• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Talk about a temper tantrum... Baby Bowser for Smash 4!

Would you want Baby Bowser in Smash 4?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Does the Yoshi series need another rep?

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Yes, but only if Kamek gets in first.

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
upload_2014-2-11_17-53-1.jpeg
History
Not to be confused with Bowser Jr., Baby Bowser is the main antagonist of the Yoshi series, being the Prince of Koopas. He appears to know nothing of Kamek's plan to kidnap Baby Luigi, but attacks Yoshi because he is in his castle. He is defeated. leading to his hatred of Mario, Luigi and Yoshi. His next appearance is in Yoshi's Story for N64, where he steals the Super Happy Tree and turns the whole island into a pop-up book. He is once again defeated. He later appears in Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, where he attempts to kidnap Baby Peach some time after the events of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, but they are interrupted by the invasion of the Shroobs. He decides to help out the Mario Bros., until he later teams up with his future self. They are defeated by the heroes and the time stream is fixed. His most recent appearance is Yoshi's Island DS, where he seems to have no misgivings towards the Bros., but actually sticks up for them when his future self returns and demands the capture of the heroes, who are also babies. He is kicked out of Future Bowser Castle, and lands on a Yoshi, who he joins, along with the other babies, but betrays them, ending in his defeat, where he is carried away by Kamek.

Moveset
Baby Bowser would be much like his future self, but a bit more awkward and weak. He gets more speed and great aerial movement as a trade, allowing for a new strategy. HOWEVER, he is not a COMPLETE clone of Bowser, only sharing a few Smashes and pummels, albeit weaker.
AAA: Sissy-slaps, dealing 4% damage.
B: Bob-omb: Thows a mini-Bob-omb forward, which explodes after making contact. If it lands, then it walks for a few seconds, then explodes. 12%
Side B: BB's Pet: He rides his pet(http://www.mariowiki.com/File:Yoshistorybeta.PNG) in a straight line and collides with opponents. 9%
Up B: Kamek's Broom: Kamek appears on his broom, and BB garbs the handle, hanging on underneath. You briefly control Kamek, who can't attack, and BB is left vulnerable.
Down B: Seismic Stomp: Jumps up, then stomps, causing a shockwave. The shockwave goes in a wave-like movement on both sides, ending only when it gets to the end of the stage.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
is baby bowser even neccicary? I mean, there's Bowser Jr which functions almost the same as him (minus Bowser Jr having a paintbrush).

I think it would upset (and confuse) most fans of Bowser Jr, and quite possibly many mario fans as a whole.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
The poll should have a "Yes, but only if Kamek, Baby Mario, Stork and Bowser Jr. get in first." option.

Last edited:

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
Lol, I kinda just want to see him in only to read the reactions from the Bowser Jr supporters.

Other then that? Nah, I'll pass. I'd love to have a ton of characters, and I don't normally say no to many characters. But I don't see what Baby Bowser would bring to the battle.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Lol, I kinda just want to see him in only to read the reactions from the Bowser Jr supporters.

Other then that? Nah, I'll pass. I'd love to have a ton of characters, and I don't normally say no to many characters. But I don't see what Baby Bowser would bring to the battle.
A Bowser clone.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Yeah, there are already enough of them Koopa Kids. Why add Baby Bowser?!
Because he is Bowser. We have two Links, two members of the Pikachu line, and two kids with similar magic, why not two of the most popular video game antagonist of all time?

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Because he is Bowser. We have two Links, two members of the Pikachu line, and two kids with similar magic, why not two of the most popular video game antagonist of all time?
You mean PSI? It's not magic. Lucas & Ness can be different, but I'd prefer them to play very differently anyway,

Baby Bowser simply doesn't need to be in Smash Bros. Why? Well, he's not very different than Bowser. If he did get in, Sakurai would most likely make him a clone anyway. Also, even if he wouldn't be a clone, he doesn't really bring a whole lot of new or interesting ideas to Smash.

If Sakurai gave him a unique moveset, I'd be all for it! But like I said, Baby Bowser isn't very unique.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
You mean PSI? It's not magic. Lucas & Ness can be different, but I'd prefer them to play very differently anyway,

Baby Bowser simply doesn't need to be in Smash Bros. Why? Well, he's not very different than Bowser. If he did get in, Sakurai would most likely make him a clone anyway. Also, even if he wouldn't be a clone, he doesn't really bring a whole lot of new or interesting ideas to Smash.

If Sakurai gave him a unique moveset, I'd be all for it! But like I said, Baby Bowser isn't very unique.
Play Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story, along with Yoshi's Island DS, then come back to me. That's like saying Samus and Dark Samus aren't different, just because they look similar. There are huge differences, and subtle ones, too.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Play Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story, along with Yoshi's Island DS, then come back to me. That's like saying Samus and Dark Samus aren't different, just because they look similar. There are huge differences, and subtle ones, too.
*sigh* Well, everyone has their own opinions. I mean they technically the same character. It'ssimply Bowser when he was a baby. Baby Bowser.

But I guess I just don't like the idea of him Smash Bros. I don't know...

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
*sigh* Well, everyone has their own opinions. I mean they technically the same character. It'ssimply Bowser when he was a baby. Baby Bowser.

But I guess I just don't like the idea of him Smash Bros. I don't know...
Give him a chance. I played every Metal Gear game and still hate Snake. But I gave him a chance.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
The idea of Baby Bowser being in Smash and -not- being a clone is ridiculous. Could Baby Bowser have his own moveset? Yes, but why would Sakurai devote that much time to a character who is essentially just a smaller version of a preexisting one when he could clone them and have it be completely in-character?

It's like trying to give Pichu it's own moveset. Could it have one? Yes. Is it necessary? No.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
The idea of Baby Bowser being in Smash and -not- being a clone is ridiculous. Could Baby Bowser have his own moveset? Yes, but why would Sakurai devote that much time to a character who is essentially just a smaller version of a preexisting one when he could clone them and have it be completely in-character?

It's like trying to give Pichu it's own moveset. Could it have one? Yes. Is it necessary? No.
*cough*MYM*cough* Don't judge, you make movesets for fun. And I said he's a semi-clone, sharing most of Bowser's normal attacks. So, he's a semi-clone.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Well, this is pretty much never going to happen, as cool as it would be to see another Yoshi rep in the form of Kamek. But I like Baby Bowser way more than Bowser Jr. Somehow.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Well, like I said...Everyone has their own opinions, and I can respect that. I did give him a chance, but I don't like him in Smash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom