, but that's not gonna stop me.

.....Okay, more than likely, over 90% of those looking at this thread right now do not know who this character is, however, I'll be happy to give you the rundown, this is KOS-MOS, she is a Anti-Gnosis self-aware battle android from the Bandai-Namco franchise known as Xenosaga.

Oh, and if any of you are wondering:

These are Gnosis (well, at least 2 of the different species)

Anyway, now on to the main point of the thread. KOS-MOS is a character owned by Bandai-Namco, who are currently helping to develop Super Smash Bros. For Wii U and 3DS, unlike most of their characters, KOS-MOS is incredibly likely to join (well, about as much as Bayonetta) now, why do I say this? Well, allow me to elaborate.... and then you can mow me down with your hate.

You may or may not recall this, but Monolith-Soft were the developers of the Xenosaga games, and now, Monolith-Soft is 2nd-party to Nintendo, Bandai-Namco were also the publishers of the series, now, this fact alone gives KOS-MOS HUGE points.

"BUT THERE ARE NO XENOSAGA GAMES ON ANY NINTENDO CONSOLES!" is a common reaction that is received by many who bring up this subject, however, this is, in fact, not true. There were actually 2 Xenosaga games released on the Nintendo DS, but they were only released in Japan, as for other appearances made by KOS-MOS, she also appeared in Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier and Project X Zone, both of which were exclusive to the Nintendo DS and 3DS family.

Now, as for move-set potential, let me tell you, this character is far from lacking. She has a colossal amount of move-set potential, arguably more than any other Bandai-Namco character. She can morph her arms into swords, cannons, machine guns (albeit a bit too much for Smash) hammers, and laser cannons, not only that, but she can also utilize the power of ice and electricity and is capable of fast hand-to-hand combat. Now tell me, does that not sound SSB4 worthy?

And, as for a Final Smash, this is where the fun truly begins, so far, I was able to come up with 7 potential Final Smashes that KOS-MOS could potentially have. (if she gets in) Of course, I'll just give you one, just to save you the trouble.

KOS-MOS possesses many powerful moves that could be considered for a Final Smash, but the more obvious one is her signature move "D-Teneritas" this move allows KOS-MOS to charge up a powerful blast of energy which can be fired at an opponent, trapping them in an energy sphere, afterwards, KOS-MOS detonates a massive explosion within the energy sphere. This causes the energy sphere to explode, causing the enemy that was trapped inside it to take massive damage.

Now, let's be realistic, with what I've explained about Monolith-Soft and Bandai-Namco, this character does have a fair shot, of course, that doesn't mean that you have to want her, but you have to at least respect the possibility.

Now, I'll leave the rest to you, do you want KOS-MOS in the next installment to the Super Smash Bros. Series, or not? Feel free to discuss your opinions, I won't judge.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I believe I have seen a KOS-MOS thread here before... not sure.

I wish she was possible. She's pretty cool.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Very good points. I always make these points every time I address her chances for smash.

I made a thread on gamefaqs about this thread but I dont think it really got much attention

Excited to see a thread that I usually would make. If anyone is interested... here is my moveset. Note: KOS-MOS is my favourite VG character and her getting in would be my dream come true.

A Blade/whip (Becomes a combo like Link's sword stabs)

Side a (Scythe?)

B R cannon or drill (Can be charged by holding B) More likely that Cannon is better.

Side b Gatling guns (She fires them for about 2 seconds) Or pistol fire. If charged they can become stronger by a little.

Up b (Jetpack or a high jump)

Side smash: Scythe impact (Kos-mos slashes the opponent with her scythe)

Down Smash (D tooth) Kos-mos forms a laser out of her blade that sweeps the floor for a few seconds in saber mode.

Down a (Regular fast sweep)

Down b ( Ice crest) KOS-MOS freezes the opponent if they get near.

Final smash: X buster/D Teneritas/Nemesis/Hilbert effect

Up smash: R dragon (Kos-mos uppercuts with a dragon arm)

Up air: Short pistol shot

Side air: Has a sweet spot like Zelda's (A powerful kick)

Down air: R blade stab or D tooth stab (Saber)

Grab 1 (Down): KOS-MOS pummels the opponent into the ground with a kick

Grab 2 (UP) KOS-MOS hits the opponent with her blade

Grab 3 (Side) KOS-MOS kick the opponent side ways.

Final smash explanations

Nemesis: A brutal combo

Hilbert effect: KOS-MOS brings brutal status effects to the opponents like Luigi's negative zone

X buster: The famous beam attack from her stomach that goes in arcs.

D teneritas (Might be ridiculously OP) KOS-MOS opens her phase transfer cannon (not fixed on her breasts) and shoots a gigantic ball. She then throws a blade into it causing massive explosions to anyone caught.

What do you think needs to be changed? Does this sound like a realistic moveset she would use in a game like smash?

Thanks.

(I signed up only to post this :p)

Last edited:

SmashBoar

Smash Ace
NNID
GuardianOfZone3
Excited to see a thread that I usually would make. If anyone is interested... here is my moveset. Note: KOS-MOS is my favourite VG character and her getting in would be my dream come true.

A Blade/whip (Becomes a combo like Link's sword stabs)

Side a (Scythe?)

B R cannon or drill (Can be charged by holding B) More likely that Cannon is better.

Side b Gatling guns (She fires them for about 2 seconds) Or pistol fire. If charged they can become stronger by a little.

Up b (Jetpack or a high jump)

Side smash: Scythe impact (Kos-mos slashes the opponent with her scythe)

Down Smash (D tooth) Kos-mos forms a laser out of her blade that sweeps the floor for a few seconds in saber mode.

Down a (Regular fast sweep)

Down b ( Ice crest) KOS-MOS freezes the opponent if they get near.

Final smash: X buster/D Teneritas/Nemesis/Hilbert effect

Up smash: R dragon (Kos-mos uppercuts with a dragon arm)

Up air: Short pistol shot

Side air: Has a sweet spot like Zelda's (A powerful kick)

Down air: R blade stab or D tooth stab (Saber)

Grab 1 (Down): KOS-MOS pummels the opponent into the ground with a kick

Grab 2 (UP) KOS-MOS hits the opponent with her blade

Grab 3 (Side) KOS-MOS kick the opponent side ways.

Final smash explanations

Nemesis: A brutal combo

Hilbert effect: KOS-MOS brings brutal status effects to the opponents like Luigi's negative zone

X buster: The famous beam attack from her stomach that goes in arcs.

D teneritas (Might be ridiculously OP) KOS-MOS opens her phase transfer cannon (not fixed on her breasts) and shoots a gigantic ball. She then throws a blade into it causing massive explosions to anyone caught.

What do you think needs to be changed? Does this sound like a realistic moveset she would use in a game like smash?

Thanks.

(I signed up only to post this :p)
wow! that's a pretty good move-set idea :) though I see the Hilbert Effect as more of a down B move

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
wow! that's a pretty good move-set idea :) though I see the Hilbert Effect as more of a down B move
May I ask why? I listed it as a final smash option simply because in the Xeno games it gives her a huge advantage over the gnosis ;)

Maybe you just see X buster or D- Teneritas as more of an FS. I do also. They are more iconic moves.

SmashBoar

Smash Ace
NNID
GuardianOfZone3
May I ask why? I listed it as a final smash option simply because in the Xeno games it gives her a huge advantage over the gnosis ;)

Maybe you just see X buster or D- Teneritas as more of an FS. I do also. They are more iconic moves.
true :) I mainly feel this way because the Hilbert Effect isn't really much of a damaging move, something that you'd expect from a Final Smash, which is most likely why most people disliked Luigi's Final Smash in Brawl, though I feel like it would be a unique down B that could disable power up items, such as the Franklin Badge and the Starman

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I wish more people knew who she was so we could have more discussion. I think not many people have played Xenosaga in the west and EU. EU only ever got the second game (which is considered the worst)

However, she is popular in Japan. She has a whole set of action figures, collectible figures, etc. Namco Bandai also puts her in EVERY crossover they can think of. Therefore, as the OP said, she would have a chance in smash. Her chances are certainly not ZERO.

Hell, IMO people know about her more because of her crossovers and the like. Namco X capcom was a big one.

Smashboar: I like that you made this thread and I want to let you know that if you got more support or discussion it would be awesome!

Last edited:

SmashBoar

Smash Ace
NNID
GuardianOfZone3
I wish more people knew who she was so we could have more discussion. I think not many people have played Xenosaga in the west and EU. EU only ever got the second game (which is considered the worst)

However, she is popular in Japan. She has a whole set of action figures, collectible figures, etc. Namco Bandai also puts her in EVERY crossover they can think of. Therefore, as the OP said, she would have a chance in smash. Her chances are certainly not ZERO.

Hell, IMO people know about her more because of her crossovers and the like. Namco X capcom was a big one.

Smashboar: I like that you made this thread and I want to let you know that if you got more support or discussion it would be awesome!
thank you very much for the support :laugh:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I just wish more people would acknowledge KOS-MOS. She has immense potential for Smash bros in general. If anyone has played the Xenosaga games or Project X ZONE/Mugen no frontier super robot taisen OG saga, it is clear that she has potential.

D

Deleted member

I guess she could stand a decent chance, but she is kinda decimated from Pac-Man.
Also, I read the OP and to correct you on something, Monolith Soft is a 1st party company to Nintendo! So... there is Shulk of course, definitely the most appropriate character to represent Monolith Soft.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I guess she could stand a decent chance, but she is kinda decimated from Pac-Man.
Also, I read the OP and to correct you on something, Monolith Soft is a 1st party company to Nintendo! So... there is Shulk of course, definitely the most appropriate character to represent Monolith Soft.
Yeah, but KOS-MOS is owned by Namco so she wouldnt have a chance at being anything besides a representative for namco. Namco never gave her away to nintendo.

SmashBoar

Smash Ace
NNID
GuardianOfZone3
oh yeah, I meant to say 1st-party, I personally wouldn't mind Shulk, though at the same time, why not have both?

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I think her first version would be best for smash bros.

It is IMO much less revealing. Although I do not think the appearance should matter. But in order for my moveset to work, Version 4 would have to be used.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

SmashBoar

Smash Ace
NNID
GuardianOfZone3
I think her first version would be best for smash bros.

It is IMO much less revealing. Although I do not think the appearance should matter. But in order for my moveset to work, Version 3 would have to be used.

Thoughts?
I was thinking the same thing, plus version 1 was where I got the majority of the Final Smash ideas from

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I think KOS-MOS today is best recognized/known by her latest appearance.

This is artwork from Project X Zone. Her vector blade would be an integral part of her moveset, imo. When deciding my moveset I usually had this version of KOS-MOS in my mind.

Here is also a video of a brawl hack using her version 1 costume against Shulk. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6gSg3YdF0k I assume that person gave her ZSS's moveset because it makes the most sense.

But yeah this is just demonstrating that I would welcome any of her versions to smash. I imagine her most "iconic" is the picture above.

SmashBoar

Smash Ace
NNID
GuardianOfZone3
I think KOS-MOS today is best recognized/known by her latest appearance.

This is artwork from Project X Zone. Her vector blade would be an integral part of her moveset, imo. When deciding my moveset I usually had this version of KOS-MOS in my mind.

Here is also a video of a brawl hack using her version 1 costume against Shulk. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6gSg3YdF0k I assume that person gave her ZSS's moveset because it makes the most sense.

But yeah this is just demonstrating that I would welcome any of her versions to smash. I imagine her most "iconic" is the picture above.
heh, I actually saw that video a while back, quite a coincidence

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
I think her getting into Smash 4 is next to impossible, but on the other hand, it's not necessarily that much more unlikely than Marth in Melee. In terms of potential movesets (which apparently is a huge factor), she probably has more options than any other character that even 'kinda-sorta-almost' has an affiliation with Nintendo. Still, Shulk is much more likely to be in Smash 4 than KOS-MOS despite all of that. He's newer, he's better known, he has a much closer connection to Nintendo.
99.9% sure this won't happen, but I would be crying tears of joy if it did.

SmashBoar

Smash Ace
NNID
GuardianOfZone3
I think her getting into Smash 4 is next to impossible, but on the other hand, it's not necessarily that much more unlikely than Marth in Melee. In terms of potential movesets (which apparently is a huge factor), she probably has more options than any other character that even 'kinda-sorta-almost' has an affiliation with Nintendo. Still, Shulk is much more likely to be in Smash 4 than KOS-MOS despite all of that. He's newer, he's better known, he has a much closer connection to Nintendo.
99.9% sure this won't happen, but I would be crying tears of joy if it did.
very fair reasoning, I'd actually be surprised if she got in, though at the same time I wouldn't be too surprised, she's easily my 2nd most wanted :)

Morbi

Scavenger
Sakurai already confirmed KOS-MOS for a cameo in Smash; she is under Rosalina's Dress!

Get it? The cosmos? Under Rosalina's Dress? Oblivious Sakurai? No? I am the only one that thought it was funny...

SmashBoar

Smash Ace
NNID
GuardianOfZone3
Sakurai already confirmed KOS-MOS for a cameo in Smash; she is under Rosalina's Dress!

Get it? The cosmos? Under Rosalina's Dress? Oblivious Sakurai? No? I am the only one that thought it was funny...
clever :laugh: I can see it now; "Pic Of The Day. The next newcomer was here this whole time, under Rosalina's gown! How does she even fit under there?"

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Now that Monolith Soft and Namco are both part of smash bros. I know KOS-MOS had a really low percentage of becoming a playable character or assist trophy, but do you think they'll at least mention her since both companies made the Xenosaga series?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I have no idea who this character is beyond the name and face, but my word, she is a thing of beauty. I'm a real sucker for sci-fi cyborg gals.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Since both Monolith Soft and Namco are working with Nintendo do you think they'll throw in a trophy for her at least?
This time around? It's highly possible. With the amount of trophies we know will be in the game and the sheer wealth of history that Sakurai lavishes on each series, we may just see our pretty cyborg angel gal gracing our collections after all!

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
This time around? It's highly possible. With the amount of trophies we know will be in the game and the sheer wealth of history that Sakurai lavishes on each series, we may just see our pretty cyborg angel gal gracing our collections after all!
Yeah I hope they can give her a trophy, this smash bros is the perfect opportunity for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom