• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Honey Queen-- To bee playable

If she got in Smash Bros, what would her name be?

• Queen Sweetbee! Her name in Italy!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

andimidna

Smash Master
"My thanks! You have shown much bravery, New Bee. We trust that we may rely on you in the future!"

Queen Bee is a recurring Mario character, mostly appearing in only the main Mario titles. After being in twice as many main Mario titles as Waluigi and Daisy combined, she deserves consideration as a playable character in Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3ds. Her inclusion was impossible before Rosalina's, however:

Rosalina is confirmed, and now the door has opened for another Galaxy character.
Queen Bee was shown to be a very knowledgeable character in both Galaxy games. She speaks with an advanced vocabulary, however, she relies on Mario and her minions for survival.

So what might her moveset be?
Well she would most likely use Bees the same way King Dedede uses Waddle Dees.
Side Special: Bee
Neutral Special: Honey- she would toss it on the ground in front of her, this would slow down opponents that walk on top of it, however, it would disappear in under 15 seconds
Up Special: ...well she's a bee, so she can fly... Flight- she'd twirl up into the sky, and would fall very slowly despite being a heavy character. But she has many jumps, like Pit.
Down Special: Starbit Blast- she'd blast multiple starbits around her, protecting herself
Final Smash: Antigravity- the opponents are in slow motion, without full control, and it's difficult to reach he ground, she can get people easily like this, as they are very vulnerable, however, it doesn't last very long.
Arguments:
Way too big!

She is not too big. They resized her in Mario Kart 7.

She won't get in over other Mario characters!

She'd certainly be a surprise character, and a joke character.
However, there aren't very many more you can choose.
Not very many have had a notable supporting role in multiple main Mario titles, and have gotten into the spinoffs.
She's hated!

Well than stop supporting Tingle, or any character for that matter. Every character gets both hate and love. It's not like I'm asking for Navi.
She'll probably never be in another Mario game!

I think it's likely she'll return in Mario Kart 8, however, I have nothing to back this up.

The possibility of a Galaxy 3 has already been discussed in an Iwata Asks, and Queen Bee has had perfect attendance in the Galaxy series, so I doubt she'd miss out on the 3rd.
lol... I just made a legitimate support thread for Honey Queen...

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
:facepalm: I... I don't want to hate you, but I think I might anyway. SERIOUSLY! You'll make fun of me for making a Tortimer thread, and then you make Honey Queen.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't mean to be a downer, but the best chance that Honey Queen has of being represented is probably going to be a trophy cameo.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
>the poll

I didn't know anyone actually wanted this thing that TOOK THE SPOT OF A CHARACTERS THAT SHOULD'VE BEEN IN MARIO KART! That being said, she's still better then Taro Yamada.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honey Queen got in over Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, and Waluigi in Mario Kart 7. That ticked me off.

Rosalina getting in over Bowser Jr. for SSB4 is a tough pill to swallow, but to see her here would feel like a punch in the chest.

andimidna

Smash Master
Lol guys, I don't actually want her playable, calm down. She's a joke character.
I think it would be funny if she had an assist, and then Sakurai pretended she was playable on April Fools day. And he could just watch the world burn. Nobody should expect a slot or assist for her, but I'm expecting her to get a trophy. Possibly a cameo too.

I thought "lol I just made a legitimate support thread for Honey Queen..."
Would be enough to show I don't actually support her, but oh well. I don't support a 6th Mario rep, but I wouldn't mind Bowser Jr. That's why I put those as options in the poll

andimidna

Smash Master
If Rosalina and Honey Queen both get in, we would have both of the Galaxy Girls! lol
Yup! Haha!
mod lock thread plz kthx
This thread meets all expectations and guidelines, so no.
I may not support her, but my only goal was to have a thread that wasn't locked.
Honey Queen got in over Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, and Waluigi in Mario Kart 7. That ticked me off.

Rosalina getting in over Bowser Jr. for SSB4 is a tough pill to swallow, but to see her here would feel like a punch in the chest.
Rosalina> Bowser Jr> Honey Queen> Waluigi
just sayin'

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Shoot for the stars, it worked pretty well for Mario in Galaxy.
This is a legitimate thread.
It has a moveset, pictures, and arguments.
There's no luck involved, it will just stay and eventually make it's way to thread list 20 due to nobody supporting her.
The fact that Wii Fit Trainer is in should scare people enough into the possibility Honeybee Queen comes out of nowhere.
She has been in twice as many main titles as Daisy and Waluigi combined.
She's been in more spinoffs than E Gadd.
Believe it or not, she's a potential candidate.
Does she have more than a 1% chance? No.
But, who cares? There's a thread for Stork. So there can be a thread for Honey Queen Bee.

I don't mean to be a downer, but the best chance that Honey Queen has of being represented is probably going to be a trophy cameo.
I put the "6th Mario rep will be Bowser Jr" option in the poll just for you ;)

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I was thinking how Honey Queen could be cool for Mario Kart on 3DS, turns out I got a prediction right.
But now I regret my prediction now that she got in over Waluigi. :(
Not too sure if I support this.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
The difference is that Stork is loved, while Honey Queen is hated. :troll:
Stork is loved?

I thought pretty much everybody except 5 people were neutral.
At least Honey Queen is well-known because she has a strong hate-base :troll:

why

why would you do this
To laugh when it actually happens, watching the world burn... it's... beautiful...

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Actually, this is perfect.

We could get Honey Queen instead of Waluigi, just like in MK7, and we can get Metal Mario instead of...I dunno, throw out one of those ****ty characters like Ridley or K. Rool or Mewtwo.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Actually, this is perfect.

We could get Honey Queen instead of Waluigi, just like in MK7, and we can get Metal Mario instead of...I dunno, throw out one of those ****ty characters like Ridley or K. Rool or Mewtwo.
Better edit your post with /sarcasm or a troll face before anyone starts to hate you.

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
Only bees that i want to bee in the game are these guys:

andimidna

Smash Master
I don't think they'd develop that Toad move in HD just to scrap it for Rainbows. Besides,doesn't her side attack have 3 variations? I'm think her up attack might gain 2. That's her gimmick I guess.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Like many others have already said, that bee left a very bad taste in my mouth after taking other, already established characters' place in Mario Kart 7. :evil:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Whoa, are people still sore with Waluigi not being in Mario Kart 7? Especially now that he's back in Mario Kart 8? :/

To be honest, I'd personally be a bit more ticked off with Metal Mario than Honey Queen but ah well, I hardly ever use her anyway. :T

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The difference is that Stork is loved, while Honey Queen is hated. :troll:
Stork is loved on Smashboards. Nowhere else is he actually considered a character. Even so it's basically a running gag.
I despise Honey Queen so no, I don't support. If fact I would do unspeakable things if this happened.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'll only support her if they give her a new and less awful voice actress. Whoever voiced her in Galaxy did a better job than the likes of whoever the **** voiced her in Mario Kart 7. As for her fighting, I do like the idea of a queen bee fighting with her mini-minons like the real animal. I used to hate her in the past, then started to like her more after replaying Super Mario Galaxy for kicks. I loved her role, appearance and voice in that game more than Mario Kart due to bastardizing her character like Miyamoto did to Daisy post Mario Kart: Double Dash. Just wait for her to get a better role in future games like Rosalina then I would take her more seriously.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
AHH YOU USED A BEE PUN IN THE TITLE!

A BEE-LLION LIKES

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I'll only support her if they give her a new and less awful voice actress. Whoever voiced her in Galaxy did a better job than the likes of whoever the **** voiced her in Mario Kart 7. As for her fighting, I do like the idea of a queen bee fighting with her mini-minons like the real animal. I used to hate her in the past, then started to like her more after replaying Super Mario Galaxy for kicks. I loved her role, appearance and voice in that game more than Mario Kart due to *******izing her character like Miyamoto did to Daisy post Mario Kart: Double Dash. Just wait for her to get a better role in future games like Rosalina then I would take her more seriously.
They messed up Rosalina's voice in Mario Kart 7 too.
I got so used to her natural, real human-esque voice in Galaxy 1
And her deep, calm voice in Mario Kart Wii also suited her character
And then they were like "hey, you know what might be fun? Let's make Rosalina sound like a ditsy cowgirl! Yay!!"
Her 3rd voice actress is pretty good though, not great like the original, but not bad like Kane.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
And then they were like "hey, you know what might be fun? Let's make Rosalina sound like a ditsy cowgirl! Yay!!"
Her 3rd voice actress is pretty good though, not great like the original, but not bad like Kane.
Her Kart 7 sounded more deity-like IMO. Also the one for Galaxy and Kart Wii are the same actress. Kerri could have become the official established actress for Rosa, but that would've caused moving problems.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Actually, I was referring to Honey Queen's voice. XD

Edit: I did read you comment right. My bad!

Last edited:

Reader

Smash Apprentice
Do we need a huge flying merciless beast? I don't think so. Those types of characters would make great stage hazards or assist trophies.

andimidna

Smash Master
Do we need a huge flying merciless beast? I don't think so. Those types of characters would make great stage hazards or assist trophies.
That sounds very toobigot-y... alright...
I would love her to be a stage hazard for Gateway Galaxy. I could see HoneyHive showing up in the background, and her doing... something.
Assist would probably be ideal though.

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
I'm all for Honey queen these days
She'd be great as a stage not even a hazard just a stage.
The characters could "tickle" her while they fight on her. The Galaxy stage could switch to her randomly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom