• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Keldeo would like to battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
This thread is for discussing ideas about Keldeo being a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS.

Keldeo smash card.jpg

The following is a list of IDEAS for the moveset, and may be added upon and altered by fellow viewers of the thread.
ANY move can be changed with discussion, and moves labeled (Debateable) are likely placeholders.

Special moves:

Neutral B: Focus Blast
Charges 2 ways similarly to Zero Suit Samus, but with different effects: the weak charge is a small sphere that launches quickly and can hit 3 times before disappearing, but has very minimal damage and knockback. The second charge is a larger sphere that launches at the same speed and deals more damage and knockback, but requires more time to charge and disappears immediately.

Side B: Sacred Sword
Medium-range beam sword emits from Keldeo's horn, which can be swung 3 times in succession, but not nearly as quickly as Marth's Double-Edge Dance. The first swing is an up-swing that can launch foes. Good for setting up an air combo. The second swing is a downward strike that can send foes downward if the opponent is hit while airborne. The third strike is a forward thrust that is good for distancing the opponent from himself.

Down B: ????

Up B: Aqua Jet
Similiar to R.O.B., this move enables Keldeo to launch up in the air, though somewhat faster than R.O.B. (therefore with a shorter duration). Anyone caught underneath the spraying water gets pushed back a small bit. Because of this, the range of the water spray is short.

Standard attacks:

Neutral A
Keldeo swings a short-range sword from his horn, first with a left side swipe, and then with a forward-moving right side swipe. Chance of knockback if the opponent's damage is 70%+.

Side Tilt
Keldeo bucks with his rear legs. Angle-adjustable.

Up Tilt
(Debateable) Keldeo flicks his horn upwards ala Yoshi in Smash 64. Again, the horn is the sweetspot for knockback and produces cutting damage.

Down Tilt
Keldeo swings his tail downward.

Running Tilt
Keldeo headbutts similarly to Pikachu, again with the horn being the sweetspot for knockback and produces cutting damage.

Forward Smash: ????

Upward Smash: ????

Downward Smash: ????

Neutral Air
(Debateable) Keldeo whips his tail outward, and sprays water (as in Aqua Tail). Similar to Charizard in Project M, the tail stretches outward and can still attack by the near-end of the animation.

Forward Air: ????

Back Air
Keldeo launches a short-range spurt of water from his rear hooves. This also sends Keldeo in a forwards trajectory (similar to R.O.B.)

Up Air: ????

Down Air: ????

Grab
Keldeo bites the opponent to latch onto them.

Grab A

(Debateable) Keldeo butts his horn on the opponent OR bites harder.

Forward Throw
Similar to Charizard, he throws the opponent with a single spiral for momentum.

Back Throw: ????

Up Throw

Keldeo hurls the foe slightly above himself and bucks at a high angle.

Down Throw: ????

Final Smash: Resolute Form

Keldeo's horn attacks grow in range exponentially, and all attacks receive some form of buff (debateable).

Character Setup
Keldeo had been raised and trained by the Sacred Swordsmen, Cobalion, Virizion, and Terrakion, until he defeated them all. After that, he ran off, presumably in search of stronger opponents. In this case, he finds the other Nintendo characters. In the film Kyurem vs. The Sword of Justice, he wanted to battle anyone, even those stronger than himself to prove he is worthy of becoming a Sacred Swordsman/Sword of Justice. That drive applies to his appearance in the game as well.

Last edited:

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
You can't really tell people to not post, only if they support. It's up for discussion either way, support or not.

To me, I really think this is pushing it. Now it seems like we're just going to start throwing out characters, just to say "Yeah, I totally support it.". I'll hold back any more judgement in case you include a move-set and reasons why Keldeo should be in.

Until that point, I just feel this is another "I WANT HIM IN BECAUSE .. HE'S A CHARACTER FROM NINTENDO."

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i would say the main thing keldeo has going for him is that he is the star of the first pokemon film to come out during ssb4 development which could very well influence it

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
You can't really tell people to not post, only if they support. It's up for discussion either way, support or not.

To me, I really think this is pushing it. Now it seems like we're just going to start throwing out characters, just to say "Yeah, I totally support it.". I'll hold back any more judgement in case you include a move-set and reasons why Keldeo should be in.

Until that point, I just feel this is another "I WANT HIM IN BECAUSE .. HE'S A CHARACTER FROM NINTENDO."
I only set up that rule to get rid of anyone who wants to tell me "oh it's stupid" or any other form of hate mail.

I do have reasons, but I need help discussing them as well as not all of my ideas are great I imagine. If you'd like I can post a brief special moveset thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
As others have said, the OP is lacking. It should have more information on the character in question.

Also, users are allowed to post whatever they wish, as long as it isn't spam or offensive material.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
As others have said, the OP is lacking. It should have more information on the character in question.

Also, users are allowed to post whatever they wish, as long as it isn't spam or offensive material.
Refresh it now. Moveset has been added. Empty slots free for discussion.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463

Come see now the marvelous update that puts all those worries to rest. At least for the moveset. And the removal of the policy.

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Woooooh. Triple post. Getting trippy...

I don't really think s/he has a shot, but the design is pretty cool/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom