• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Overturning Pokemon, Malamar for Smash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Malamar

What is Malamar?

Malamar is a Psychic-Dark type Pokemon introduced in Generation Six. It is the Overturning Pokemon, and has a heavy emphasis on flipping things upside down. It looks like it's pre-evolution, Inkay, but flipped upside-down, and it has a signature move called Topsy-Turvy, which reverses opponents stat changes. It also gets the ability Contrary, which reverses it's own stat changes. According to the Pokedex, it has very powerful hypnotic powers and can make others do anything it wants them to do.
Why Malamar?
It is recent, due to being introduced in Pokemon X and Y, and fairly popular. It is the only Pokemon with the Psychic-Dark typing. It also seems to have an important role in the Pokemon X and Y anime.
What would it do?
It could use moves like Psychic, Dark Pulse, Psycho Cut, Swagger, and Hypnosis, and could probably have a gimmicky use for Topsy-Turvy.
Arguments
He wouldn't be unique!
He's one of the most gimmicky Pokemon ever, and if they carry that over to Smash, there's no way he'll be boring.
Why would we have him instead of Greninja, or some other Six Gen rep?
Because he does things Greninja, Hawlucha, Pangoro, and all of the potential Six Gen reps don't do.
He's ugly!
That's an opinion.

Moveset
B:Topsy-Turvy
Trips opponent. Short range.
Side B: Psycho Cut
Shoots blasts of psychic energy forward.
Up B: Psychic
Levitates for two seconds. Can control flight pattern. Brings all enemies and items right next to Malamar with it.
Down B: Hypnosis
Controls enemies for four seconds. The opponent, while hypnotized, cannot jump or walk off the edge. Long recharge time.
Final Smash: Dark Pulse
Shoots out aura of darkness. Does damage and stuns opponents.

Playstyle

It would mainly use lots of gimmicks, like breaking shields with Hypnosis, dropping people of the stage with Psychic, and tripping people with Topsy-Turvy.

Supporters
dimensionsword64
cephalopod17
Sabrewulf238
Headcrab Jackalope

Last edited:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I used Malamar on my main team in X/Y, and even though it doesn't have much of a chance, I support!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Malamar is my favourite 6th pokemon, so of course I would support.

He's got next to no chance though.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Heeeey. I was gonna make this thread... :urg:

Anyway, Malamar is my third favorite Pokémon ever, and I'd love to see it in Smash! I SUPPORT!

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom