• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Green Lightning strikes in! Mr.L support thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
Not a joke thread due to the fact I made a legimate reason for him appearing, and a move set. Will fill in more later due to the fact I'm eating and my laptop battery is low.

MR. L
Debuting in Super Paper Mario, Mr. L was Luigi's evil brainwashed counterpart. He was under the control of Count Bleck, but quickly won fans over for the dynamic personality that he had. He even eventually turned into Super Dimentio.

Arguments

Are you serious? Why?
It was Year Of Luigi when this game was announced. Mr.L was arguably the best we've seen of Luigi in the Paper Mario series. People keep wanting someone from Paper Mario in, and who else would be better? "WHAT ABOUT COUNT BLEC-" Shut up.

Wouldn't he just be a Luigi clone?
Goodness no. You can check the move set I've posted up on why he could be a completely different character.

Well, we really don't need ANOTHER Mario Rep?
Nonsense, this would be a long overdue Paper Mario rep. People keep saying we need one, and what kind of swerve would it be to include Mr.L?

MOVESET

Final Smash: The Brobot L-Type: Mr. L would jump into his bot. From there on, it would be able to fly, shoot paper rockets at the enemy, a paper flame thrower, and a kick that would send the enemy out of the arena.

V B: Mr. L pulls out one of his shroom shakes and sips from it, recovering either HP or damage.

>/< B: Mr. L folds himself into a paper airplane and flys towards the enemy.

^ B: Mr. L hops into air, much like the Mario/Luigi uppercut but a lot higher. Before the jump, he does a crouch down in paper style. However, the enemy lights into a green fire if hit. The fire damage lasts for two seconds.

V B: Mr. L does a small hop forward in the direction he's facing, then slams down on the enemy.

B: Luigi throws a paper hammer at the enemy. If the player tilts the control stick, it can be thrown either farther or shorter.

ALTERNATE COSTUME/RECOLORS

Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFU1sOaSDW8

Keep it unremixed, please.
-Rest to be added. It's around dinner time and I'm hungry, my apologies.-

Last edited:

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
The character idea is fine, but a good Draft save can help you with that moveset.
To be fair, I thought about that right when I posted the thread. I have a bit more time before the pizza arrives so as you can see, it's being updated. Hopefully someone can edit it up, add spoilers, make it look fancy. Etc. I don't expect much support as it is right now.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
I feel like Mr. L should be a Game and Watch-esque costume for Luigi (making him paper thin and maybe giving him 1 or 2 changed moves) but I dunno if we'll see him at all. We did get some decent SPM rep in Brawl with the -7- trophies, but I feel like Sticker Star will be the primary influence in Smash 4 (as awful as that is).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If Mr. L is in the next game he'd probably be an alt costume for Luigi at most.

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
I feel like Mr. L should be a Game and Watch-esque costume for Luigi (making him paper thin and maybe giving him 1 or 2 changed moves) but I dunno if we'll see him at all. We did get some decent SPM rep in Brawl with the -7- trophies, but I feel like Sticker Star will be the primary influence in Smash 4 (as awful as that is).
I would actually love this, however I would still love for them to throw that swerve in there. Kinda like how Dr.Mario was melee's swerve, Mr.L to rep Paper Mario would just be hilarious.

Now, I myself wouldn't want him over Paper Mario, and that's being honest. However I would still love Mr.L to make it into the game. Maybe Paper Mario could even have two reps. Paper Mario and Mr.L?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
NO.

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A COUNT BLECK.

SHHHHH.
Actually, there is such thing as Count Bleck.

He is a villain that is a seperate character from Luigi, and has a thread that was made by Mega Bidoof, who is known as the King of Irrelevant Characters around here.

Regardless, I support De Gweeeeen Lite Ning.

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
Did I technically beat you to the punch? I made a support thread for Paper Luigi.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...prings-into-action-now-with-a-moveset.342903/

Regardless, I will support. Luigi is my favorite character and any 2nd Luigi will automatically make me happy.
Well, there are still some differences between the two, including move set. Hell if I know.

Actually, there is such thing as Count Bleck.

He is a villain that is a seperate character from Luigi, and has a thread that was made by Mega Bidoof, who is known as the King of Irrelevant Characters around here.

Regardless, I support De Gweeeeen Lite Ning.
Count Bleck is not a villain. Nor is he an actual character. He is a figment of Mega Bidoof's imagination. -cough-

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Count Bleck is not a villain. Nor is he an actual character. He is a figment of Mega Bidoof's imagination. -cough-
Muster El is 2 A figment of Ur imagination.
She is also just Louie G., with no physical difference. Anyding dat Mustard El can doo, Louie G. can doo 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom