• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eat Your Veggies! Wart for Super Smash Bros.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
image.jpg

WART!

[Note that all the information used in this thread will be based on the character Wart, and not the original version Mamu from Doki Doki Panic.]

ecause the original Super Mario Bros. 2 was considered too difficult for North American audiences, Nintendo remadeDoki Doki Panic into a Mariogame and released it as Super Mario Bros. 2 outside of Japan. Muu was changed to "Subcon" and Mamu's name was changed to "Wart" for English-speaking audience. When the international version of Super Mario Bros. 2 was released in Japan as Super Mario USA, the original name of "Mamu" was used for Wart, although the name "Subcon" was retained along with all the plot elements the were changed when the game was originally converted from Doki Doki Panic to a Mario title.
Like in Doki Doki Panic, in Super Mario Bros. 2, Wart uses the hijacked Dream Machine and his army (known as the 8 bits) to conquer Subcon. The plot about the storyline is removed, however, and Wart is simply left undefeated. Instead of fighting him, the native fairies of Subcon (themselves called Subcons) make contact with Mario through one of his dreams, pleading for him to save them and telling him about Wart's weakness distaste for Vegetables. Mario initially dismisses the message as a regular dream, but the next day he, Luigi,Toad, and Princess Toadstool discover a door to Subcon and decide to save the dream world from Wart.

Mario and his friends proceed to defeat Wart's 8 bits and the leaders, Tryclyde, Mouser, various Birdos(including Birdo herself), Fryguy and Clawgrip. They then confront Wart in his castle, and like the heroes ofDoki Doki Panic, use vegetables ejected by the Nightmare Machine to defeat Wart. In this game, Wart must be forced to swallow six vegetables to be defeated, but other than that, his attacks and abilities are the same as in Doki Doki Panic. After his defeat, Wart is seen one last time during the victory celebrations, being crowd-surfed across the screen by the now-freed Subcons. As he disappears off the screen, swirls and stars appear, implying that they serve him another beat-down for his actions.

After the victory celebrations, Mario wakes up in his bed and is left to ponder if the events that transpired really happened or if they are no more than products of a dream, then continue sleeping.
[source= Super Mario Wiki]

Moveset Possibilities:
Directly, Wart can do a lot by himself. He can however, use vegetables in variety of always and attacks,
He can also use his minions, most of which he vent been seen in a long time (Phanto, Mouser etc.) as attacks for him. Using minions as attacks would give Wart a completely new spin that no fighter in Smash Bros. has ever seen before!
I will have to take a look at all his minions, and the little direct attacks he has to see what he can do in Smash Bros.!

SECTION UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

He can probably also do many other things, and Sakurai can improvise, but I don't know what he would do.

Movesets:
None yet, though I am working on one and am near completion.
If you have one or make one, please post it here.

Roster/Siganture Icons:
None yet, please make one and post it here!
There may or may not be a default Wart Icon in the roster maker. I don't know.

List of Supporters:
Mega Bidoof
PigmaskColonel
HylianHeroBigBoss
Wonks

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was really hoping New Super Mario Bros 2 would be a homage to Super Mario Bros 2

With like Wart and stuff

But of course it wasn't

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I was really hoping New Super Mario Bros 2 would be a homage to Super Mario Bros 2

With like Wart and stuff

But of course it wasn't
So was I.

I was all ready for Wart to be the main villain or at least a side-villain of 3D World, but of course he wasn't.

Anyway, do you support?

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
I'm suprised this thread hasn't already been made. You'd think there'd be some Wart fan out there or something...

Anyway, I support. He could be an interesting character to play as, although I still feel like his moveset potential isn't very large.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I admit, I was a tad disappointed when 3D World arrived and Wart wasn't working with Bowser.

I mean the Sprixie civilians are a direct character homage to SMB2's Subcons. Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad's abilities are from that game too.

Honestly I love SMB2 a lot, we got a lot of interesting things from it; Birdo, Shy Guy, Pidgit, playable Toad and Peach would be considerably worse in Smash Bros. if SMB2 hadn't given her that floating ability.

I'd love to see Wart return properly in a future Mario title, perhaps working with Tatanga and yes, Bowser(because status quo).

Not sure if I want him playable in Smash, but he'd be a boss that I could get behind.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
I think that his Nuetral Special should be his bubble thing...I don't remember a whole lot about Wart's boss fight, I just remembered that he had some kinda bubble attack.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Judging by his boss battle Wart only really has a bubble attack to work with from canon abilities.

Still, said bubble attack could be devastating if you got caught in it like so:

Perhaps you get trapped akin to the bubble players respawn from in the New Super Mario Bros. and 3D World multiplayer titles.

Having Birdo, Shy Guy, Mouser, etc aid him would certainly give him some additional flavour.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Eh I'll support but I noticed that the 3D wart model looked a lot like k.rool could it just be a coincidence or something more.
I personally don't see a resemblance. K. Rool has many different features. The eye tic, the crocodile head, the golden belly, the red cape... I just don't really see any type of similarity.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I just realized how stupid bidoof is.
Wanna bet Dunsparce is better?

Go look up and make sure of the max stats of both Bidoof and Dunsparce, and if Dunsparce wins, you will officially win this argument.
Be legit about it. Don't cheat.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
So few people care about Wart that a fake argument is the only way to get the page count up, eh?

That's kinda depressing.
They should revive Wart and make him a relevant-returning-retro villain. Then he would have a much MUCH larger fanbase!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So few people care about Wart that a fake argument is the only way to get the page count up, eh?

That's kinda depressing.
No, it was a fak argument I made with Dunsparce to keep him busy while I make the Prince of all Cosmos thread, which we were kind of racing for.
So the argument was used to distract him like a monkey and banana.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Im definitely for wart, id wanted to see him at least in some form with the world of mario 2. Id definitely take him over krool :troll:

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, the only way Wart could get into the game would be as an Assist Trophy or as a Boss in the best case scenario. I've always thought that some Mario characters like Wart, Tatanga or Pauline should receive more recognition in Spin-off games like the Party or Kart series though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom