• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heh heh HORF! The Tortimer for SSB4 Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

Tortimer is the mayor of the Animal Crossing universe, up until the release of Animal Crossing New Leaf, where he is replaced by the player character. He gives the player gifts on holidays, except in New Leaf, in which he is retired from mayorship and instead runs minigames on his own island.

Objections
  1. But Tortimer can't be playable, he's too old! Well then, I guess the same goes toward Cranky Kong. Honestly, old people are a vast minority in Smash, being represented by exactly zero characters.
  2. Animal Crossing doesn't need a new character. Well, Star Fox didn't need a third character, and Fire Emblem honestly didn't need three reps either. But Animal Crossing is a major, well-known Nintendo franchise, and Tortimer has a lot more going for him than other potential candidates, like Tom Nook or Mr. Resetti.
  3. He's already in the background of the Tortimer Isle stage, so he can't be playable. Well, Toon Link was also shown as the conductor of the Spirit Tracks stage, and lo and behold here is another 3DS stage with a background character. Oddly enough, this stage has been shown before with Kapp'n in the background, so it's perfectly possible Tortimer can be replaced, especially since he doesn't seem to really doing anything.
  4. If we got an old character, it would be Cranky. Well, we really have no way of knowing that. Cranky has some stiff competition for a new DK slot, or even two DK slots, with Dixie and King K. Rool. Tortimer has almost nonexistent competition for an old character, the only others I will even consider getting in being Wang Jinrei from Tekken, who's a long shot, and... well, that's it, really.
Moveset
Coming soon to a shell near you! But, what I can tell you is that he's slow and deliberate, going towards his opponents with determination.

Alt. Costume

Cornimer!

Welshy91

Smash Ace
"Because why not"

I have a better question. Why?

The last thing this forum needs another user making pointless threads because they're "clever" and "thinking outside the box".

Actually I take that back.

The last thing this forum needs is a Ridley/K. Rool/Mewtwo deconfirmation.

This crap is a close second though.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Tortimer eh? Not before Nook and Resetti for me.

"Because why not!?" isn't a reason I'd bank on being "good".

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
"Because why not"

I have a better question. Why?

The last thing this forum needs another user making pointless threads because they're "clever" and "thinking outside the box".

Actually I take that back.

The last thing this forum needs is a Ridley/K. Rool/Mewtwo deconfirmation.

This crap is a close second though.
Well, this certainly isn't a joke thread. This is a character I support, so, yeah, if you don't like it, you can leave. And not come back. That goes for Smashboards, too. And the title is because I'm not clever and couldn't think of anything until now, actually.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You didn't get the idea of making this thread until after his disconfirmation. Riiiight.

And don't throw the Toon Link logic without thinking about it. Conductor Link and Smash's Toon Link are two different individuals, but there is only one Tortimer, who appears on the background of Tortimer Island.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Well, this certainly isn't a joke thread. This is a character I support, so, yeah, if you don't like it, you can leave. And not come back. That goes for Smashboards, too. And the title is because I'm not clever and couldn't think of anything until now, actually.
Unfortunately for you I'm not going anywhere, unlike this thread, which will probably be going to rot along all the other character support threads no one cares about except their creators.

Now, Tortimer for background element in SSB4, there's a cause I can get behind.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
You didn't get the idea of making this thread until after his disconfirmation. Riiiight.

And don't throw the Toon Link logic without thinking about it. Conductor Link and Smash's Toon Link are two different individuals, but there is only one Tortimer, who appears on the background of Tortimer Island.
Conductor Link changes when Toon Link is fighting though.
He is treated like he was the same character, so logic applies :p

of course he is not going to be in, come on guys, everybody has common sense...

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Take your bickering elsewhere, then again, this is a thread about an old person.:laugh:

But anyway, I had the idea when I advanced my 3DS clock when I was playing Animal Crossing: Wild World, and received my gift, @ FalKoopa FalKoopa , but I do see your logic and respect your opinion, even if I think it's a load of ****. But anyway, yeah.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Yea, time to go make a thread for Lubba and Dedenne too, right?
You still butthurt about my dislike for Palutena, no? Read the entire thread, and you'll see why I support him. People said the same about Toon Link, and that was even more drastic. So why not Tortimer?

andimidna

Smash Master
C'mon... Tortimer wouldn't get in over Tom Nook and Isabella... Toon Link was in Brawl and already had a remake. And ST Link is actually like the great grandfather of Toon Link. Which is more similar to the 8 bit Cranky Kong on 75m. Tortimer IS Tortimer. There is no other Tortimer. And I didn't even know you disliked Palutena, and have no idea why you would. She's pretty much a guarantee and her humor is charming. Her new design is amazing. I see no reason to dislike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom