• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

朧村正の桃姫と鬼助!! Enter Kisuke and Momohime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
A pink sakura...
Dances softly in the wind...
Dash into battle

Kisuke&Momohime Dashes into Battle!!

Momohime and Kisuke hail from one of the most beautiful games out there, Muramasa the Demon Blade. The game is separated into two different story lines that follows the two characters: the story line for Momohime and the story line of Kisuke. Both have various techniques, skills, and weapons as well as highly powered attacks called Ougi to combat the supernatural and evil enemies they encounter such as Ogres, Demons, Umbrella Ghosts, and Snow Women. The game has a 2-D style that overflows with color and art but boasts a fast-pace action that can bewilder the eyes.

So let's introduce our protagonists...
Kisuke&Momohime

Kisuke

Kisuke is a young boy suffering from amnesia and serious skills in everything ninja. Extremely fast and dexterious, he is fully capable of cutting down hordes of supernatural opponents and enemy ninja. He is being hounded by said enemy ninja for a crime that he does not remember. He seeks to find out the crime that he committed as well as to search for a "legendary sword". He seems to have a connection to Momohime.

Momohime

Momohime is a princess from the Narukami clan and is said to be possessed by a demon who is in search of his lost sword. She at first hates the demon but grows to respect him. She has a caring and gentle heart to those around her. She is capable of performing lightning-fast sword attacks, float elegantly in the air, and keep a level head on the battlefield. She seems to have a mysterious connection with Kisuke.

Why Kisuke and Momohime?
They both hail from Muramasa: The Demon Blade, a game originally released on the Wii in 2009. It was developed by Vanillware and produced by Marvelous(JP)/Ignition(NA). It's release was a success in Japan, gaining a 34/40 in Famitsu but saw a lackluster release in North America. Yet, it sold fairly well, selling 35,000 units when it was released. It has appeared on many top Wii game lists including IGN's top 25, coming in at #21. While critics praised it's fun game play, excellent and engaging music, interesting and refreshing character designs, and intuitive RPG elements; its level design and art style is highly praised and many consider it a work of art. This is evident in the flowing sakura petals, beautiful night lit castles, and raging pits in hell. Here are a few screenshots showcasing the art style:

So how could they be incorporated into the Smash series? Well, they would be a interchangeable character where by inputting a combo, they will switch places. Both would have different characteristics that set them apart from each other. In order to switch either character out, pressing the Down Taunt will cause them to switch. In addition, in Muramasa, you are able to collect swords which have different properties to them. Over using a sword causes it to break and thus the player has to switch out for a new one until it heals itself /the player manually fixes it. I feel the best way to incorporate this into the character is by giving Momohime and Kisuke five swords each that they can switch out. They do not have the same swords though and compliment their abilities. In addition, both characters have basically the same type of attacks though some of them differ slightly though the specials remain the same in most cases. They can be considered semi-clones of each other.

SPECIALS

Neutral B: Ougi
Momohime/Kisuke will perform the Ougi that is apart of their sword. The types of Ougi are detailed below.

Side B: Hero Dash
Momohime/Kisuke does a blinding dash that is chargeable. The type of the sword that are wielding affects the speed and damage output of the attack.

Up B: Windmill Blade
Momohome/Kisuke leaps up and does a windmill-like spin with the blade. Again, the height, length, and damage output is affected by the blade.

Down B: Swap Out
Momohime/Kisuke will swap out the current sword for a new one. You can tell if the sword if fully healed when it flashes once when pulled out. A damaged sword has a purple haze affect and appears cracked. When it breaks, the sword will instantly break in half and the pointed end will fly off. It can be used as an item and thrown. Swapping it out will begin to heal the sword.

KISUKE

Kisuke is more powerful and slower than Momohime yet shorter. He is able to crawl much like Snake or Zamus. He focuses more on delivering powerful attacks that have a wide range of damage. Therefore all of his swords, save for one, are Nodachi's (long swords).

List of Kisuke's Swords and Ougi (Ougi descriptions/attributes coming soon):

1. Kagura Muramasa
Nodachi
Ougi: Cyclone
Notes: Kisuke's starting blade

2. Hayate Muramasa
Nodachi
Ougi: Faerie Blaze

3. Yoiyami Muramasa
Nodachi
Ougi: Fire Storm

4. Magoroku Kanemoto
Katana
Ougi: Kamaitachi

5. Kumokiri
Nodachi
Ougi: Meteor

MOMOHIME

Momohime is much faster and lighter; yet taller. She is capable of performing dazzling sword attacks that can confuse and bewilder opponents. She is also capable of floating by holding up the up analog stick while on the highest point of jumping. Her swords are all katana's save for one.

List of Kisuke's Swords and Ougi (Ougi descriptions/attributes coming soon):

1. Chizuru Muramasa
Katana
Ougi: Misty Slash
Notes: Momohime's Starting Blade

2. Mutsuki Muramasa
Nodachi
Ougi: Sakuya

3. Kagetsu Muramasa
Katana
Ougi: Raiden

4. Shishiou
Katana
Ougi: Universe

5. Jyuzumaru Tsunetsugu
Katana
Ougi: 4 Faerie Bolt

Note: Swords are subject to change. I need to go back and play a bit of Muramasa.

Final Smash: Oboro Muramasa
Both Momohime and Kisuke utilize this sword and its Ougi with is Pandemonium. Upon activation, both Kisuke and Momohime will appear holding duplicates of the sword. Instantly five phantom versions of themselves appear and then begin teleporting around the stage; slashing and hiring crescent energy blasts. The Final Smash lasts around 10 seconds and is fairly powerful. After the Final Smash, who ever activated it will leave and the the other character will jump in (basically a forced Swap Out).
Additional Muramasa Content
(Coming soon)

Stages

Assist Trophies

Items

Trophies

Music

Clan Supporters

Please note this thread is under construction and will be updated with new content.​

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I love these obscure characters, and I liked the idea! But I didn't undestand.. they are first party characters?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd support Momohime like there was no tomorrow if she had even a shot in hell.

The most I hope for is another game with her (and Kisuke I guess) on a Nintendo platform.

I love these obscure characters, and I liked the idea! But I didn't undestand.. they are first party characters?
They are third-parties owned by Vanillaware I believe.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I forgot to mention they are 3rd party. But I feel they definitely fit into the Smash universe.

D

Deleted member

Oh WOW!!

This thread is a thing!

I love you Venus!!

I'm glad more than 3 people in the whole world have played this game, that's exciting. Muramasa defo deserves some more love. I think it's a perfect example of a game where the aesthetic appeal makes up for the flaws elsewhere, because goddamn, that game is simply beautiful.

Anyway, I like the idea you've got of making them a tag-team, and would certainly gun for them under the premise that they're basically the fast katana style I'd like to see in Smash, much like Lyn, but sadly, being 3rd party and all, they're about as likely as Travis. Who is from another game which deserves more love... Btw, little known fact that nobody seemed to pick up, but on that Lyn moveset I made, I drew from Momo's aerial combos for some of her Aerial moves, just another reason why I'd love to see this happen.

Oh, and did I mention the art was beautiful? It really is...

@ N3ON N3ON

>and Kisuke I guess

lol

If you ACTUALLY finished the game, you'd see that a sequel can't really be done since the game kinda closes up nicely leaving no room for anything else. I'd still like another game by Vanillaware with this Japanese style though.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thanks everyone! They certainly fit in Smash art and gameplay-wise.

I seem to have left my copy back in the States. Could anyone help me add descriptions to the Special Arts (Ougi) section? There seems to be a lack of them on the inter webs. The wiki has nothing on them and nor does YouTube.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Absolutely love Muramasa from the little I've played. Although I've only played Momohime, I would much prefer THESE two samurai-esque swordsman than Takamaru.

The fact they're third party is disappointing and a huge negative against them sadly.

Still, when does anyone use something boring like 'actual chance' to express support for a character? This game is beautiful and I'm frankly surprised no one thought of this duo already.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'll be writing up a move set too.

Here's a Momohime gameplay video:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I always found Momohime pretty adorable and I'd love to see her and Kisuke playable in Smash. Sadly I've never played their game though but I'd love to do so someday. :)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
She would look stunning with those HD graphics!!

****, I want to see a Muramasa HD now...

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Bump!

Hmm, looks like a pretty fun game to play when you want to kill time. Shame it is not available for the 3DS. I have always had a certain affinity for 2D beat-'em-ups, probably because I grew up on them. I really like the art style of this game. I might check this game out when mine semester is over. Though still, I really would have loved to have a portable version of this game--and there is no way I will ever buy a PS Vita.

Anyhow, both Momohime and Kisuke seem to be interesting characters. Judging by the gameplay videos, they definitey would make interesting fighters, especially Momohime, what with the whole spirit-possession phenomenon. If only they were first party...

Anyhow, interesting thread. It has been years since I have played a good beat-'em-up game.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Bump again!

I recently bought this game for the Wii and started playing it today. I must say, this game is absolutely beautiful! The story is interesting so far (I decided to play as Momohime first, on "Shura" mode), and the battle controls are surprisingly easy to pick up, and the battle system is quite unique. The enemies are not insanely strong, but they will still whip you if you are careless (especially the umbrella guys and those damn water creatures). I recently got past that fire wheel boss, and am currently at the beach.

It is a shame Momohime is not first-party. I think she would have made a very interesting character in Smash 4, especially given the way she controls in her own game.

But anyhow, thanks for the referral! I am certainly glad I decided to buy this game.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am glad this thread got you to purchase the game! It's great.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I always found Momohime pretty adorable and I'd love to see her and Kisuke playable in Smash. Sadly I've never played their game though but I'd love to do so someday. :)
Aaand apparently I've forgotten I've posted here before....

Anyway, I finally got to play this game and I've been enjoying it so far and I would still love to see Momohime and Kisuke in Smash. Even if as Trophies like they had to with Rayman apparently. Bet they would look stunning. :)

In fact, Momohime and Kisuke already have some very good looking figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom