• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Armor Pokemon, Tyranitar for Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
:248:Tyranitar:248:

:248:What is Tyranitar?:248:

Tyranitar is the Armor Pokemon. It was introduced in Pokemon Gold and Silver. It is a Rock-Dark type pokemon. It also got a Mega Evolution in Pokemon X and Y.

:248:Why Tyranitar?:248:
Tyranitar is iconic, unique, and relevant, due to getting a Mega Evolution.

:248:What would it do?:248:
It could bite, scratch, punch, and even use moves like Ice Beam and Dark Pulse.

:248:Arguments::248:
Tyranitar is irrelevant!
But he got a Mega-Evolution.
In game, he only learns rock, ground, and dark type moves!
He actually has a very wide variety of moves, like Thunderbolt and Flamethrower.
We should have a new pokemon, like Zoroark, or have Mewtwo.
Tyranitar would represent second gen, which hasn't been represented, aside from Pichu, who was cut.

:248:Moveset::248:
Most of his A moves would be slow, but powerful attacks. He would also have super armor during some of his attacks.
B: Sand Stream
A veil of sand whirls around Tyranitar, protect him from attacks and doing damage to those around him.
Side B: Crunch
Runs forward a short distance and bites all opponents he meets on the way.
Up B: Surf
Surfs upwards on water.
Down B: Earthquake
Pounds the ground, causing moderate damage to those around him.
Final Smash: Mega Tyranitar
Tyranitar Mega-Evolves. He turns invincible, and all of his moves are powered up. Lasts about 12 seconds.

:248:Playstyle::248:
He would be a slow character that relies on super armor to pull off his strong attacks. He wouldn't be very good against projectile characters, since they could attack from a distance, but he would be good against slow melee attackers.

:248:Supporters::248:
dimensionsword64
Cobalsh
ToothiestAura

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I always loved Tyranitar. Sign me up, I'll go get a sig for us.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
At least it isn't another Generation 1 Pokémon. Anyway, Tyranitar is too big for Super Smash Bros.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Sakurai said that characters aren't always true to scale.
Pretty sure he was joking. Also, here is some constructive criticism on some things you said:

The same can be said about Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Alakazam, Ampharos, Blaziken, Medicham, Houndoom and all other Pokémon that got a Mega Evolution.

What would it do?

Ice Beam and other elemental attacks won't fit. Sure, Chansey can learn Flamethrower, but would it make sense for Chansey to have Flamethrower in it's moveset if it was playable? No. Tyranitar should be limited to scratches, bites, punches, and Rock, Ground and Dark type attacks.

Arguments:
Tyranitar is irrelevant!

Like other 30+ Pokémon.

He actually has a very wide variety of moves, like Thunderbolt and Flamethrower.

But these would not fit.

Tyranitar would represent second gen, which hasn't been represented, aside from Pichu, who was cut.

Sakurai does not care about representing generations.

Moveset:

Surfs upwards on water.

Does not make sense. Sounds too forced. Remember Up Specials don't need to be recovery moves.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Pretty sure he was joking. Also, here is some constructive criticism on some things you said:

The same can be said about Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Alakazam, Ampharos, Blaziken, Medicham, Houndoom and all other Pokémon that got a Mega Evolution.

You can use that argument for any character.

What would it do?

Ice Beam and other elemental attacks won't fit. Sure, Chansey can learn Flamethrower, but would it make sense for Chansey to have Flamethrower in it's moveset if it was playable? No. Tyranitar should be limited to scratches, bites, punches, and Rock, Ground and Dark type attacks.

Sakurai is the one that decides that. And you should never limit a character with lots of potential to boring stuff.

Arguments:
Tyranitar is irrelevant!

Like other 30+ Pokémon.

30 out of 700. Not many pokemon have Mega Evolutions.

But these would not fit.

Again, Sakurai decides that.

Sakurai does not care about representing generations.

But half of the fans do, and lots of people want Pokemon from each gen.

Moveset:

Surfs upwards on water.

Does not make sense. Sounds too forced. Remember Up Specials don't need to be recovery moves.

This is a character who would be very heavy. He would need to have a recovery move.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
The second gen rep should be Smeargle! It's Kirby only with four copy abilities! :troll:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
People need to give Tyranitar a chance. First thing Tepig does when he gets here is write it off. Sure, constructive criticism and what not, but meh.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Tyranitar is amazing, and one of the coolest Pokemon designs. However, I don;t think he'll be in, he faces too much competition from other reps, such as Mewtwo.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Tyranitar will be bottom tier because it has a quad weakness to Fighting type moves.

Huehuehuehue.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I like the idea, but your moveset needs a bit of help.
There's honestly enough you could do with the rock type to make an entire moveset. And since rock/ground moves are sort of indistinguishable, you could use those too and it would feel right at home on Tyranitar. That, and some dark type moves should be more than enough for a moveset. You shouldn't need to go into attacks like Ice Beam, Flamethrower or Surf.
Using rock and earth based attacks would make him fairly unique, at least among the current playable characters as none of them use earth based attacks like that.
There's a lot of potential there.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I like the idea, but your moveset needs a bit of help.
There's honestly enough you could do with the rock type to make an entire moveset. And since rock/ground moves are sort of indistinguishable, you could use those too and it would feel right at home on Tyranitar. That, and some dark type moves should be more than enough for a moveset. You shouldn't need to go into attacks like Ice Beam, Flamethrower or Surf.
Using rock and earth based attacks would make him fairly unique, at least among the current playable characters as none of them use earth based attacks like that.
There's a lot of potential there.
But just rock and ground stuff is boring. Why have just boring stuff if you have unique stuff you can also use?

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
But just rock and ground stuff is boring. Why have just boring stuff if you have unique stuff you can also use?
Rock and Ground can be interesting and unique. Keep in mind you don't have to use moves strictly from Pokemon, you can make things up. Smash has no problem with that.
In any case, I support Tyranitar. If only because he's one of the few 2nd Gen Pokemon that would fit. And 2nd Gen needs a playable rep.
I might make a moveset for him, just don't expect it too soon.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Rock and Ground can be interesting and unique. Keep in mind you don't have to use moves strictly from Pokemon, you can make things up. Smash has no problem with that.
In any case, I support Tyranitar. If only because he's one of the few 2nd Gen Pokemon that would fit. And 2nd Gen needs a playable rep.
I might make a moveset for him, just don't expect it too soon.
I don't think that it should take up a whole move slot, though. I think some of Tyranitar's attacks should have elemental effects.

And I added you!

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I don't think that it should take up a whole move slot, though. I think some of Tyranitar's attacks should have elemental effects.
Ah well. Some people just see Pokemon using attacks out of their typing in Smash, and others don't. Personally, I don't think it fits. And Sakurai doesn't really seem to do that, but it is still a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom