• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Burning with Passion - Lysandre (Pokémon XY Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Spoilers for Pokémon X and Y!

Lysandre
Lysandre is the leader of Team Flare from Pokémon X and Y. Lysandre would be a unique take on the Pokémon Trainer character. Unlike the Trainer from Brawl, Lysandre would physically fight, using the various Pokémon from his team for Specials, Smash attacks while his other attacks such as tilts and aerials would be melee attacks. I believe Lysandre would be a great addition to Smash because would be a unique take on a Pokémon newcomer and his team represents four different generations of Pokémon games.

The Man:

Hometown: Snowbelle City
Home Region: Kalos
Family: AZ
Friends: Professor Sycamore
Class: Boss

Manga Artwork
Battle Theme

Honchkrow

By Chris Moschler
By PurpleKecleon
By Rajewel

Mienshao

Pyroar

The Moveset:

Unlike Pokemon Trainer, Lysandre would actually physically fight and use Pokemon for different attacks. This could work similarly to Yuna from Final Fantasy: Dissidia 012. I was thinking that his Smash attacks and Special attacks could utilize his Pokemon team while his other attacks could focus on Lysandre attacking physically.

Weak Attacks
Neutral: Lysandre attacks with a combo of punches followed by a fierce kick diagonally upward (think Shawn Michaels' Sweet Chin Music).
Up Tilt: Uppercut
Down Tilt: Low sweep that trips the opponent
Side Tilt: Strong straight punch

Smash Attacks
Up Smash: Mienshao uppercuts the opponent and sends him flying into the air. This could be a set-up move for Lysandre to follow up with an air attack.
Down Smash: Gyarados slams the ground, letting out waves that attack both sides.
Side Smash: Pyroar lets out a Fire Blast, which is a short-range projectile attack that damages and burns anyone hit by it.

Specials
Neutral B: Gyarados coils around Lysandre and unleashes a hyper beam. the longer B is held before release, the stronger the hyper beam will be.
Up B: Lysandre rides Honchkrow diagonally upwards and attacks his opponent.
Down B: Similar to Lucario's counter. Mienshao blocks the opponent's attack and counters from behind.
Side B: Pyroar unleashes a Noble Roar. This will break the shield of anyone hit by the sound waves and put them it and put them in a shield-break state (similar to Mewtwo's Disable attack from Melee).

Dash Attack: Shoulder tackle (similar to Ganondorf's)

Air Attacks
Neutral: Similar to Mewtwo's Neutral Air. Lysandre zaps his opponent with an electric force field.
Up: Flip kick, similar to Captain Falcon and Ganondorf
Down: Lysandre dives diagonally downward on Honchkrow, similar to Shiek's down aerial
Side: Lysandre delivers an axe kick that spikes his opponent downward

Throws
Grab: Lysandre grabs the opponent with his Dr. Octopus Tentacles
Pummel: Lysandre squeezes his opponent with the tentacles
Up Throw: Similar to Mewtwo's Melee up throw. He throws the opponent into the air and fires a series of lasers from his tentacles diagonally upwards.
Down Throw: Lysandre's tentacles slam the opponent into the ground and Lysandre stomps on them
Side Throw: Lysandre's tentacles pull the opponent close to him and he strikes them away with a powerful straight punch.

Final Smash
Final Smash: Ultimate Weapon: Lysandre summons the ultimate weapon to fire into the sky. It then rains down laser beams similarly to PK Starstorm. This can set the ground on fire and damage anyone who touches it.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Isn't AZ technically his great great - great uncle?

Also could do with a spoiler warning at the top. Otherwise I like the idea, mostly because of the Pokemon choices/moveset hybrid.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Thanks for the compliment. I figured the spoilers in the topic title would have been enough, but I'll add them to the top as well. You're right about his relation to AZ, I knew that but reading his wikia page made me think brother since it says "brother of AZ's descendant" and I must have typed it since I was tired.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I actually really like this idea. Lysandre is by far my favorite team boss, and a moveset that involved both him AND the Pokemon, while farfetched as a real possibility, could be VERY cool.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Hm, what about Mega Gyarados which he used? Other than maybe that, pretty solid I must say.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I originally planned for him to use Mega Gyarados for his final smash, but then decided that the ultimate weapon would be a better choice.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Fair enough. Thinking about it, I guess it would be. That weapon was part of why I felt Lysandre was easily one of the better team leaders in Pokemon far as villainous goals and such.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I really like this idea. It makes me think of how Yuna plays in Dissidia, and I always loved that. To be honest, though, I'm really more of a fan of the character idea as opposed to Lysandre and his team specifically. If this moveset-type was implemented with really any Pokémon Trainer/Team, I'd be pretty happy.

EDIT: Just reread the OP and saw the Yuna reference. I'm dumb.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Hmmm... I would say an evolution mechanic might need to be explored before a human fighter complimented by his pokemon.

Good imagination.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Thanks, I'm glad you guys seem to like the moveset. It's true that something like this could work for other trainers as well and it doesn't necessarily have to be Lysandre himself. I think it would probably work best on any of the evil team leaders such as Giovanni, Ghetsis, or Cyrus as well as Pokemon League champions like Cynthia. The reasons I chose Lysandre are because he is the most recent, his team represents 4 generations (5 if you count Murkrow), he has a very enjoyable character, and he seemed well suited for a physical fighting style. He also seems like a good choice for a gen 6 rep, since there aren't really very many stand-out Pokemon from this gen that could work well as characters.

D

Deleted member

Final Smash not Mega Gyarados Earthquake?

I am disappoint.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I was definitely considering using Mega Gyarados for his Final Smash, but I ultimately decided to change it (pun intended :p).

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
He could summon the ultimate weapon, causing it to come up from the ground of the stage to make it more accurate to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom